What evidence you got to prove the existence of God ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2015, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 07:53 AM by Tomasia.)
RE: What evidence you got to prove the existence of God ?
(01-09-2015 02:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You can't.

You can't prove God via empirical data because He is an unfalsifiable claim.

God cannot be proved or disproved via empirical evidence. The only forms of "evidence" that can prove God is anecdotal and faith... and these don't fall into the category of evidence... hence, there is no answer to the question. You just can't.

I'm wondering if all ontological beliefs are unfalsifiable.

Because to me if Physicalism were true than God does not exist, but I guess that would amount to trading one unfalsifiable for another? It also seems to me that while belief in God or Physicalism can be reasonable, it would still remain unfalsifiable.

It seems to me that if what you're suggesting is accurate. Then falsifiability can only apply to areas in the methodological domain, but not the ontological domain. You can only negate one ontological claim, by an opposing one it seems.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2015, 08:37 AM
(01-09-2015 01:20 PM)Ghostbuster Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 01:13 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So the title of your thread is "What evidence do you have to prove there is no god" ??? Is this your question?

No I'm looking for the theistic views. I clearly asked what evidence u got to prove the existence of God?

This forum`s name is "The Thinking Atheist" , what made you think that you will find theists here in the first place?
And even if you rightly assumed we do have some , they had to be a small minority ,and this is what makes your question a bit strange.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
02-09-2015, 10:46 AM
(02-09-2015 07:49 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I'm wondering if all ontological beliefs are unfalsifiable.

No.

(02-09-2015 07:49 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Because to me if Physicalism were true than God does not exist, but I guess that would amount to trading one unfalsifiable for another?

Materialism is falsifiable.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
02-09-2015, 10:59 AM
(02-09-2015 08:37 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 01:20 PM)Ghostbuster Wrote:  No I'm looking for the theistic views. I clearly asked what evidence u got to prove the existence of God?

This forum`s name is "The Thinking Atheist" , what made you think that you will find theists here in the first place?
And even if you rightly assumed we do have some , they had to be a small minority ,and this is what makes your question a bit strange.

I know this is An atheist forum. I just want to get the answers from theists or ex believers and I clearly mentioned it. So if you guys (theists and ex believers) got some evidence then please share. If you don't have anything to say about the thread,mother kindly please don't act strange Smile
02-09-2015, 11:01 AM
02-09-2015, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 12:47 PM by Ghostbuster.)

God cannot be proved or disproved via empirical evidence. The only forms of "evidence" that can prove God is anecdotal and faith... and these don't fall into the category of evidence... hence, there is no answer to the question. You just can't.

Sorry for mentioning your name kingschosen, and thank you Smile
02-09-2015, 12:15 PM
(02-09-2015 11:05 AM)Ghostbuster Wrote:  

Sorry for mentioning your name kingschosen, and thank you Smile

Man, if THAT's the toughest thing KC has to deal with on this board on any given day, I think he'd consider it vacation! Tongue

Laugh out load

Much love, bro.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
02-09-2015, 01:42 PM
Whadda mean, "don't act strange?" Not even possible. Tongue

My postings earlier were to express the contention that the only evidence for god is within; that it's a matter of perspective. Persuasion is essentially the only god.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-09-2015, 06:13 PM
(01-09-2015 10:57 AM)Ghostbuster Wrote:  If you guys got any evidence or example to prove the existence of God,then please come up. I'm curiously waiting for it.
First you have to know what God is/Gods are. Then we can talk about evidence.
You can't have evidence of something if you have no idea what this "something" is.
So, what God/Gods are you asking about?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
02-09-2015, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 06:19 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-09-2015 06:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 10:57 AM)Ghostbuster Wrote:  If you guys got any evidence or example to prove the existence of God,then please come up. I'm curiously waiting for it.
First you have to know what God is/Gods are. Then we can talk about evidence.
You can't have evidence of something if you have no idea what this "something" is.
So, what God/Gods are you asking about?

The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost?

#sigh