What evidence you got to prove the existence of God ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2015, 12:24 PM
RE: What evidence you got to prove the existence of God ?
(03-09-2015 03:24 PM)Free Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 03:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, there are Gods many and Lords many (as Paul said). But house of Israel worships only one of Them or only one God - monotheism.
All those other Gods is not our business.

Okay, so these gods that created mankind are not the same singular God who you should worship?
There are many Gods in infinite space but there is God who organized our Earth. It is Yahweh or Jesus Christ or God Son. He didn't do it(organizing the Earth) alone. Michael is one of His helpers.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2015, 12:37 PM
(04-09-2015 12:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  There are many Gods in infinite space but there is God who organized our Earth. It is Yahweh or Jesus Christ or God Son. He didn't do it(organizing the Earth) alone. Michael is one of His helpers.

You assert that with such assurance, but you have no evidence.
You may believe it, but you can't possibly know it to be fact.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2015, 12:50 PM
(03-09-2015 04:31 PM)Free Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 04:19 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I know this is really wordy... sorry. At the end of the day, if you view it differently than I do, then that's fine. I still wish to state my case. Wink

Yes, the text does say “our” but the mem on the end of that word is not plural. The entitles to whom G-d is speaking are not identified in Genesis at all. I believe many Christians or people with Christian backgrounds see equal plurality there because that’s what they’re expecting to see. I don’t believe the text supports it, but to be fair, I'm not a Hebrew scholar.

Then again, Judaism and Christianity are totally different religions having very little in common. Observant Jews rely on the Talmud to help interpret confusing text. In the Talmud, it says that G-d is speaking to a council of angels and not to other gods.

Even if we don’t use the Talmud, there are other parts of the bible that depict G-d with angels and seraphims, and a council of the Lord. The phrase “us”…. Such as in Isaiah 6:1-2,8 G-d asks, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Jeremiah 22:26 and 23:18 and Job 15:8 talk about a council of the Lord. These passages clearly show that G-d is not alone, and I believe that there is precedence to show that when G-d says “us” He’s talking about His council and not to other gods which I don’t think are mentioned anywhere anyway.

I’m unaware of anywhere in the Hebrew scriptures where G-d indicates having a co-partnership with another G-d. I’d be curious to examine such a passage.

Yes, there is precedence for a certainty for almost all of it. It's just this one verse in Genesis that seems exceptionally different due to the plurality, which is there in the Hebrew.

The following is the best precedence I have seen to support your position regarding a council of God:

Gen 11:6 And Jehovah said, Behold! The people is one and they all have one language. And this they begin to do. And now nothing which they have imagined to do will be restrained from them.
Gen 11:7 Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, so that they cannot understand one another's speech.
Gen 11:8 So Jehovah scattered them abroad from that place upon the face of all the earth. And they quit building the city.

It demonstrates God in the singular as "Jehovah" in 11:6, then the council with the word "Us" in 11:7, and then swings back to the singular "Jehovah" in 11:8. The reason this is so good is that it is all in the same conversation and subject matter.
The Bible is very confusing. The Bible is NOT enough to know the nature of God correctly. There is not even fullness of the Gospel in the Bible.
The Bible claims that there are lost Scriptures. The Bible claims that 1st epistle to Corinthians of Paul is not the first epistle he wrote to them. So the 1st epistle of Paul could be the second. the third? the forth?
God said that male and female were created in Their image and likeness.
"Male" and "female" are not exactly the same. They have different gender. They have different missions. Are Elohim(Gods) or "Them" Male and Female? could it be?

04-09-2015, 12:51 PM
(04-09-2015 12:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  There are many Gods in infinite space but there is God who organized our Earth. It is Yahweh or Jesus Christ or God Son. He didn't do it(organizing the Earth) alone. Michael is one of His helpers.

Making things up is fun, isn't it?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
04-09-2015, 12:52 PM
(04-09-2015 12:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  

You assert that with such assurance, but you have no evidence.
You may believe it, but you can't possibly know it to be fact.
It is the truth what you say.
Yes, I believe it. The Holy Ghost convinced me. I trust Him.

04-09-2015, 12:54 PM
(04-09-2015 12:51 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  

Making things up is fun, isn't it?

I am sure that making things up is fun. But share the Gospel even more fun. At least to me.

