What else did Jesus forgive us for?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2010, 01:51 PM
What else did Jesus forgive us for?
We all know that Jesus came and died for our sins, or at least we know that is what they say. However, often times when a Christian is pressed about whatever violent/sexist/just-plain-wrong law in the Old Testament, they say that Jesus changed that. So, basically I want to start a list of these random laws that Jesus forgave(according to your local pastor). Here is a few that I can think of.

The law that prohibits having a foreskin.
The law that prohibits a carven imagine of god.
The law that says males with injured genitals must not go to church.
The law that says donkeys and oxes cannot be used to flow the same field at the same time.
You cannot boil a baby it it's mother's milk

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2010, 03:03 PM
RE: What else did Jesus forgive us for?
Every single commandment given in the old testament i.e. don't rape little boys and wear phylacteries.

Well, except for being fruitful and to multiply. Them catholics swear by that one.
15-06-2010, 03:11 PM
(15-06-2010 03:03 PM)Moshe Wrote:  Every single commandment given in the old testament i.e. don't rape little boys and wear phylacteries.

Well, except for being fruitful and to multiply. Them catholics swear by that one.

And the Ten Commandments are held near and dear. The thing is there is a lot of stories and laws in the Old Testament that are still good and valid. I just find it interesting how much cherry picking goes on.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
13-08-2012, 11:36 PM
The law about raping women, then paying their fathers 50 sheckles to make things A' okay.
[+] 1 user Likes BennyTheAwesome's post