See what you've started now?

Weeping

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
26-05-2014, 09:30 PM
RE: What happened to Chippy?
Ban him! BAN HIM NAO!!!!!!!!!

...ahem. I liked Chippy, but if he was being a creepy fuck, then fuck 'im. Case closed.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like houseofcantor's post
27-05-2014, 01:55 AM
I really hope this doesn't start a flame war, but;
When somebody exhibits psycho/destructive behavior, that's your cue to just go ahead and ignore absolutely everything that person has to say. (Absolutely everything. Really.) Especially when they do it over the internet.

It stands to reason that someone obsessed with gaining strangers' attention knows/learned how to manipulate words to make themselves sound like they know what they're talking about when they really don't. It kind of worries me that so many of you are willing to ignore his obvious character flaws just because you liked conversing with him on one internet forum. Life is a little more complicated than that, don't you think? Do you even hear yourselves? "Yeah, that guy was fucking crazy. But he sure opened my eyes about string theory!!" And did anybody notice how he always seemed to be an "expert" on whatever subject we were discussing? Doesn't that seem like something an expert googler would do?

Whatever. I'm glad his sexist, idiot ass is gone. He was a creepy obsessive fucktard. Good riddance!

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 6 users Like Cephalotus's post
27-05-2014, 02:04 AM
(27-05-2014 01:55 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  It kind of worries me that so many of you are willing to ignore his obvious character flaws just because you liked conversing with him on one internet forum.
Yeah, except that every single user in this thread has acknowledged his character flaws.

So there's that. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
27-05-2014, 02:14 AM
I never interacted with him and never got to know him. He just seemed like an arsehole so I had no interest in him.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
27-05-2014, 02:28 AM
(27-05-2014 02:04 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 01:55 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  It kind of worries me that so many of you are willing to ignore his obvious character flaws just because you liked conversing with him on one internet forum.
Yeah, except that every single user in this thread has acknowledged his character flaws.

So there's that. Drinking Beverage

It doesn't really matter when someone "wishes he were still here" despite know he was psycho. Angry

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
27-05-2014, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2014 01:10 PM by kingschosen.)
He was banned for the reasons previously stated.

It's funny really, no matter what we do or how "by the book" we play it, someone is going to get mad at the outcome of the situation.

Ban him!
Don't ban him!
He shouldn't have been banned!
Why did his banning take so long?
Why did you rush to ban him?
His threats weren't real!
His threats deserve a banning!
Why did he get banned? He didn't do anything.
Good job admins / mods!
Admins / mods made a terrible and unfair decision to ban him.

These are just a few of the comments I've received or read on the situation.

Take that for what you will...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 11 users Like kingschosen's post
27-05-2014, 11:59 AM
(27-05-2014 02:28 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  It doesn't really matter when someone "wishes he were still here" despite know he was psycho. Angry

Uh... Unsure yea... sure Ceph ... whatever you say.

Someone wanna get that hammer thingy handy?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
27-05-2014, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2014 12:32 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Just a little reminder. We do have an ignore feature, if a member grates on your nerves you don't have interact with them.

Mathilda really said it best. She said he seemed like an ass, so she ignored him. I routinely ignored many of his posts. I won't sing praises for the guy but there are few more here that are just as annoying, the difference is they have "fan clubs" and their behaviors are encouraged by the club.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-05-2014, 01:07 PM
(27-05-2014 12:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  they have "fan clubs" and their behaviors are encouraged by the club.
That sounds very much like Chippy.