04-09-2015, 12:54 PM
(04-09-2015 12:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 04:31 PM)Free Wrote:  Yes, there is precedence for a certainty for almost all of it. It's just this one verse in Genesis that seems exceptionally different due to the plurality, which is there in the Hebrew.

The following is the best precedence I have seen to support your position regarding a council of God:

Gen 11:6 And Jehovah said, Behold! The people is one and they all have one language. And this they begin to do. And now nothing which they have imagined to do will be restrained from them.
Gen 11:7 Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, so that they cannot understand one another's speech.
Gen 11:8 So Jehovah scattered them abroad from that place upon the face of all the earth. And they quit building the city.

It demonstrates God in the singular as "Jehovah" in 11:6, then the council with the word "Us" in 11:7, and then swings back to the singular "Jehovah" in 11:8. The reason this is so good is that it is all in the same conversation and subject matter.
The Bible is very confusing. The Bible is NOT enough to know the nature of God correctly. There is not even fullness of the Gospel in the Bible.
The Bible claims that there are lost Scriptures. The Bible claims that 1st epistle to Corinthians of Paul is not the first epistle he wrote to them. So the 1st epistle of Paul could be the second. the third? the forth?
God said that male and female were created in Their image and likeness.
"Male" and "female" are not exactly the same. They have different gender. They have different missions. Are Elohim(Gods) or "Them" Male and Female? could it be?

Why would God allow these Scriptures to be lost? Why would God not be abundantly clear in His one and only message to his creation?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
04-09-2015, 01:02 PM
(03-09-2015 04:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  There also has been some question surrounding the nephilim--where sons of gods went into daughters of men. Some scholars say these were other gods and some say the gods they were referring to were human kings.
Genesis is significantly older than the Talmud which makes me question the Talmud's accuracy in interpreting the views of early biblical writers.
You don't have to accept this interpretation but I would like to give you an opportunity to know it.
"Sons of God" or "children of God" is often reference to mortal men who make covenants with God or they are God's covenant people. In these verses "sons of God" are God's covenant men who became apostates by marring daughters of the people who were not covenant people/who worshiped false gods or idols.
It happened with house of Israel as the Bible claims. Many God's children or sons(house of Israel) took wives against Yahweh's will from the people who worshiped idols.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
04-09-2015, 01:20 PM
(04-09-2015 01:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 04:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  There also has been some question surrounding the nephilim--where sons of gods went into daughters of men. Some scholars say these were other gods and some say the gods they were referring to were human kings.
Genesis is significantly older than the Talmud which makes me question the Talmud's accuracy in interpreting the views of early biblical writers.
You don't have to accept this interpretation but I would like to give you an opportunity to know it.
"Sons of God" or "children of God" is often reference to mortal men who make covenants with God or they are God's covenant people. In these verses "sons of God" are God's covenant men who became apostates by marring daughters of the people who were not covenant people/who worshiped false gods or idols.
It happened with house of Israel as the Bible claims. Many God's children or sons(house of Israel) took wives against Yahweh's will from the people who worshiped idols.

Were they buoyant?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
04-09-2015, 01:32 PM
(04-09-2015 12:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Why would God allow these Scriptures to be lost? Why would God not be abundantly clear in His one and only message to his creation?
That is really great question.
God blesses people with different blessings - every one of us/ both house of Israel and Gentiles. So, He gives us blessing but it depends on many things. Some of them:
our faith
our worthiness
our ability to understand(to digest)
our needs
Knowledge is one of the blessings. God gives knowledge to His children this way: line upon line until we have fullness of this knowledge. From smaller light to greater light.
When people reject this light or knowledge, God not only stops to give more knowledge He takes what He gave before.
Many times there were periods when people rejected knowledge from God. Those were dark times when people didn't have prophets and more revelations from God. Old revelations were distorted by wicked men or lost completely.
This what prophet Amos said about this kind of times:
Amos 8:
11 behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send famine in the land, but not a famine of bread, nor a thirst of water, but of hearing THE WORDS OF THE LORD
12 and they(seekers of the truth or God's words) shall wander from sea to sea, from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall NOT FIND IT.
Take the parable of Jesus about the talents(Matt.25) what happened to the one who didn't do anything with the money/did not use it?
when we reject what God offers(knowledge) He doesn't give more, He even takes away what was given before.