What foods do you hate that most people like

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: What foods do you hate that most people like
(06-07-2015 08:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hell I've eaten witchetty grubs, snake, just about anything.

When I was a kid I stir fried some garden variety grubs. Not sure exactly what kind they were, but they looked like little land shrimp, and they ended up tasting a lot like shrimp too. Snake I've had two very different experiences with. I had rattlesnake once in Arizona and it reminded me of tuna without the fishy taste, and was quite good. I had some other kind of random snake on the infamous Wang Fu Jing street in Beijing, and it was like eating cartilage. Not enjoyable in the slightest.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
06-07-2015, 08:51 PM
(06-07-2015 08:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I think I eat just about anything. Hell I've eaten witchetty grubs, snake, just about anything. Not a fan of avocado, but will eat it.

That's what is strange. I've had cow heart, octopus, mealworms, crickets (whole, roasted, cricket flour, cricket ice cream), plain dried squid, ostrich, alligator, and so on. But I see cauliflower and think "oh, gross!!"
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
06-07-2015, 08:54 PM
(06-07-2015 08:51 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  That's what is strange. I've had cow heart, octopus, mealworms, crickets (whole, roasted, cricket flour, cricket ice cream), plain dried squid, ostrich, alligator, and so on. But I see cauliflower and think "oh, gross!!"

Cricket ice cream? Not ice cream at the cricket?

[Image: 43c994b8d24d224028b485521fe129aef6b99e4e.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
06-07-2015, 09:17 PM
(06-07-2015 08:54 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 08:51 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  That's what is strange. I've had cow heart, octopus, mealworms, crickets (whole, roasted, cricket flour, cricket ice cream), plain dried squid, ostrich, alligator, and so on. But I see cauliflower and think "oh, gross!!"

Cricket ice cream? Not ice cream at the cricket?

[Image: 43c994b8d24d224028b485521fe129aef6b99e4e.jpg]
No one plays cricket here, so nope. Smile I used to wish they did!
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
06-07-2015, 10:05 PM
For the record, I'm enjoying a sirloin done medium rare, sauteed mushrooms, a beautiful little salad, and french bread basted in butter and herbs. Y'all haters can line up and take a swipe, ' cause I'm good to go.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
07-07-2015, 04:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2015 04:47 AM by yakherder.)
Sweets in general. Once or twice per week I might allow myself to splurge on a bowl of frosted mini wheats or something.

'Murican Canadian
07-07-2015, 04:45 AM
(06-07-2015 09:17 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  No one plays cricket here, so nope. Smile I used to wish they did!

Gad damn! That is one saaaaaaad place to live. Tongue

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-07-2015, 08:30 AM
To me, repugnance is a single word: Liver.

It's an organ who's sole function is to filter out waste and toxins.

I'd sooner eat a car's oil filter. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
07-07-2015, 08:36 AM
(07-07-2015 08:30 AM)kim Wrote:  To me, repugnance is a single word: Liver.

It's an organ who's sole function is to filter out waste and toxins.

I'd sooner eat a car's oil filter. Dodgy

Both are high in iron.................

And I'd probably go for a Purolator fillet too............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Mayonnaise or anything that contains it -- yuk
Cheese or anything that contains it -- yuk

(although I will eat pizza -- go figure)

Someone else mentioned salad dressing, sour cream, and yogurt -- me too -- don't like any of those.

Those are the biggies.

I like most vegetables, including broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and carrots -- but don't particularly care for rutabaga, and okra is disgusting.

I like most meats (that I've tried), but liver is nasty.

I like most fish, but don't particularly care for other seafood (shrimp, scallops, oysters, etc.). And I like my fish (and meat) cooked -- nothing raw for me.

I drink lots of soda (diet only, because I'm diabetic). I have 2% milk with cereal, but I don't think I could handle skim milk, and I never drink any kind of milk by itself. I have never developed a taste for either coffee or tea. I can drink alcoholic beverages (mostly beer), but could live without them. Most beers are OK with me, but Budweiser is nasty, and "Lite Beer" is an oxymoron.

Someone mentioned peanut butter. I like crunchy peanut butter, but have never cared for the "creamy" variety.

There are probably some other things, but those are the ones that come easily to mind. Yes, I'm picky. There are probably lots of things I have never tried (insects, for example) that I wouldn't like.