What gender?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2016, 12:56 AM
RE: What gender?
They are limiting, unfair, stereotypical , restricting, offensive and underestimating.

Men and women are not similar. Nature made that much clear. But that doesnt mean that one is superior over the other or they shouldnt get equal opportunities.

How lucky Adam was.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2016, 04:28 AM
(26-04-2012 03:37 PM)Leela Wrote:  Gender has always been interesting for me, and I am not talking about sexual organs.
I grew up in Germany > two official and accepted genders that are male and female
So that is the same in many countries.
And although I have been born with female genetalia I have never felt like a girl. So as a child, when I only had a picture of boy and girl, I wanted to be a boy. I played with boys a lot more, although I do have a female side, it just never showed a lot.
This mindset has not changed a lot. I still don't feel like a text book woman. Not at all! But of course I grew up and with me, my likes and dislikes.
I still like a lot of guy things like camping, knives, swords, revolvers, bikes, building stuff
But I do like a few girly things as well, painting, crafting, baking

For a long time this was really confusing for me.
I thought I wasn't normal, I wasn't behaving as I should as a girl, I hated a lot of girly things (make up, chit chat, teen stars, giggling over nothing...) and for that I had few girls as friends
But I also had few guys as friends because I did not like cars, soccer, showing off scars, or what not.
So at some point I though the only word that fits for me is asexual because this was the closest I got. although I liked sex... sounds weird... but yeah, that was the only thing that I thought could fit for me. of course I know now that i am not asexual and that this box is a completely different one that has nothing to do with gender / or at least not directly

Right now I am in a phase where I just say, I am who I am, and who cares if it has a name.
but
I am still curios if there is a "box" I fit in.
So I start researching.
So I read that Russia and Indonesia has 5 genders, I read that native americans from the pacific north west have 8 genders. And still out of all of these I find nothing that fits me...

i stumble across lacygreen's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sHBAVjah...ure=relmfu
i stumble across a blog: http://www.myhusbandbetty.com/2009/07/09...e-genders/
and many more things.

dunno...
input?

You and I have talked about this, Leela, and I've been thinking about it a lot...I have to say I came to the same basic conclusion as the second poster, who was banned...(bad sign? Facepalm ) What activities you enjoy are not inherently male and female, those are dictated by the society you grew up in. I'm not sure I buy into the 5 gender thing...I have nothing against it, I'm just not sure they are necessary. If there is anything 5 decades has taught me about life, it's "Keep it simple!"
I'm a metalhead...but I don't buy into all of the wacky sub genres that have been created. It's all heavy metal, some I like, some I love, some I hate. That's it.

I can say that, in talking to you, you sound like a very cool girl to me. (I hope that doesn't sound like a bad thing...it isn't meant that way, certainly!) But by girl I don't mean an inferior person who is less capable or less intelligent or less "ready to rock!" or less..anything, except penis-owning. I'm wondering if perhaps some of your feelings come from the way females are sometimes called "The weaker sex?" I'm German as well, and spent summers in Germany growing up, and I would consider the culture very man-oriented, as in most places...although it is changing, finally.

I met my wife while flying in Alaska. She is a woman in the bedroom, no doubt Drooling
But otherwise...she's is an extreme "tomboy". She would MUCH rather be out helping me fix a fence than cooking dinner or cleaning house or trying on dresses! Yet to me...she's all woman and then some. She just doesn't let society define her.

Bowing Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
24-08-2016, 02:23 PM
I don't think there's that much of a difference between men and women, as concernes one's wants and activities.

You figure out you, no one else can tell you who you are. If you feel like you're really a man, that's ok, just keep in mind that you might just be a woman who doesn't fit the stereotype - which can be a good thing, certainly.
24-08-2016, 05:50 PM
Obviously I posted the OP 4 years ago or did someone dig this out? *looks at the dark one*
Interesting to look back on this and seeing that only small details have changed in my opinion but over all it is still the same.
The reason that I posted it back then was that I was wondering, finding myself, trying to learn more.
I think that process will never be over, but over all I think I found my place and with my recent coming out and my husband standing behind me 100% to finally be myself not only at home, I feel more confident.
I am fortunate that my husband is very supportive and my work place is generally accepting. So I probably have it easier than other people who are planning a big change like this.

By looks, I am still female and it will probably not change, and by brain I am still mostly male and that too will probably never change (apart from whenever I may get pregnant because hormones and shit). This statement is based on the current idea of two genders and my place on that "gender scale". Yes I still have some "girl things" that I like but I completely stopped trying on many levels. And honestly at this point I am clear for myself that all I really want in life is happiness. Be as happy as possible for as long as possible.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
27-08-2016, 03:26 AM
Quote: *looks at the dark one*

Don't look at me, choosypal got this train a-rollin' again, I just hopped on because I'm too lazy to walk.....

AngelEvil_monsterAngel

Quote:Be as happy as possible for as long as possible

Damned right! That's the only way to live! Heart
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
14-09-2016, 09:14 PM
I am personally a transgender male. I have my likes and dislikes which are both masculine and feminine. It's just who I am.
[+] 1 user Likes As-Is-I's post