What evidence you got to prove the existence of God ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2015, 01:36 PM
RE: What evidence you got to prove the existence of God ?
(02-09-2015 09:35 PM)Ghostbuster Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 07:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  god is intelligent man, creator of many things.

How come God can be a male?!?"god is intelligent man"

what you mean "how come God can be a male?"
so, you want evidence of God/Gods. who/what God/Gods are asking about?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2015, 01:40 PM
(02-09-2015 09:46 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 09:35 PM)Ghostbuster Wrote:  How come God can be a male?!?"god is intelligent man"

G-d is not a male. G-d has no gender at all. He's only referred to as a He because of the English language's tendency to assume masculinity when the gender is unknown. In Hebrew, G-d is referred to as both male and female according to "gender" of the vocabulary and the attributes that G-d is exhibiting.

Did you watch my video?
I was talking about God of this Earth. I was talking about God Yahweh. He is Man.
I didn't talk about other gods, yet - males and females.

03-09-2015, 01:48 PM
(03-09-2015 11:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yup. Women were second class citizens and therefore, were not god-like.
that is not true. male and female are equal but with different missions/callings/responsibilities.
Male and female are created in God's image. Every Adam is created in Heavenly Father's image and likeness. Every Eve is created in Heavenly Mother's image and likeness.
(03-09-2015 11:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Man was made first--a woman was made second.
Because Adam has different mission than Eve.
(03-09-2015 11:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  God made Adam--but made Eve out of Adam.
He didn't make Eve out of Adam. Adam's rib is symbolism. It(this symbolism) has a very special meaning. Please, remember, not everything in the Scriptures has to be understood literally.
(03-09-2015 11:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  That should tell you something right there about the early biblical and cultural interpretation of women. Women were also looked at as wicked sluts who led men astray. The Bible is littered with that interpretation.
There are plenty examples of wicked men in the Scriptures.
Women are daughters of God. They are coming from noble and royal family. They have sacred missions here on Earth.

03-09-2015, 01:52 PM
(03-09-2015 11:20 AM)jennybee Wrote:  In terms of evidence for God, there is no evidence. Like none. Not one shred. Do some believers try and bend science and history and archaeology and facts and try to fit them into the Bible--yeah they do. But if you have to bend things to make them fit and/or ignore other things that don't fit--that should tell you something right there.

As a former Christian, my pastor would say that's why it's called faith...or taking a leap of faith. He also told me that of course, God isn't going to make it *easy* for us to believe--he wants us to trust in Him to take that leap.
Even if God shows up to you, you still need faith. You need faith that He is not lying to you.
faith in God = trust.

03-09-2015, 02:33 PM
(03-09-2015 01:48 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 11:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yup. Women were second class citizens and therefore, were not god-like.
that is not true. male and female are equal but with different missions/callings/responsibilities.
Male and female are created in God's image. Every Adam is created in Heavenly Father's image and likeness. Every Eve is created in Heavenly Mother's image and likeness.
(03-09-2015 11:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Man was made first--a woman was made second.
Because Adam has different mission than Eve.
(03-09-2015 11:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  God made Adam--but made Eve out of Adam.
He didn't make Eve out of Adam. Adam's rib is symbolism. It(this symbolism) has a very special meaning. Please, remember, not everything in the Scriptures has to be understood literally.
(03-09-2015 11:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  That should tell you something right there about the early biblical and cultural interpretation of women. Women were also looked at as wicked sluts who led men astray. The Bible is littered with that interpretation.
There are plenty examples of wicked men in the Scriptures.
Women are daughters of God. They are coming from noble and royal family. They have sacred missions here on Earth.

There are wicked men in Scripture--but women are painted as whores. God even refers to Israel this way in one passage.

I know about the theological symbolism of Eve being created out of the rib that some believe in--that Eve was created to be Adam's helpmate and therefore, was made from his side--so as not to be above or below him.
03-09-2015, 02:50 PM
(03-09-2015 01:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 09:35 PM)Ghostbuster Wrote:  How come God can be a male?!?"god is intelligent man"

what you mean "how come God can be a male?"

Ahem:

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image. In the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

True rendering:

Gen 1:27

The gods created humans in their own image. In the image of the gods they created male and female.

The Hebrew word of "Elohim" used in your English translation is actually plural in the Hebrew, and it means "gods."

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
03-09-2015, 02:51 PM
(03-09-2015 02:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  There are wicked men in Scripture--but women are painted as whores.
all women?
are all women painted as whores? or only whores are painted as whores?
(03-09-2015 02:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  God even refers to Israel this way in one passage.
yes, He compares Israel with whore because He wants to explain her(house of Israel) actions. Sometimes we compare politicians with whores. It doesn't mean that all women are like this.
(03-09-2015 02:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I know about the theological symbolism of Eve being created out of the rib that some believe in--that Eve was created to be Adam's helpmate and therefore, was made from his side--so as not to be above or below him.
Yes, wife is on her husband's side. They are always together side by side - equal before God but with different callings.
It has nothing to do with being above or below.

03-09-2015, 02:53 PM
(03-09-2015 02:50 PM)Free Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 01:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  what you mean "how come God can be a male?"

Ahem:

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image. In the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

True rendering:

The gods created humans in their own image. In the image of the gods they created male and female.

The Hebrew word of "Elohim" used in your English translation is actually plural in the Hebrew, and it means "gods."

Yes, there are Gods - Males and Females.

03-09-2015, 02:57 PM
(03-09-2015 02:53 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 02:50 PM)Free Wrote:  Ahem:

True rendering:

Yes, there are Gods - Males and Females.

Polytheism.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
03-09-2015, 02:59 PM
(03-09-2015 02:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 02:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  There are wicked men in Scripture--but women are painted as whores.
all women?
are all women painted as whores? or only whores are painted as whores?
(03-09-2015 02:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  God even refers to Israel this way in one passage.
yes, He compares Israel with whore because He wants to explain her(house of Israel) actions. Sometimes we compare politicians with whores. It doesn't mean that all women are like this.
(03-09-2015 02:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I know about the theological symbolism of Eve being created out of the rib that some believe in--that Eve was created to be Adam's helpmate and therefore, was made from his side--so as not to be above or below him.
Yes, wife is on her husband's side. They are always together side by side - equal before God but with different callings.
It has nothing to do with being above or below.

I didn't say *all* women--I said women.

Depending on your belief system that you were fed--it does have to do with being above a man (which is why Eve was not made out of head or neck) or below (which is why Eve was not made out of feet).