What grinds my gears

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2016, 12:40 PM
What grinds my gears
So okay.. I've told the story of how I was loved in my church and when I started dating Brandon.. Certain members treated me differently. That was just a small part of what was going on in church but today marks a year since the preacher stepped down.
His wife posted on Facebook with a throwback picture saying "today marks a year since God called is to step down from the church"
Excuse me? God called you?
It wasn't how you talked about my personal life behind my back to the deacons who told me? It wasn't about how the preacher couldn't preach a sermon without messing up the scripture.. Or it defiantly was not how the church voted you out?
No that shit was God all around.
It's a nice cover for anyone on the outside I'm sure.
But what you don't mention is how older members came back once you left, how the church has grown and how you're down to just your family in a house doing service.
This shit here!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Jewelarcher's post
07-06-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: What grinds my gears
I guess that's how god is their personal savior. Praise it when things are good, hide behind it when things are not.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
07-06-2016, 05:45 PM
(07-06-2016 01:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  I guess that's how god is their personal savior. Praise it when things are good, hide behind it when things are not.

Yeah I guess it ticks me off more because it's personal for me and how hard it impacted my personal life
But come on it was not God. We voted you out.. Well they did I purposely skipped church that day.
They were my best friends and now they aren't.
07-06-2016, 11:41 PM
(07-06-2016 12:40 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So okay.. I've told the story of how I was loved in my church and when I started dating Brandon.. Certain members treated me differently. That was just a small part of what was going on in church but today marks a year since the preacher stepped down.
His wife posted on Facebook with a throwback picture saying "today marks a year since God called is to step down from the church"
Excuse me? God called you?
It wasn't how you talked about my personal life behind my back to the deacons who told me? It wasn't about how the preacher couldn't preach a sermon without messing up the scripture.. Or it defiantly was not how the church voted you out?
No that shit was God all around.
It's a nice cover for anyone on the outside I'm sure.
But what you don't mention is how older members came back once you left, how the church has grown and how you're down to just your family in a house doing service.
This shit here!

Maybe God called him and was like "Yo, people don't like you, leave church."

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post