What happened to Chippy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2014, 03:03 PM
RE: What happened to Chippy?
(27-05-2014 02:59 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 02:51 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...
because we love the community.

[citation needed]

We only have your word for this.

Dodgy

Angel

I am disappoint.

I highlighted that huge gap to try and find some hidden text.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2014, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2014 03:28 PM by Drunkin Druid.)
(27-05-2014 02:55 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 02:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Oh stop. I would never hurt anyone other than to prevent them from hurting me

I'm sure. Angel.
I'm a Canadian citizen now so I had to pledge to the Queen that I wouldnt associate with NRA members after singing for god to keep our land. Why do Canadians keep those awful lyrics in their anthem I'll never know.

No worries. That line refers to David Suzuki..
Or maybe its the guy that played Relic on the Beachcombers.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
27-05-2014, 03:46 PM
(27-05-2014 02:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 02:08 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  ...he shouldn't have been digging into anyone's life.

^^
This. And he should have stopped when he was called out by admin to do so. But he couldn't leave it alone.
Well, its been obvious that people can abuse (and ignore) the admins all they like, given Chippy did this regularly. An Admin isn't special in that they are above the level of abuse the rest of us take from idiots like Chippy.

Personally I don't think Chippy looking up information freely available on the internet is of any harm. But what he was doing by introducing that information into his personal attacks on Cathy does take personal attacks to a whole nother level. He did the same this with Fulton didn't he? Attacking his place of education...

What I think was much worse was when he attacked IndianAtheist for being an Indian. If this forum tolerates individual members driving people away based purely on their citizenship or race then that is a much bigger problem. Indians make up 1/6th of the entire human population on Earth, Indian's have a lot to offer and it would be a shame to miss out on that because this forum tolerates racist behaviour.
I also think it is a shame when atheists make outright attacks on Christians that participate on this forum. As far as I see it, the Christians are victims of the brainwashing that has been devised over thousands of years and mostly likely has been thrust on them from a very young age. Beliefs are hard to break, especially when you view the world with a lens custom built with that belief system and are probably surrounded by friends and family that constantly keep that belief at the forfront of your being. Abusing them just makes them think Atheists are angry vile people in need of salvation.
[+] 4 users Like Stevil's post
27-05-2014, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2014 05:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-05-2014 02:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 02:08 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  ...he shouldn't have been digging into anyone's life.

^^
This. And he should have stopped when he was called out by admin to do so. But he couldn't leave it alone.

Anyway, Cathy, you owe no one any explanation.

Hug

Yup. Cyber stalking is one thing. Threatening cyber bullying is another thing entirely. Wouldn't have mattered if it was actually you or not, that was the easiest ban call to make this side of the spam bridge. Threatening to expose personal information like name and address on an atheist forum where not everyone is out doesn't even deserve a warning. I don't generally comment on or take a position on banning ever since I got embroiled in that whole RedCelt fiasco. Ain't my job. But that one was a no-brainer. The philosopher king and queen got this. Thumbsup

(27-05-2014 02:08 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  And because you are curious, I'll tell you. Cathy is not my real name. It's my grandmother's name. I also have a twin sister, who is named after my grandmother. Myself on the other hand - I'm named after my grandfather. It is a Long story. The short version is that my mother went into labor early and my grandfather actually delivered us in his living room. In my mother's euphoria, I was named after him while my sister was named after grandma. Therefore, My legal name is a "typical" man's name. I operate under an alias, because I'm tired of everyone getting confused because I am a woman. (Like when I'm on the phone, or meet someone for the first time). We often use the same screen name for things.

So when chippy decided to look me up, he saw my sister. Then proceeded to dig into HER life. And because we are identical twins, and are very close, we do as twins do...and have a lot of common things in our lives. We both went to UB, (I went onto Cornell she went onto NYU). we both own our own businesses, etc. etc.

So it wasn't stalking in that he was digging up info on ME, but he was digging up info on HER. Which is irrelevant....he shouldn't have been digging into anyone's life. Google is wonderful, but it can also get you into trouble.

wow ... i'm not sure I can find a FAIL gif big enough for that. For a smart guy that was pretty fucking stupid.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Chippy's picture also freaked me out. No keep it awayNo

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
27-05-2014, 04:15 PM
(27-05-2014 02:51 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 02:08 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Hmmmm. Consider I don't think I've ever said a cross or mean thing to you, Anj. Am I missing something here?

