What evidence you got to prove the existence of God ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: What evidence you got to prove the existence of God ?
You can't.

You can't prove God via empirical data because He is an unfalsifiable claim.

God cannot be proved or disproved via empirical evidence. The only forms of "evidence" that can prove God is anecdotal and faith... and these don't fall into the category of evidence... hence, there is no answer to the question. You just can't.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like kingschosen's post
01-09-2015, 05:51 PM
I dunno... the sound of the human female orgasm as muffled by thighs squeezing tightly to my ears... that's pretty good evidence of God. It's not proof, but it's pretty good evidence. Wink

Sadly, the fact that I'm an atheist implies that I haven't heard this sound often enough. Weeping

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
01-09-2015, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2015 07:23 PM by true scotsman.)
(01-09-2015 10:57 AM)Ghostbuster Wrote:  If you guys got any evidence or example to prove the existence of God,then please come up. I'm curiously waiting for it. Make sure to give enough citation and evidence about your opinion. I just want to know what religious People think and what points they have to say. If there is no religious people peeping around here, then this question is for the ex believers who was one believed any religion. And the quotes or words of the so called religious scholars who explained the evidence of God who is the creator and the infinite being of the universe!! I hope you guys got my question now.

I just want to know what are the evidence that religious people (Christians,Muslims,Jews,Hindus etc) claim to prove the existence of God. So those who know the evidence or the proof of theists for the existence( I know which is a fairytale) of the God, then please share it. For religious people they come up with their holly books which are from their God or so! I would like to know about the verses from the religious verses (texts) too.

Well I used to be a Christian and I can tell you what the main evidence was that I used and that was that all the adults around me believed and so I figured I should too even if there were some things that I found troubling. As I got older and saw arguments against the existence of God, I would bristle and become angry. I realized one day that all my response was wholly emotional and that bothered me. That's when I started seriously examining the arguments for God and learning about logic. Since I hadn't been taught to reason in school or in Church (indeed what does the church have to say on the subject?) , I had to do it on my own and when I did this, one after another of the arguments for God melted away in fallacies. There wasn't one that worked or didn't contain a major flaw. So then I became a deist for a short time and then finally an atheist. In all those years of examining Christianity I was never given any objective evidence for God. Everything presented as evidence required that I already believe in God first and that is just circular as hell. Some Christians wander on here from time to time and they do no better at providing any objective evidence. My favorite thing is to ask them how I can reliably distinguish what they are calling God from something they are merely imagining. To date no theist has given a satisfactory answer to this question.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 3 users Like true scotsman's post
01-09-2015, 06:59 PM
There is zero evidence for any deity.
All religion is man made BS.

I hope this answers the OP.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
01-09-2015, 07:47 PM
I'll give the answer I would have when I was a believer at different stages.

Earliest sentiment: The historical facts of the bible and the truth of the bible. This phase ended around age 7 to 8-ish.

Next sentiment: Personal experience. I felt the presence of God and I had spoken to him, and he had spoken to me. I had a vision of him and what more proof do I need?

Last sentiment I personally held: There is a fundamental difference between life and non-life, something transcendental that all living things share. We as humans are uniquely aware of our selves and our existence, and can stand as witness to the flow of life through the universe. As such we are blessed, and this ability to reflect is a reflection of the divine.

The reason my dad currently gives: It would be foolish to believe that we can understand the universe. There is so much that is up to random chance and to chaos, why not call it god?
01-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Thank you Natachan and true Scotsman for your explanation. I you guys got my question and here some people are just replying something that is not related to the question.
01-09-2015, 09:47 PM
(01-09-2015 02:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You can't.

God cannot be proved or disproved via empirical evidence. The only forms of "evidence" that can prove God is anecdotal and faith... and these don't fall into the category of evidence... hence, there is no answer to the question. You just can't.

There is no need to disprove what cannot be proved.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
02-09-2015, 06:55 AM
(01-09-2015 09:47 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 02:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You can't.

There is no need to disprove what cannot be proved.

If that is true so is the opposite.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
02-09-2015, 06:56 AM
(01-09-2015 09:37 PM)Ghostbuster Wrote:  Thank you Natachan and true Scotsman for your explanation. I you guys got my question and here some people are just replying something that is not related to the question.

I very much answered the question. You asked for a Christian's opinion, and I gave you one.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
02-09-2015, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 10:55 AM by Aliza.)
We can’t at this time conclusively prove the existence of G-d to everyone’s satisfaction…. I think you already know that. Though now that you've clarified your OP, I suspect all you’re really asking is if the reason that some people have for believing in God compelling enough to convince you.

If you’re willing to expand your original question to include this (reason vs. proof), then I think we can at least have a conversation.

The information that I'll be presenting to you is from the Jewish perspective. It is not intended to convince you; only to present a reason why Jews believe in G-d. Fortunately for all of us, it is not my job to convince you to believe in G-d or convert to Judaism. I will, however, endeavor to continue the conversation with you if you wish to discuss other points about why Jews believe.

We’re a very rational people and we don’t generally get caught up in “feeling” G-d’s presence in our lives. We tend to construct rational arguments as to why it makes more sense to believe than not to believe.

The following video is about the revelation narrative for Judaism, and some modern explanations as to why many of us accept the Torah as being divine. It’s a long video and I apologize for that. –But at least the speaker is entertaining. The speech is tailored for a Jewish audience but I think it's 100% in English. PM me if you get stuck on a word.

[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post