What gender?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2012, 09:50 PM
RE: What gender?
(30-04-2012 09:29 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Leela, I just sadly sold my moped because it's over 50cc ,which means I can't ride the streets without a bike licence that I don't have. The mom's in my daughters school think I am weird and crazy- who cares! Big Grin

You are gender Leela, the one and only! And, DAMN! Big Grin Big Grin
That's going a bit far, so far it doesn't even make sense anymore.
You can be you, without taking the word gender out of the dictionary and taking a shit on it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Can't quote right now MJ, but what goes to far is your literal self that can never lighten up. Waa waa waaaaa.
30-04-2012, 10:17 PM
You are either male, female, transsexual, or an hermaphrodite.

Your genitals place in you in one of those 4 categories.
If you don't like that, then that's just tough shit. As another poster pointed out, you can make up a new category and place yourself and others inside of that, but you are just trying to escape a label by labeling yourself something else. Doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense really.

You can be whoever you are within those categories.
01-05-2012, 12:42 PM
(30-04-2012 10:17 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  You are either male, female, transsexual, or an hermaphrodite.

Your genitals place in you in one of those 4 categories.
If you don't like that, then that's just tough shit. As another poster pointed out, you can make up a new category and place yourself and others inside of that, but you are just trying to escape a label by labeling yourself something else. Doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense really.

You can be whoever you are within those categories.
I said in my first post, that I am not talking about the sex of a person but about the gender.
Sadly, sex and gender get confused a lot, as you just proved.
Did you know that there is a whole huge section on gender when you work in a pedagogic environment and how much, at least in German state regulated places, staff tries to work against the gender roles that are displayed in the media?
Sex are the genitals, gender is the behavior, that society sees/wants to see from people with a certain sex. And sorry, but I find it stupid to put roles on people based on their sex.

I know about the russian genders. There are five.
1. Born with female genitals and feeling female
2. Born with male genitals and feeling male
3. Born with female genitals and feeling male
4. Born with male genitals and feeling female
5. Born with any genitals and not feeling male or female

So on a russian scale I would count myself into the fifth category.
In the USA I would be considered a tomboy.
I see by now, that there are labels that fit, and that is what I wanted to find out.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
02-05-2012, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2012 07:44 AM by Filox.)
You and your labels, you only complicate things. Leela, you say you do not know what label fits you, why not just call yourself a woman, if that is the sex you have (between your legs), and then act and live whatever way you like. If you are speaking with someone like me here, over the Internet, so I can't see or hear you, do you think you have to write a novel about what you are biologically, and how you really feel, if I were to ask you are you man or a woman? Or is it normal for you to just write "woman", and then if we ever meet, we can talk about how you really feel, what you really want and so on...

People tend to say they do not want to be labeled and put into a box, yet they find it necessary to invent some new labels and then pretend that is not "putting in the box". You all think too much.

Mr. Garrison from South Park had a great life experience with his sex and gender... First he was a male, with a puppet on his hand (Mr. Hand). Then he decided that he is gay, so he came out, very aggressively as well. Then he did not like that he is a man (because all man are pigs!), so he changed his sex and then we had Mrs. Garrison in the show. But when he changed sex, he wasn't gay anymore, or rather, he didn't like man anymore, not even his gay boyfriend Mr. Slave. So he went full gay and became a lesbian. That did not last long, so he decided that since he now (again) loves women, not man, that he was wrong all this time and that he wants to be a normal man (hetero) again. Then a crazy scientists grew his penis on the back of a mouse, so Mrs. Garrison became Mr. Garrison again.

Big Grin

So be careful of your thoughts people, the pressure and your surroundings can confuse you more than you are confused yourself. The less you think about these things, the easier it will all be.

P.S.

I googled "tomboy" and I find this kind of thinking stupid, sorry Leela. If you are a tomboy, why do you think that your gender should be the fifth one on a Russian scale? That could be true, if your sexual preferences include hetero and homo relationships, but if you only don't wear girly clothes and you like to watch football, that does not make you of a different gender, that makes you a normal girl. Stop letting other people label the label with a sublabel, for Christs sake! You only confuse yourself and the people around you, like Mr. Garrison did.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
02-05-2012, 10:08 PM
(30-04-2012 09:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Seems to me that various societies and religions as well physical traits set the standards for what is supposed to be typically male behaviors or female behaviors. It's become quite ingrained.

If you watch the commercials that run during child-oriented programming (which I luckily don't have to watch any more) you see how young these thought processes start. Dolls and toy kitchens are generally shown with girls and toy trucks and action figures are shown with boys.

When I had my kids, we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl before the birth...it was a surprise. Pink was the color for girls and blue for boys. Since you didn't know what you were having, they offered yellow and mint green as neutral colors to get you through till you buy the 'right' colors. Now parents know well beforehand and the baby's room in usually decorated very specifically toward the sex of the child. It starts prenatally now.

So, those of us girls that climbed trees and liked to play baseball or fish were labels as Tomboys, whereas boys that didn't like guns, and frogs, and tools, and sports were called sensitive or sissy.

