What foods do you hate that most people like

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2015, 03:44 PM
RE: What foods do you hate that most people like
Bagels, probably the single reason america is so fat. It is a big heavy fat bomb smothered in cream cheese *gag*.....and I hate black licorice....or anything that tastes like it, like.......yaegermeister (or however that is spelled) black licorce or black jelly beans taste like gasoline was drizzled down shrek's butt crack and then jellified....gross. Unsure

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
12-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Surprised at the hatred of liver on here!
Although, being from northern england, offal is not uncommon on the dinner plate.
Liver & Bacon in onion gravy, steak and kidney pie, stuffed lambs heart are all favs of mine! Big Grin

There's not much I don't like thh.

English Tea, my mum drinks gallons of it, but it knocks me sick (how un-british of me ). Iced lemon tea is good though Smile

Pineapple on pizza is an affront to nature, as is cranberry sauce on turkey.
Redcurrant sauce on venison is good with me though Laugh out load

And, sorry America, corn-dogs... Just wrong on every level.

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 2 users Like LostLegend's post
12-07-2015, 05:53 PM
I never understood how people can eat bitter things.

Dark chocolate, most types of coffee, arugula, beer, bitter olives, I can't stand any of these. They all leave such a strong aftertaste in my mouth that it's hard to taste anything else.

Also all those slimy things like mushrooms, shellfish and cooked cabbage or spinach. Slime slime slime.

And since it was mentioned, all sweets and pastries in America where just too sweet for me (and I can't believe they've convinced people that that Hershey's shit is real chocolate) but I'm a sucker for syrup-based pastries like baklava, and even though it's really sweet, it's not meant to be consumed in huge portions and it's definitely not as sickening as putting plain butter and sugar right into your mouth.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
12-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Pancakes

These things turn to paste in my mouth and I can't even swallow them unless I practically drink syrup. Then they sit like a rock in my stomach leaving me bloated an lethargic for the rest of the day.

I hate pancakes. Angry

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
12-07-2015, 07:22 PM
(12-07-2015 06:28 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Pancakes

These things turn to paste in my mouth and I can't even swallow them unless I practically drink syrup. Then they sit like a rock in my stomach leaving me bloated an lethargic for the rest of the day.

I hate pancakes. Angry

Just containers for whatever condiments you put on them. I can do blueberry buckwheat pancakes with a mass of peanut butter on top and just enough maple to make it edible.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
12-07-2015, 08:04 PM
(12-07-2015 03:10 PM)LostLegend Wrote:  Surprised at the hatred of liver on here!
Though my above mentioned meat situation has resulted in me not exactly having much liver lately, I've always found it quite tasty.

(12-07-2015 03:10 PM)LostLegend Wrote:  Pineapple on pizza is an affront to nature
Not with you on this one, though Tongue The perfect pizza is triple pineapple with double extra cheese.

'Murican Canadian
12-07-2015, 08:05 PM
(11-07-2015 02:32 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I didn't mind chitlins when I had it, though I sure as hell wouldn't go out of my way for it.

I think the only thing I've ever eaten that I truly thought was disgusting was chou doufu (directly translated as stinky tofu, which is quite accurate) in Hangzhou. It's basically tofu that's traditionally fermented in shrimp brine or something, and it smells so bad you have to roll up your window if you're driving past a chou doufu vendor on the street. The first time I tried it I was able to get it down, but about 10 minutes later it came back up. That said, I tried it again a different time in Shanghai and found it to be less stinky than the Hangzhou version, and little by little it started to grow on me until I was even able to go back and enjoy the Hangzhou version as well. Taiwan makes it best, though, out of the places I've tried. There's a vegetarian chain of restaurants called the Loving Hut, and the one in Kaohsiung makes some phenomenal stinky tofu.

I'm vegan and I don't know if I'd even eat that Tongue (especially not with the shrimp brine!)

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-07-2015, 08:11 PM
(12-07-2015 08:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-07-2015 02:32 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I didn't mind chitlins when I had it, though I sure as hell wouldn't go out of my way for it.

I think the only thing I've ever eaten that I truly thought was disgusting was chou doufu (directly translated as stinky tofu, which is quite accurate) in Hangzhou. It's basically tofu that's traditionally fermented in shrimp brine or something, and it smells so bad you have to roll up your window if you're driving past a chou doufu vendor on the street. The first time I tried it I was able to get it down, but about 10 minutes later it came back up. That said, I tried it again a different time in Shanghai and found it to be less stinky than the Hangzhou version, and little by little it started to grow on me until I was even able to go back and enjoy the Hangzhou version as well. Taiwan makes it best, though, out of the places I've tried. There's a vegetarian chain of restaurants called the Loving Hut, and the one in Kaohsiung makes some phenomenal stinky tofu.

I'm vegan and I don't know if I'd even eat that Tongue (especially not with the shrimp brine!)

It sure isn't for everyone. The vegan version was definitely my favorite. Actually Taiwan as a whole is pretty much a vegetarian paradise.. I swear there's a veg*n restaurant on every street corner, so I guess there are upsides to having a bunch of overpaid Buddhist monks all over the place. There's this one vegetarian buffet in Kaohsiung, and I've honestly considered flying back just to have their pumpkin soup again.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
12-07-2015, 08:15 PM
(12-07-2015 08:11 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 08:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm vegan and I don't know if I'd even eat that Tongue (especially not with the shrimp brine!)

It sure isn't for everyone. The vegan version was definitely my favorite. Actually Taiwan as a whole is pretty much a vegetarian paradise.. I swear there's a veg*n restaurant on every street corner, so I guess there are upsides to having a bunch of overpaid Buddhist monks all over the place. There's this one vegetarian buffet in Kaohsiung, and I've honestly considered flying back just to have their pumpkin soup again.

The pumpkin soup sounds really good. Drooling

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-07-2015, 09:16 PM
(12-07-2015 05:53 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I never understood how people can eat bitter things.

Dark chocolate, most types of coffee, arugula, beer, bitter olives, I can't stand any of these. They all leave such a strong aftertaste in my mouth that it's hard to taste anything else.

The joy of a Greek salad with feta, olives, and spinach in the mix, you don't get it?! Yikes.

(12-07-2015 05:53 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Also all those slimy things like mushrooms, shellfish and cooked cabbage or spinach. Slime slime slime.

I agree that a slimy texture is disgusting ... I'd add raw avocado to this list most times, although occasionally I enjoy the taste. But I've gotta say, if your mushrooms are slimy, they either haven't been cooked right, or they're far too old to eat. Even in a stir-fry with plenty of oil, while the outside of the 'shroom might be wet -- but not slimy -- the inside is actually dry. It's all about adding ingredients at the right time of cooking.

I love raw tomatoes, but I won't eat them cooked unless they're added thirty seconds before the burner is killed.