What gender?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2012, 02:16 AM
RE: What gender?
Yeah, you are (or were) confusing your gender with your sexual orientation. "The gender" is defined by the apparatus between your legs, your feeling, sex orientation and hobbies have nothing to do with the gender. It is not "boxing" people into boxes, it is just one of the various classifications we have, like names, date of birth, city, address, nationality, ethnicity...

I love girls like you, I am only sorry you are so extremely hard to find, most of the people with your gender like stupid things that annoy me. The only girl friends I have are pretty similar to you. You fall into the most prized category of women, women who understand man, at least a part of it.

If you were not attracted to man, but women only and you changed your gender by surgery and legal papers, then you have changed your gender. People like me will always consider you to be a woman first, but a woman that has changed her gender. No hard feelings there, just plain old truth.

Anyone care to elaborate how can we have 6, or 8 genders when we can be male, female or hermaphrodite. So that would make 3 genders, as there are in nature.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2012, 02:47 AM
I can totally identify with your post, Leela Smile

I have always preferred the company of men as they tend not to gossip or talk 'girlie' stuff.

I grew up with males (my mother died when I was 10 years old) and played with my brother's toys more than I did with dolls etc...
I played a lot of sports in my youth (although I don't like watching them) and I love cars more than any girl I know.
My best mate is a guy, although I do have a couple of girl friends that are quite similar to myself.

I do, however, wear make-up (not a great deal) and paint my nails Smile

I have always been called a 'tomboy' and it's a label I don't mind wearing at all.
I tend to keep away from girls/women with high-pitched whiny voices, who watch soap operas and/or constantly 'small talk' as they drive me nuts.

Good post, Leela Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 3 users Like aurora's post
27-04-2012, 07:09 AM
(27-04-2012 02:16 AM)Filox Wrote:  Yeah, you are (or were) confusing your gender with your sexual orientation. "The gender" is defined by the apparatus between your legs, your feeling, sex orientation and hobbies have nothing to do with the gender. It is not "boxing" people into boxes, it is just one of the various classifications we have, like names, date of birth, city, address, nationality, ethnicity...

I love girls like you, I am only sorry you are so extremely hard to find, most of the people with your gender like stupid things that annoy me. The only girl friends I have are pretty similar to you. You fall into the most prized category of women, women who understand man, at least a part of it.

If you were not attracted to man, but women only and you changed your gender by surgery and legal papers, then you have changed your gender. People like me will always consider you to be a woman first, but a woman that has changed her gender. No hard feelings there, just plain old truth.

Anyone care to elaborate how can we have 6, or 8 genders when we can be male, female or hermaphrodite. So that would make 3 genders, as there are in nature.
actually what you call gender (the biological aspect) is called sex now, gender is a cultural construct usually a
related to the sex of the person, (vagina=women, penis=men) that's why it causes so much problems, here's a picture for clarification:

[Image: PaYCJ.jpg]

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 4 users Like nach_in's post
27-04-2012, 07:43 AM
It all becomes confusing... It was much more simple when it was just MAN - WOMAN. Now my brain hurts...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
27-04-2012, 08:51 AM
(27-04-2012 07:43 AM)Filox Wrote:  It all becomes confusing... It was much more simple when it was just MAN - WOMAN. Now my brain hurts...

Big Grin
I know, but is all for the greater good, you know, getting laid with whoever you want and stuff Wink

[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
27-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Transsexual is a gender? Guess it was maybe just a small slip Nach In =p Transsexuals only ever change their sex their gender just happens to not conform the way most expect. Nice chart, I like tools like that it's a lot easier to explain than with words.

Many women have the issues you have with their gender Leela, often enough they just force themselves into the habits they originally disliked. Nothing wrong with being yourself. Tanssexuals get it worse because they are really stuffed into the box. As a teenager finally vocalizing my womanhood with my family I had constant denouncements about the things that made me not a woman. Every suggested reason I was not a woman I could see countless examples of women that didn't follow. Most M-Fs seem overly feminine because they are convinced it's the only way to live as a woman rather than be accused of being a man. F-Ms don't have that issue, being a man is just so much simpler in most countries. Transsexuals also are actually sometimes policed in their gender expression. Plenty of therapists require proper gendered behaviors in order to gain the OKs for advancement in the process.

