What gender?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2012, 11:51 PM
RE: What gender?
Definitely makes sense. I was just putting forward a counter opinion to the comon view that taking hormones is a huge risk for breast cancer. It's about as awkward as how little evidence there is on transsexuals and breast care.
Hope everything is ok for you at the moment.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2012, 01:34 AM
(02-05-2012 07:39 AM)Filox Wrote:  You and your labels, you only complicate things. Leela, you say you do not know what label fits you, why not just call yourself a woman, if that is the sex you have (between your legs), and then act and live whatever way you like. If you are speaking with someone like me here, over the Internet, so I can't see or hear you, do you think you have to write a novel about what you are biologically, and how you really feel, if I were to ask you are you man or a woman? Or is it normal for you to just write "woman", and then if we ever meet, we can talk about how you really feel, what you really want and so on...

People tend to say they do not want to be labeled and put into a box, yet they find it necessary to invent some new labels and then pretend that is not "putting in the box". You all think too much.

Mr. Garrison from South Park had a great life experience with his sex and gender... First he was a male, with a puppet on his hand (Mr. Hand). Then he decided that he is gay, so he came out, very aggressively as well. Then he did not like that he is a man (because all man are pigs!), so he changed his sex and then we had Mrs. Garrison in the show. But when he changed sex, he wasn't gay anymore, or rather, he didn't like man anymore, not even his gay boyfriend Mr. Slave. So he went full gay and became a lesbian. That did not last long, so he decided that since he now (again) loves women, not man, that he was wrong all this time and that he wants to be a normal man (hetero) again. Then a crazy scientists grew his penis on the back of a mouse, so Mrs. Garrison became Mr. Garrison again.

Big Grin

So be careful of your thoughts people, the pressure and your surroundings can confuse you more than you are confused yourself. The less you think about these things, the easier it will all be.

P.S.

I googled "tomboy" and I find this kind of thinking stupid, sorry Leela. If you are a tomboy, why do you think that your gender should be the fifth one on a Russian scale? That could be true, if your sexual preferences include hetero and homo relationships, but if you only don't wear girly clothes and you like to watch football, that does not make you of a different gender, that makes you a normal girl. Stop letting other people label the label with a sublabel, for Christs sake! You only confuse yourself and the people around you, like Mr. Garrison did.

Smile
I am sorry to annoy or bore you. I started this topic to learn more about it and you basically come here and tell me it's all stupid. Well if it is, don't read here.
I tend to write long posts, deal with it.
I tend to explain detailed, so the point is properly made, deal with it.

I get presented new terms and formats of gender , and I try these terms out. I try if they actually do fit me. If they do, fine, if not fine as well.
Obviously you are fine with woman and man, great, and obviously your way to identify this, is by whatever is between the legs. fine as well, but this topic is not about what's between the legs but about what's going on in the head and about the different ways, different societies, label all that. You are annoyed by labels then you are in the wrong thread, sorry. This thread is about labels.

And if you get confused by my learning process, don't read my posts.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
03-05-2012, 08:23 AM
(02-05-2012 11:51 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Definitely makes sense. I was just putting forward a counter opinion to the comon view that taking hormones is a huge risk for breast cancer. It's about as awkward as how little evidence there is on transsexuals and breast care.
Hope everything is ok for you at the moment.
I understand about the differing takes on breast cancer...I'm living it. The first oncologist I saw after surgery was ready to blast me with one of two choices of chemo...one that would probably cause heart damage and the other Leukemia...no thanks. The oncologist I see now is a researcher and is good with my choice to go with no chemo and no radiation. Next month, if my tests are good, I will have 2-1/2 years behind me. Researching my options sure showed me that they are all just kind of taking a stab at it. The type of cancer I was diagnosed with is supposedly non-hormone receptive, but who the hell knows for sure. My mother had breast cancer but my genetics tests showed mine isn't genetic. It's enough to make your head spin.