And because you are curious, I'll tell you. Cathy is not my real name. It's my grandmother's name. I also have a twin sister, who is named after my grandmother. Myself on the other hand - I'm named after my grandfather. It is a Long story. The short version is that my mother went into labor early and my grandfather actually delivered us in his living room. In my mother's euphoria, I was named after him while my sister was named after grandma. Therefore, My legal name is a "typical" man's name. I operate under an alias, because I'm tired of everyone getting confused because I am a woman. (Like when I'm on the phone, or meet someone for the first time). We often use the same screen name for things.

So when chippy decided to look me up, he saw my sister. Then proceeded to dig into HER life. And because we are identical twins, and are very close, we do as twins do...and have a lot of common things in our lives. We both went to UB, (I went onto Cornell she went onto NYU). we both own our own businesses, etc. etc.

So it wasn't stalking in that he was digging up info on ME, but he was digging up info on HER. Which is irrelevant....he shouldn't have been digging into anyone's life. Google is wonderful, but it can also get you into trouble.

And now y'all know the rest of the story... I believe only me... maybe Rora... was privy to this knowledge, and this is why I dealt with it the way I did. I even had a few members that are highly regarded openly oppose my action to ban him. And, that's okay. Based on their knowledge, they felt I was unjust.

I let all the haters hate on me because that's my job. I didn't tell anyone else what Chippy was really doing and how harmful and effin creepy it was out of respect for Cathy.

Just have faith in us, guys. Our group... the FT... is composed of people who truly want the best for not only the forum but also all its participants. It's not an easy job and we do it for free. It is completely thankless and usually a royal pain in the butt, but we commit ourselves to it because we love the community.

Yabut, a few of us built a shrine to you when you banned him. Drinking Beverage

It has since fallen into disrepair, but it's the thought that counts. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
27-05-2014, 04:39 PM
(27-05-2014 04:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 02:51 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  And now y'all know the rest of the story... I believe only me... maybe Rora... was privy to this knowledge, and this is why I dealt with it the way I did. I even had a few members that are highly regarded openly oppose my action to ban him. And, that's okay. Based on their knowledge, they felt I was unjust.

I let all the haters hate on me because that's my job. I didn't tell anyone else what Chippy was really doing and how harmful and effin creepy it was out of respect for Cathy.

Just have faith in us, guys. Our group... the FT... is composed of people who truly want the best for not only the forum but also all its participants. It's not an easy job and we do it for free. It is completely thankless and usually a royal pain in the butt, but we commit ourselves to it because we love the community.

Yabut, a few of us built a shrine to you when you banned him. Drinking Beverage

It has since fallen into disrepair, but it's the thought that counts. Yes

*Insert obligatory KC's Law reference here*

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-05-2014, 04:41 PM
(27-05-2014 01:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 01:13 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  ...and that's part of the reason you can keep that admin job, KC.

I don't have a "fan club," I have groupies. And don't make me post moar Gwynnies. Angry

Big Grin

Yeah...I'm a groupie. I'll follow you around. Wink

I been scouring through these woods trying to track him for a while now and all I can find is "Sorry. This person has moved or deleted this image." I think Interpol might've finally caught up with him.

[Image: cantorhome.png]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-05-2014, 04:51 PM
(26-05-2014 01:47 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 01:41 PM)Vosur Wrote:  If I recall correctly, Chippy was banned for threatening to interfere with the personal life of one of our forum members. I'll see if I can find the relevant posts for you.

That's a shame, he was very helpfull when it came to philoophy but he was a little too prone to get into fights with people over petty stuff.

Chippy didn't really know too much about open philosophy.Rolleyes
He tended to rely on maxims and confusing logic-speak.
Resorted often to abuse and essentially ad ignorantum stuff----
I almost challenged him to a duel at my old Alma Mater here in Vic.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
27-05-2014, 05:05 PM
(27-05-2014 09:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  He was banned for the reasons previously stated.

It's funny really, no matter what we do or how "by the book" we play it, someone is going to get mad at the outcome of the situation.

Ban him!
Don't ban him!
He shouldn't have been banned!
Why did his banning take so long?
Why did you rush to ban him?
His threats weren't real!
His threats deserve a banning!
Why did he get banned? He didn't do anything.
Good job admins / mods!
Admins / mods made a terrible and unfair decision to ban him.

These are just a few of the comments I've received or read on the situation.

Take that for what you will...
Just what Book was that K.C?Angel