What gender?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2012, 05:57 PM
RE: What gender?
Unfortunately that's half of what LGBT activists do <,<
The community rarely acts on anything prior to renaming it 12 times.
This is why it always seems like you're alone in a project, you pretty much are.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2012, 12:50 AM
You are who you are, as a male I like reading, baking and other “girly” things while my wife is happy to terrorise the neighbourhood on her motorbike and hammer nails into walls.
You should meet our offspring!
Do what you enjoy doing and being who you enjoy being.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Karl's post
28-04-2012, 04:35 AM
It is so nice and refreshing to read all that Smile

Yes, I like being who I am without acting 'as if'.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
28-04-2012, 11:23 AM
(28-04-2012 04:35 AM)Leela Wrote:  It is so nice and refreshing to read all that Smile

Plus, don't forget, you're hawt.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
28-04-2012, 03:57 PM
(28-04-2012 12:50 AM)Karl Wrote:  You are who you are, as a male I like reading, baking and other “girly” things while my wife is happy to terrorise the neighbourhood on her motorbike and hammer nails into walls.

Sounds like me and ManlyGirl. How 'bout gardening, embroidery, and sewing? Girly used to be into those back in the day. I'm gonna call you GirlyKarl from now on. Big Grin

(28-04-2012 12:50 AM)Karl Wrote:  Do what you enjoy doing and being who you enjoy being.

I mean, what else you gonna do and be? Wink

#sigh
28-04-2012, 10:02 PM
(28-04-2012 03:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 12:50 AM)Karl Wrote:  You are who you are, as a male I like reading, baking and other “girly” things while my wife is happy to terrorise the neighbourhood on her motorbike and hammer nails into walls.

Sounds like me and ManlyGirl. How 'bout gardening, embroidery, and sewing? Girly used to be into those back in the day. I'm gonna call you GirlyKarl from now on. Big Grin

(28-04-2012 12:50 AM)Karl Wrote:  Do what you enjoy doing and being who you enjoy being.

GirlyKarl?

Why I’ll slap you with my handbag I will!!!

Gardening, Well I like my little garden but I’m not too good at it, sewing is a handy skill to have and everyone should be able to sew a button on.

Embroidery though… Not my cup of tea, no artistic talent I’m afraid.

You just have to be who you are, why would you go through your life being someone else’s image of who you should be?

It’s kinda the whole self aware thing isn’t it? If your being someone your not for others, are you you, or are you a shadow of their expectations and only exist because they do?

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
28-04-2012, 10:31 PM
(28-04-2012 10:02 PM)Karl Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 03:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sounds like me and ManlyGirl. How 'bout gardening, embroidery, and sewing? Girly used to be into those back in the day. I'm gonna call you GirlyKarl from now on. Big Grin

GirlyKarl?

Why I’ll slap you with my handbag I will!!!

Gardening, Well I like my little garden but I’m not too good at it, sewing is a handy skill to have and everyone should be able to sew a button on.

Embroidery though… Not my cup of tea, no artistic talent I’m afraid.

You just have to be who you are, why would you go through your life being someone else’s image of who you should be?

It’s kinda the whole self aware thing isn’t it? If your being someone your not for others, are you you, or are you a shadow of their expectations and only exist because they do?

You GirlyKarl. Wink

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-04-2012, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2012 08:43 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
(28-04-2012 04:35 AM)Leela Wrote:  It is so nice and refreshing to read all that Smile

Just remember, the world would be such a better place if you ladies would just put out more.
Don't live by ridiculous social standards and norms. There is no need to hold an aspirin between your knees.
30-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Seems to me that various societies and religions as well physical traits set the standards for what is supposed to be typically male behaviors or female behaviors. It's become quite ingrained.

If you watch the commercials that run during child-oriented programming (which I luckily don't have to watch any more) you see how young these thought processes start. Dolls and toy kitchens are generally shown with girls and toy trucks and action figures are shown with boys.

When I had my kids, we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl before the birth...it was a surprise. Pink was the color for girls and blue for boys. Since you didn't know what you were having, they offered yellow and mint green as neutral colors to get you through till you buy the 'right' colors. Now parents know well beforehand and the baby's room in usually decorated very specifically toward the sex of the child. It starts prenatally now.

So, those of us girls that climbed trees and liked to play baseball or fish were labels as Tomboys, whereas boys that didn't like guns, and frogs, and tools, and sports were called sensitive or sissy.

I loved going fishing with one grandmother and the other grandfather. Helping shovel manure and driving the tractor with the other grandfather was a great time for me. I have always loved electronic gadgets and have pretty good mechanical aptitude. I really don't like to cook and do only because people fuss if I go too many days without whipping up a meal. I DO NOT like babies and little kids...I don't ooohhh and aaahhh over them. I can sew up a storm...both machine and by hand. Lifetime Network makes me break out in a rash but I love watching pro football. Because my hands are small, I am often put to work reaching hard to reach things that my husband is working on in the house or on a car. Luckily, I have a clue as to what's going on when called to action. My favorite part of my Army training was shooting the M-16.

I dress mainly in jeans and Ts, wear minimal makeup-getting old, need to do a little something. My hair is always cut in an easy style because I am hair-impaired...I did not get that gene, my sister did. I wear only a wedding ring, no other jewelry. But I get my nails done. It kind of doesn't fit the rest of my appearance but I like it cause my natural nails are crappy due in part to thyroid issues.

I think it's sad that little boys and girls are still herded toward one behavior or the other and discouraged from doing what they like instead of what they are 'supposed' to like.

Be who you are not who you, or someone else, thinks you should be.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Leela, I just sadly sold my moped because it's over 50cc ,which means I can't ride the streets without a bike licence that I don't have. The mom's in my daughters school think I am weird and crazy- who cares! Big Grin

You are gender Leela, the one and only! And, DAMN! Big Grin Big Grin