I can't imagine how much more convoluted it must be for a transsexual.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
03-05-2012, 10:05 AM
between this thread and a class about sexual and reproductive rights I'm taking my head is full of fuck with this stuff, now I wonder if there's anything actually knowable, but that's for another thread Sad

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
03-05-2012, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 03:51 PM by tazmin98.)
I am girl with the mindset of a guy!
I don't know why but sometimes I get annoyed with some of things that people of my gender do.
I do dress up but its only on very rare occasions.
I was always this shy tomboy and I heard if I dress up, I would get confidence and find myself in disbelief how girls( especially in my school) can put so much crap on their faces. But it's a good thing the rest of friends are tomboys or at least more masculine. The only three things I hate about my gender is the insecurities we have to put up with and how vicious we can be if one person insults the other and mother nature's monthly gift... uugrhhh!

P.S I hate feminism btw!

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes tazmin98's post
03-05-2012, 04:06 PM
tazmin, i know that thing with dressing up Big Grin I always feel like I am putting on a costume because I am so not used to it. (although I actually look good in a dress or skirt)

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
03-05-2012, 04:45 PM
(03-05-2012 03:39 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  I am girl with the mindset of a guy!
I don't know why but sometimes I get annoyed with some of things that people of my gender do.
I was always this shy tomboy and I heard if I dress up, I would get confidence and find myself in disbelief how girls( especially in my school) can put so much crap on their faces. But it's a good thing the rest of friends are tomboys or at least more masculine. The only three things I hate about my gender is the insecurities we have to put up with and how vicious we can be if one person insults the other and mother nature's monthly gift... uugrhhh!

P.S I hate feminism btw!
why do you hate feminism? just in case, feminism is not all that crap some girls say about having all the prerogatives and none of the obligations of men, and is not about women being superior to men either... Feminism has drifted away from that sort of ideas several decades ago.

05-05-2012, 01:41 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 02:23 AM by GirlyMan.)
(02-05-2012 10:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-05-2012 10:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You ManlyAngie.

The nice thing about hormone replacement therapy is that I can choose to be girly or manly with a day's notice. Thumbsup
Can't do it Girly...the breast cancer issues means no extra hormones for me...I have to be happy where I am. But it is nice that you can be so flexible...better living through chemistry.

So no estrogen for you, but why no testosterone? Women need testosterone in the same way that men need estrogen. Too little is indistinguishable from too much, they both cause limp dick.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-05-2012, 02:19 PM
(03-05-2012 04:45 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(03-05-2012 03:39 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  I am girl with the mindset of a guy!

P.S I hate feminism btw!
why do you hate feminism? just in case, feminism is not all that crap some girls say about having all the prerogatives and none of the obligations of men, and is not about women being superior to men either... Feminism has drifted away from that sort of ideas several decades ago.
So are you saying feminism isn't about female superiority anymore?

You sure?

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
05-05-2012, 06:39 PM
(05-05-2012 02:19 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  
(03-05-2012 04:45 PM)nach_in Wrote:  why do you hate feminism? just in case, feminism is not all that crap some girls say about having all the prerogatives and none of the obligations of men, and is not about women being superior to men either... Feminism has drifted away from that sort of ideas several decades ago.
So are you saying feminism isn't about female superiority anymore?

You sure?
Yes, I am, feminism understood as the movements for gender equality don't claim there's a superiority of women over men, are there stupid people who say so? of course! but those speak nonsense and are widely dismissed by more serious thinkers. There are also some feminists (male and female) who research on how masculinity also has to be redefined so actual equality can be achieved, in some places there is some progress on this, paternity leave is equal to maternity leave and so on...

Feminism today doesn't fight only the unjust treatment of women, the patriarchal system and dominance logic (I'm not sure if that's well translated, it refers to the idea that something or someone always is better than the other and other stuff)
Actually, feminism today understands that men also suffer from the whole sexism thing, we have to suppress our feelings (with a great psychological damage) we have to work or else we are regarded as losers (what if a men wants to raise his children and the women wants to go out and work?) we have to be strong and hard or else we are not "man enough", and a lot of other things that affect our freedom in an opposite (but equally wrong) way than women. That's what feminism is all about today, is about actual freedom of the people and their bodies and their desires without a violent (not only physical) intervention from the society or the state. Sure the word "feminism" is loaded, that's why people now refer to this movements as "gender equality" and other names, but that's a semantic discussion.

[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post