What gender?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2012, 03:49 PM
RE: What gender?
(08-05-2012 04:55 PM)Leela Wrote:  
(08-05-2012 09:55 AM)jackashflash Wrote:  If you have a vagina, then you are a woman. Thats it....its not complicated, so stop listening to some retarded psychologist out for free grant money to do nothing.
Read the first post. I say again, sex = genitals / gender = social construct and mindset. Idea

So if you are filling out a survey or something, and a question asks, what is your gender, you would answer male??
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2012, 04:13 PM
(21-05-2012 03:49 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(08-05-2012 04:55 PM)Leela Wrote:  Read the first post. I say again, sex = genitals / gender = social construct and mindset. Idea

So if you are filling out a survey or something, and a question asks, what is your gender, you would answer male??
To be honest, I would rather.
As someone said before me, dunno who that was but it was in this thread, the terminology shifted over time. So gender used to be sex. But as more and more people in our culture started disliking this, the meaning of the words have changed. And that's not something that just happened in the last 2 years, meaning that it's not new.
When I was at college in 2002/2003 we had this topic in psychology classes, when my mother, who is a preschool teacher, studied about 18 years ago, she learnt it in her psychology classes already.

Apart from that, words mean different things depending on the context. So if I am at the doctor and I have to fill out a form, I will make my mark at female.
If I am at a psychologist and I have to fill out the form, I will not place a mark if there is nothing that describes me.
If a friend asks me about my gender (for example online, or in a discussion about the topic) I will answer to my present best knowledge that I have none/am neutral. And if asked why, I will explain that the construct, that society builds on these terms, does not fit me.

As I said earlier about myself, I will do my nails like twice a year, I will wear a skirt like once a year, I will bake and cook and clean, I will watch a love movie or stand in front of the mirror to squeeze my skin to find the non existent orange skin.
BUT
I will also play with my camping knife, talk about a cool car that I want to drive, watch survival shows, build a table, talk about other women's great butt and legs, watch a soccer game, tell my hubby that his burb was really cool in length and volume.
Simply put, I don't fit into the premade forms and boxes, I am me, I am fine, I keep learning about this topic.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
22-05-2012, 01:55 AM
God dammit, why can't I find any girls who like to play with knives? Or watch survival videos? Damn you foreigners, you always get the best people...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
19-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Here we go again.
I just watched some youtube videos. People who are transgender and taking Testosterone to become men. Who went under surgery and turned out really good!
I am kind of jealous, I admit that.
The muscle tone changes so much!
The voice changes and when they get the flat chest they ARE men. You wouldn't be able to tell a difference unless they show their lower part...

Amazing how well thez are doing.
Even the remodelling of penis/vagina is on a really advanced stage by now.
I am stunned!

[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
19-06-2012, 05:11 PM
(21-05-2012 04:13 PM)Leela Wrote:  ....
As I said earlier about myself, I will do my nails like twice a year, I will wear a skirt like once a year, I will bake and cook and clean, I will watch a love movie or stand in front of the mirror to squeeze my skin to find the non existent orange skin.
BUT
I will also play with my camping knife, talk about a cool car that I want to drive, watch survival shows, build a table, talk about other women's great butt and legs, watch a soccer game, tell my hubby that his burb was really cool in length and volume.
Simply put, I don't fit into the premade forms and boxes, I am me, I am fine, I keep learning about this topic.
One interesting thing about me.... my friends (on-line... and in person at times) say I'm a woman, but just happens to have male genitals Laugh out load They say I act more like a woman, talk too much (or write...) am in very good touch with my emotions (and frequently say I hold back to appear more masculine).... even people who just meet me frequently say I'm not really masculine, not feminine, just in the middle. I use emery boards, actually have longer than "normal" male fingernails, love cooking and creating new things, I hate sports with a passion (banning them would make me a happy person!)..... let's just say my friends say I'm the most likely to be in a skirt and heels Laugh out load actually a number say "do it, you'd like it", others have outright given tips for what to avoid lol (most are women). I actually own skirts (some) because they are much more comfortable than shorts. Although I actually feel uncomfortable in male clothing (suits and dress shoes), because, and this is funny, I don't really fit them! I actually fit in women's shoes perfectly, yet can't in mens Laugh out load I even feel like I'm crossdressing if I put on men's dress shoes (which is why I don't.... it seems odd). I love music and theatre (and psychology)... Odder still is that a number of men will agree to at least some of what I've put here too as applying to them.

Yet I love designing potential machines that can do complex actions, redesign entire factory floors to minimize or eliminate any double-tracking of any products, streamline how things are done, write computer programs.... and a number of other things that generally people wouldn't think was for "women".

As my one lesbian (or bisexual.... she doesn't know even) friend said (paraphrased): it doesn't matter what you do, what you wear or what your sexuality is--as long as you're comfortable, do it and screw anyone who has a problem with it. You're just you. Accept it. All they are is labels, just be yourself.
[+] 2 users Like elemts's post
19-06-2012, 08:53 PM
*Reads through all seven pages*

Da fuq did I just read???? Blink

I don't care what Gender you are, just as long as you are happy with who YOU are.

I absolutely hate sports, Love reading, and I have a passion for talking....

Sometimes I hate being a guy (i.e a penis bearing human), but then I remember all of the things girls have to deal with
No

Anyways... Your sex can be a girl, and you can act like a boy.... I don't see the problem with needing to find something to label yourself..... I just always considered myself a guy.

In fact, I would very much like to get a woman like you when I am older.... It would be a nice balance rrom myself, whos hates taking care of the house and such......

I need to get a condo.....

(I am stupid, disregard everything I said above.) Big Grin

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
19-06-2012, 09:31 PM
[quote='Atothetheist' pid='127524'

(I am stupid, disregard everything I said above.) :D

[/quote]

This would be an awesome signature to have!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Exromai,

Dibs!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
19-06-2012, 11:09 PM
As far as long term transsexuals they should actually tell the doctor they are the gender of their hormones. Most tests care about that part anyway. It's of course best to mention the exacts but the form never lists other =p As far as us intersexed people, say what you want and give more information when necessary ~_^

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
20-06-2012, 01:25 AM
(19-06-2012 08:53 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  ... as long as you are happy with who YOU are...
that's the point Confused