What happened?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Rainbow What happened?
Someone said this earlier but this forum is kinda going dead........

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2013, 12:51 PM
RE: What happened?
It's summertime. Wink

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-07-2013, 01:08 PM

[Image: 9f6.gif]
01-07-2013, 01:30 PM
I guess I can answer this one.

The forums decline can be attributed to a few things.

1. The recent growth of new people that post once then leave.
There has been a large increase in these people for some reason. Whatever the case may be. Not as many people are staying for long periods.

2. The lack of a common cause.
This forum seems to have almost always had someone to go against. Some kind of fundamentalist or similar nutjob. Someone who was so outrageously stupid that people couldn't help but yell at.

3. Lack of advertising.
Let's face it. The Thinking Atheist has not hit any new demographics for awhile now. Not as many new eyes see this forum on a daily basis than there used to be.

4. Atheism right now.
There's not all that much going on in the atheist world that is relatively new. Nothing that sparks the fires in peoples hearts to blog and discuss. Yes yes yes, we're making good strides....but it's all been fairly dull.
01-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Well, I'm on vacation so it's pretty much non-stop debauchery. Drinking Beverage

I'm taking a short break to check in here, but it's pretty dead, so back to the hedonism. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-07-2013, 04:11 PM
It's far from dead - there are a lot of others that are really much deader. (dead, deader, the deadest? :shockingSmile

But, the impossibility of being deader than dead aside, every forum I have ever been a contributing member of has gone quieter during the summer months. And especially during school vacations. People spend time outside and with their families. They don't go online and try to find new places to hang out. They will be doing that in the fall...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-07-2013, 04:14 PM
One of the reasons I kept coming back here when I first joined was for the people and the spirit this place had.

Such a great bunch of characters all adding to a great sense of community.

Alas, some of those great people don't come here anymore or simply don't post that often.

This place doesn't have that "buzz" anymore, it has been replaced with snide and negativity in a lot of threads, not all of them... but a lot.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
01-07-2013, 05:08 PM
I spose we could see if Egor will come back....

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
01-07-2013, 06:26 PM
On every forum I have been on, the number of posts/traffic slows down during the summer months. As someone said before, people are outside more, going on vacations, etc. during this time of the year. They are on the computer less so things slow down.
01-07-2013, 06:33 PM
(01-07-2013 05:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I spose we could see if Egor will come back....

Oh please....
No

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon