What foods do you hate that most people like

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2015, 04:28 PM
RE: What foods do you hate that most people like
(06-07-2015 08:54 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 08:51 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  That's what is strange. I've had cow heart, octopus, mealworms, crickets (whole, roasted, cricket flour, cricket ice cream), plain dried squid, ostrich, alligator, and so on. But I see cauliflower and think "oh, gross!!"

Cricket ice cream? Not ice cream at the cricket?

[Image: 43c994b8d24d224028b485521fe129aef6b99e4e.jpg]

I believe Chilli beer is available at Aldi..... Interesting!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2015, 08:46 AM
(07-07-2015 04:28 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 08:54 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Cricket ice cream? Not ice cream at the cricket?

[Image: 43c994b8d24d224028b485521fe129aef6b99e4e.jpg]

I believe Chilli beer is available at Aldi..... Interesting!

I have tried two different kinds of chili beer, and it is interesting. I would try it again if I can find it (you have to go to a liquor store with a big selection).

I also tried a "beer float" once (French Vanilla ice cream in Guinness), and it was surprisingly good!
08-07-2015, 05:42 PM
I hate Coke and Pepsi, but love Dr. Pepper. Also can't abide "Lite" beers, yuck. The darker and sweeter the better.
I have tried a few Chili beers and by and large I like them.

Foods I've tried that I find revolting:
Bell Peppers, any color, Celery, Beets

I will never ever try:
Liver, tripe, anchovies... that's about it.

Not generally a fan of:
Okra, most mushrooms (unless thoroughly cooked/stuffed/drowning in oil or shitake), onions cooked or raw, raw tomatoes, hot dogs, or fast food hamburgers (unless it's In N Out, then it's pretty tolerable).

I'm a CA gal so I live for Avocados, glad to see so many haters, more for me! :-D

"just an FYI: There are 2 kinds of people in the world -- those who divide everybody into 2 kinds of people & those who don't." Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes MustangManda's post
08-07-2015, 06:11 PM
Any kind of fruit juice inspired drink that's not really juice, like Sunny D or "apple juice cocktail" that's sweetened with corn syrup. Blech, it's NOT the same.

I do like Kool Aid and Gatorade, though, because they're not trying to pass themselves off as fruit juice.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
10-07-2015, 09:12 PM
Chitlins.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-07-2015, 09:42 AM
(10-07-2015 09:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Chitlins.
The smell is nauseating, even with boiling vinegar in a separate pot on the stove. That may be the one food item that makes me instantly repulsed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2015, 10:07 AM
I have never understood why that's food.
11-07-2015, 10:22 AM

When we lived in quarters on Ft. Jackson we had some new neighbors move in right before Thanksgiving. Now, Thanksgiving is the one day that I throw down with the cooking. We had invited some soldiers over to eat with us who were unable to go home for the holiday. I got up real early to start preparations.

I went downstairs into the kitchen and smelled the worst thing I had ever smelled in my life. I started searching everywhere to see what was going on. I was pulling things out of the cupboards and drawers looking to see if something had died. I had my husband pull the fridge out from the wall so we could check to see if something was dead back there. Finding nothing but the smell getting worse had me at my wit's end.

The new neighbors were obviously having people over too as the parking lot was filling up and a steady stream of people were heading into their quarters. Finally I went and got another neighbor to help me solve the mystery of the funky smell. She came in and laughed - it was chitlins being cooked next door. I had never experienced the wonder that is chitlins. Since our kitchens were back to back the smell permeated our quarters and pretty much ruined our Thanksgiving experience.

Anything that smells like that should not be eaten - never - no way. Finding out what the hell they are made it even worse.

BLECH!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
11-07-2015, 02:25 PM

I wasn't aware chitlins was a food most people liked... Even my step-grandfather whose wardrobe consists of the overalls found in the HeeHaw video I posted doesn't eat chitlins.

Rainbow Vomit

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
11-07-2015, 02:32 PM
I didn't mind chitlins when I had it, though I sure as hell wouldn't go out of my way for it.

I think the only thing I've ever eaten that I truly thought was disgusting was chou doufu (directly translated as stinky tofu, which is quite accurate) in Hangzhou. It's basically tofu that's traditionally fermented in shrimp brine or something, and it smells so bad you have to roll up your window if you're driving past a chou doufu vendor on the street. The first time I tried it I was able to get it down, but about 10 minutes later it came back up. That said, I tried it again a different time in Shanghai and found it to be less stinky than the Hangzhou version, and little by little it started to grow on me until I was even able to go back and enjoy the Hangzhou version as well. Taiwan makes it best, though, out of the places I've tried. There's a vegetarian chain of restaurants called the Loving Hut, and the one in Kaohsiung makes some phenomenal stinky tofu.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post