The basic thing to remember is that individuality is the primary trait you have to worry about. As the earlier chart suggests there's a seriously complex web of how people integratesince each part is a line graph and has countless points not simply a few. Nowadays many cultures are starting to give girls more of the freedoms boys have had for quite some time, while often failing to give boys the same regard. But exploration is becoming more a common thing and people are more able to embrace their indivduality.

Be glad that you didn't force yourself into the stereotype. It's severely psychologically damaging to force yourself into habits you have no interest in. You can obviously convince yourself that you like things you didn't before, but it's something that really limits you in the long run in many areas of growth. The gender roles of most "first world" societies are very limiting and often become chains that bind countless numbers of truly remarkable people.

I'm a bit of a gender activist though since I spent my life trying to understand it and never have really =p I always force my way in to prove that there's other options. Everyone wants a box. There are plenty of transsexuals with boxes, gays with boxes, etc. Culture will always try for a box, but in some way we either have to create the best box or just constantly inform each individual that there is more than their box. Gender is one of the most confusing things about sexual creatures so I'd say if you can be fine not looking too hard into it be happy ~_^

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 2 users Like Lilith Pride's post
27-04-2012, 11:03 AM
(27-04-2012 09:30 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Transsexual is a gender? Guess it was maybe just a small slip Nach In =p Transsexuals only ever change their sex their gender just happens to not conform the way most expect. Nice chart, I like tools like that it's a lot easier to explain than with words.

Many women have the issues you have with their gender Leela, often enough they just force themselves into the habits they originally disliked. Nothing wrong with being yourself. Tanssexuals get it worse because they are really stuffed into the box. As a teenager finally vocalizing my womanhood with my family I had constant denouncements about the things that made me not a woman. Every suggested reason I was not a woman I could see countless examples of women that didn't follow. Most M-Fs seem overly feminine because they are convinced it's the only way to live as a woman rather than be accused of being a man. F-Ms don't have that issue, being a man is just so much simpler in most countries. Transsexuals also are actually sometimes policed in their gender expression. Plenty of therapists require proper gendered behaviors in order to gain the OKs for advancement in the process.

The basic thing to remember is that individuality is the primary trait you have to worry about. As the earlier chart suggests there's a seriously complex web of how people integratesince each part is a line graph and has countless points not simply a few. Nowadays many cultures are starting to give girls more of the freedoms boys have had for quite some time, while often failing to give boys the same regard. But exploration is becoming more a common thing and people are more able to embrace their indivduality.

Be glad that you didn't force yourself into the stereotype. It's severely psychologically damaging to force yourself into habits you have no interest in. You can obviously convince yourself that you like things you didn't before, but it's something that really limits you in the long run in many areas of growth. The gender roles of most "first world" societies are very limiting and often become chains that bind countless numbers of truly remarkable people.

I'm a bit of a gender activist though since I spent my life trying to understand it and never have really =p I always force my way in to prove that there's other options. Everyone wants a box. There are plenty of transsexuals with boxes, gays with boxes, etc. Culture will always try for a box, but in some way we either have to create the best box or just constantly inform each individual that there is more than their box. Gender is one of the most confusing things about sexual creatures so I'd say if you can be fine not looking too hard into it be happy ~_^
I said transgender no transsexual, some are also transsexual, is either that or I'll fail a class Tongue

27-04-2012, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2012 02:15 PM by kim.)
Heart And now our musical interlude. Heart

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
27-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Transgender is actually a super confusing term as it combines all people with non normative-genders from feminine males to F-Ms. That term has caused more of an uproar in the community than anything prior =p Ah the LGBT community always looking for the correct labels.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
27-04-2012, 12:33 PM
(27-04-2012 11:53 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Transgender is actually a super confusing term as it combines all people with non normative-genders from feminine males to F-Ms. That term has caused more of an uproar in the community than anything prior =p Ah the LGBT community always looking for the correct labels.
there's nothing as amusing as people fighting against labels by labelling themselves Tongue