What happened to frankjs?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2014, 08:12 AM
RE: What happened to frankjs?
(01-06-2014 08:09 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 10:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  It's almost an entirely new team since then.

The new team are a bunch of fools and will probably make similar or worse errors of judgement in future.

Angel

Meanwhile, I wouldn't want Frankie to leave. I only learn from people who do not hold the same views as myself.
I have very little knowledge / understanding of the US-style Libertarianism or economics in general so my awareness has been raised.

For the most part I confused it with Libertinism... I can get behind that Dodgy

the team is*

the forum team are some bunches*

I stand corrected. Thank you.
Sadcryface2

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2014, 08:13 AM
(01-06-2014 08:09 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 10:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  It's almost an entirely new team since then.

The new team are a bunch of fools and will probably make similar or worse errors of judgement in future.

Angel

Meanwhile, I wouldn't want Frankie to leave. I only learn from people who do not hold the same views as myself.
I have very little knowledge / understanding of the US-style Libertarianism or economics in general so my awareness has been raised.

For the most part I confused it with Libertinism... I can get behind that Dodgy

the team is*

Singular collective nouns can take plural forms, particularly in more British-derived English.

... this is my signature!
01-06-2014, 08:14 AM
(01-06-2014 06:49 AM)Luminon Wrote:  We can derive logic from the behavior of energy and matter in space-time, but we don't really have to, we already do that, because we are matter and energy riding space-time. Try anything without logic and you won't even have reason to prefer your rules over any other. Try anything without sequentiality and you won't even be able to think a statement. Principles make thinking, language and action possible. These principles can be contacted by pure reason alone at any time and their basis in physical reality is just a modern confirmation thanks to better science.

Except Einstein demonstrated there is no absolute spacetime. It's called Relativity.
There goes that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-06-2014, 08:29 AM
(01-06-2014 08:14 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 06:49 AM)Luminon Wrote:  We can derive logic from the behavior of energy and matter in space-time, but we don't really have to, we already do that, because we are matter and energy riding space-time. Try anything without logic and you won't even have reason to prefer your rules over any other. Try anything without sequentiality and you won't even be able to think a statement. Principles make thinking, language and action possible. These principles can be contacted by pure reason alone at any time and their basis in physical reality is just a modern confirmation thanks to better science.

Except Einstein demonstrated there is no absolute spacetime. It's called Relativity.
There goes that.

Presuppositionalism: it's not just for theists anymore!

... this is my signature!
[+] 8 users Like cjlr's post
01-06-2014, 08:41 AM
He's secured in my basement. You can have him back for one million dollars.

(31-05-2014 10:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  The new team are a bunch of fools and will probably make similar or worse errors of judgement in future.

I lol'd. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-06-2014, 09:09 AM
(01-06-2014 08:29 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 08:14 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Except Einstein demonstrated there is no absolute spacetime. It's called Relativity.
There goes that.

Presuppositionalism: it's not just for theists anymore!

As Sean Carroll demonstrated in his debate with Craig, there are many internally logically consistent systems and arguments, even about the same subject. They *could* all be true. Only one is. Logic is necessary, but not sufficient.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-06-2014, 08:18 AM
(31-05-2014 09:50 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  If we are talking about banned people I want to know who FZU media was. Who was it?

It's not so much who he was and what he did and shit, it's the shit storm that resulted regarding to ban his ass or not. Suffice to say that there was several rather lengthy threads "discussing" the matter. I think that's when Erxy left (or at least went full retard eventually leading to his leaving), though that might have been the Red Celt shit storm, someone with a better memory than me will remember. That's when Hughsie was admin (iirc) and there was many arguments that nothing was being done by the FT.

One big thing I remember was Ato being a little bitch. FZU got banned but "unlawfully" so Ato protested to unban him and than reban him straight away. Single most stupidest thing the admins have given in to on this forum ever.
I can't stress enough how bothered I was by this. Still am! IT'S WAS SO POINTLESS!!

He as a person was not that bad. If he was around now I don't believe he would get banned. (excluding sock puppeting).

As for Frank, something about being caught up in a bunch of lies.
I'm rather annoyed by it actually because I liked the prick.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
02-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Hi all

I have not been around in a while, but I lurk. I just don't have the time to keep up with the forum. But, this topic took me out of my semi-retirement because I had not realized frankjs had stormed off. I just took a look at the thread that pushed him over the edge. I did not read it in its entirety, but I think I got the gist.

My issue with frankjs was not his ideas. I actually think, when you got past a lot of the bluster, he had a lot of salient points and I agreed with quite a few things he said. I think the problem was he was just such a douchebag in his presentation that he made it impossible to agree with him, or like him, or even have a discussion with him. The obnoxious factor was over the top ,at least for me.

So, I find it kind of funny he got frustrated and left considering he was the cause of so much of his frustration, at least in my opinion at least.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
02-06-2014, 06:29 PM
(02-06-2014 06:25 PM)BnW Wrote:  Hi all

I have not been around in a while, but I lurk. I just don't have the time to keep up with the forum. But, this topic took me out of my semi-retirement because I had not realized frankjs had stormed off. I just took a look at the thread that pushed him over the edge. I did not read it in its entirety, but I think I got the gist.

My issue with frankjs was not his ideas. I actually think, when you got past a lot of the bluster, he had a lot of salient points and I agreed with quite a few things he said. I think the problem was he was just such a douchebag in his presentation that he made it impossible to agree with him, or like him, or even have a discussion with him. The obnoxious factor was over the top ,at least for me.

So, I find it kind of funny he got frustrated and left considering he was the cause of so much of his frustration, at least in my opinion at least.

Can you link the thread?

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
02-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Here you go.

The whole tone of this thread is just: douchebag. He doesn't even approach the topic as someone who is interested in having a discussion or debate. He throws it out with the maximum amount of arrogance and bitterness he can.

A large part of what I do for a living is negotiations. I have 20 years experience doing it. I have a pretty good idea of what approaches have a chance of success and what approaches are assured to push the other side to hold firm and not budge, even if they know they have no real argument. When I see people acting this way, it's just dificult for me to take them seriously.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post