What happened to frankjs?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2014, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2014 10:22 PM by Free Thought.)
RE: What happened to frankjs?
(31-05-2014 10:09 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 10:02 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  No you don't.

Who are you to tell me what I want to know or not? I know that I want to know.

Older and wiser heads, man.

FZU was not remotely an interesting case: most of what I remember was that he was a militant Vegan with the rational ability of a brick.
And some other things that I can't remember happened, something like harassment and generally dickery I think, along with other charges like breaking Rule 3 and ignoring the Forum Team, the Forum Team could not make a decision on whether he had broken any rules or not.
Buddy Christ, then a mod went out on his own and banned him for his actions. His modhood was shortly revoked (or he stepped down) and FZU unbanned.

Only to be banned again right away. He was unbanned mostly because the powers that were wanted it to be official.

For more reading, I recommend: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...dia-My-bad

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2014, 10:19 PM
(31-05-2014 10:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 10:08 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  For Switzerland you mean, or the Alps...
So he wasn't banned or anything?

Oakland Cali actually. One of the many many things he lied about.

The bastion of freedom loving peoples of course!!

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
31-05-2014, 10:22 PM
(31-05-2014 10:16 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 10:08 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  For Switzerland you mean, or the Alps...
So he wasn't banned or anything?

You know there's a member list, right? And even banned users are listed, so you can check anyone's status.

For our beloved departed, for instance, we can see that although he hasn't posted since hitting critical whinge, he's still been lurking...

Did not know. Thanks!
Just noticed he has a -1 rep count. Ouch!
Sad not to have him around and his Austrian economics

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
31-05-2014, 10:23 PM
(31-05-2014 10:22 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  Did not know. Thanks!
Just noticed he has a -1 rep count. Ouch!

Oh, if any precious snowflake on this good Earth ever earned it, he did.

(31-05-2014 10:22 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  Sad not to have him around and his Austrian economics incessant delusion

Fixed that for you.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
31-05-2014, 10:26 PM
(31-05-2014 10:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 10:09 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Who are you to tell me what I want to know or not? I know that I want to know.

Older and wiser heads, man.

FZU was not remotely an interesting case: most of what I remember was that he was a militant Vegan with the rational ability of a brick.
And some other things that I can't remember happened, something like harassment and generally dickery I think, along with other charges like breaking Rule 3 and ignoring the Forum Team, the Forum Team could not make a decision on whether he had broken any rules or not.
Buddy Christ, then a mod went out on his own and banned him for his actions. His modhood was shortly revoked (or he stepped down) and FZU unbanned.

Only to be banned again right away. He was unbanned mostly because the powers that were wanted it to be official.

For more reading, I recommend: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...dia-My-bad

Sounds like he was useless, if that is the case buddy did a good thing.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
31-05-2014, 10:29 PM
(31-05-2014 10:23 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 10:22 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  Sad not to have him around and his Austrian economics incessant delusion

Fixed that for you.

We'll I don't know, Rothbard has very crazy ideas, Von Mises on the other hand is more reasonable. Neither are your typical Keynesian Econ by any stretch.

31-05-2014, 10:33 PM
(31-05-2014 10:26 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 10:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Older and wiser heads, man.

Sounds like he was useless, if that is the case buddy did a good thing.

He was.

Way I see it, it was only notable because the FT got bogged down in bureaucracy and the fact that it was nearing to Giftmass, so there were fewer of them around. Given his reported acts of harassment against Anjele and his general actions, action should have been at least a bit swifter.

But what is done is done; I'd like to think the Forum Team took notes in how to ensure such cases were handled more efficiently.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-05-2014, 10:36 PM
(31-05-2014 10:29 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 10:23 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Fixed that for you.

We'll I don't know, Rothbard has very crazy ideas, Von Mises on the other hand is more reasonable. Neither are your typical Keynesian Econ by any stretch.

I am not speaking about schools of economics - though what little frankksj understood he misapplied.

I am referring to the actual delusion. Compulsive strawmen, compulsive misrepresentation, insane baseless "hypotheticals", and a total disregard for logic and data.
(the multiple and repeated straight-up lies about his personal life were just icing on the failure cake)

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
31-05-2014, 10:36 PM
(31-05-2014 10:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 10:26 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Sounds like he was useless, if that is the case buddy did a good thing.

He was.

Way I see it, it was only notable because the FT got bogged down in bureaucracy and the fact that it was nearing to Giftmass, so there were fewer of them around. Given his reported acts of harassment against Anjele and his general actions, action should have been at least a bit swifter.

But what is done is done; I'd like to think the Forum Team took notes in how to ensure such cases were handled more efficiently.

Chippy's ban was a good example of how much better that process has gotten.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
31-05-2014, 10:40 PM
(31-05-2014 10:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  ...
I'd like to think the Forum Team took notes in how to ensure such cases were handled more efficiently.

It's almost an entirely new team since then.

The new team are a bunch of fools and will probably make similar or worse errors of judgement in future.

Angel

Meanwhile, I wouldn't want Frankie to leave. I only learn from people who do not hold the same views as myself.
I have very little knowledge / understanding of the US-style Libertarianism or economics in general so my awareness has been raised.

For the most part I confused it with Libertinism... I can get behind that Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post