I loved going fishing with one grandmother and the other grandfather. Helping shovel manure and driving the tractor with the other grandfather was a great time for me. I have always loved electronic gadgets and have pretty good mechanical aptitude. I really don't like to cook and do only because people fuss if I go too many days without whipping up a meal. I DO NOT like babies and little kids...I don't ooohhh and aaahhh over them. I can sew up a storm...both machine and by hand. Lifetime Network makes me break out in a rash but I love watching pro football. Because my hands are small, I am often put to work reaching hard to reach things that my husband is working on in the house or on a car. Luckily, I have a clue as to what's going on when called to action. My favorite part of my Army training was shooting the M-16.

I dress mainly in jeans and Ts, wear minimal makeup-getting old, need to do a little something. My hair is always cut in an easy style because I am hair-impaired...I did not get that gene, my sister did. I wear only a wedding ring, no other jewelry. But I get my nails done. It kind of doesn't fit the rest of my appearance but I like it cause my natural nails are crappy due in part to thyroid issues.

I think it's sad that little boys and girls are still herded toward one behavior or the other and discouraged from doing what they like instead of what they are 'supposed' to like.

Be who you are not who you, or someone else, thinks you should be.

You ManlyAngie.

The nice thing about hormone replacement therapy is that I can choose to be girly or manly with a day's notice. Thumbsup

#sigh
02-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Transsexual is not a sex, or a gender. it's a placemarker for someone in between and can be a suplement. Both things are not the actual reference point. A male sexed person who wants to be female is female gendered, after surgery they are considered female sex and gender. At no point are you actually transsexually gendered. The term Transgender really confused that since the other forms of transgenderism are more about gender. The simple fact though is that a transsexual is technically more the cookie cutter than the rest of the transgender umbrella since all they are planning to do is fit the right mold not branch out on their own.

And leela can be gender leela since I'm Lilith sexed =p Intersexed people are so vastly different it's pretty uncommon to run into someone with the same biological mish-mash

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
02-05-2012, 10:48 PM
(02-05-2012 10:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-04-2012 09:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Seems to me that various societies and religions as well physical traits set the standards for what is supposed to be typically male behaviors or female behaviors. It's become quite ingrained.

If you watch the commercials that run during child-oriented programming (which I luckily don't have to watch any more) you see how young these thought processes start. Dolls and toy kitchens are generally shown with girls and toy trucks and action figures are shown with boys.

When I had my kids, we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl before the birth...it was a surprise. Pink was the color for girls and blue for boys. Since you didn't know what you were having, they offered yellow and mint green as neutral colors to get you through till you buy the 'right' colors. Now parents know well beforehand and the baby's room in usually decorated very specifically toward the sex of the child. It starts prenatally now.

So, those of us girls that climbed trees and liked to play baseball or fish were labels as Tomboys, whereas boys that didn't like guns, and frogs, and tools, and sports were called sensitive or sissy.

I loved going fishing with one grandmother and the other grandfather. Helping shovel manure and driving the tractor with the other grandfather was a great time for me. I have always loved electronic gadgets and have pretty good mechanical aptitude. I really don't like to cook and do only because people fuss if I go too many days without whipping up a meal. I DO NOT like babies and little kids...I don't ooohhh and aaahhh over them. I can sew up a storm...both machine and by hand. Lifetime Network makes me break out in a rash but I love watching pro football. Because my hands are small, I am often put to work reaching hard to reach things that my husband is working on in the house or on a car. Luckily, I have a clue as to what's going on when called to action. My favorite part of my Army training was shooting the M-16.

I dress mainly in jeans and Ts, wear minimal makeup-getting old, need to do a little something. My hair is always cut in an easy style because I am hair-impaired...I did not get that gene, my sister did. I wear only a wedding ring, no other jewelry. But I get my nails done. It kind of doesn't fit the rest of my appearance but I like it cause my natural nails are crappy due in part to thyroid issues.

I think it's sad that little boys and girls are still herded toward one behavior or the other and discouraged from doing what they like instead of what they are 'supposed' to like.

Be who you are not who you, or someone else, thinks you should be.

You ManlyAngie.

The nice thing about hormone replacement therapy is that I can choose to be girly or manly with a day's notice. Thumbsup
Can't do it Girly...the breast cancer issues means no extra hormones for me...I have to be happy where I am. But it is nice that you can be so flexible...better living through chemistry.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
02-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Breast cancer is so much less of an issue for the average woman than menopause. You start taking T and you will hit it no question. Breast cancer is only a small up in the percentage. Menopause is definitely something I'd like to be less aware of under 30 =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
02-05-2012, 10:55 PM
(02-05-2012 10:54 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Breast cancer is so much less of an issue for the average woman than menopause. You start taking T and you will hit it no question. Breast cancer is only a small up in the percentage. Menopause is definitely something I'd like to be less aware of under 30 =p
Lilith, I am a breast cancer patient. So it's a no go for me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF