What happened to member Buddy Christ ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Photo What happened to member Buddy Christ ?
Reading his OT and NT books on a Kindle recently is the only reason I knew of this place. But a casual look seems to indicate he stopped hanging out here around 5 years ago ? If I'm wrong I will deserve dope slaps.... Blush
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2016, 12:50 PM
RE: What happened to member Buddy Christ ?
Welcome to TTA.

Buddy stopped visiting around 2 years ago.

He'll be back. They always come back.

You can check out any time you like but ...

Wink

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
30-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Yeah a few minutes after I posted I noticed he posted in 2013 regarding opinions on a revised cover on his book. And the same year came out with a new book. So maybe he's gone all "author uppity" on us and trying to become the 5th Horseman New Atheist or such ? Wink
30-01-2016, 01:00 PM
Turns out Jesus wasn't his buddy and took exception to stealing his name.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
30-01-2016, 01:03 PM
"It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay?"

LMAO Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Zeus's post
31-01-2016, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2016 11:26 AM by Zeus.)
New info... on the Kindle I read the free sample first two chapters of his (real name Brian Shuty) latest book, "No Hope for Humanity" and can tell from what is in there he became very disillusioned with internet forums in general. That book, btw, I suppose I should not judge until I read the whole thing...but it's too depressing to read further so that is not likely to happen. And I don't mean depressing because he is right about the lack of hope for humanity, but more so because of his attitude regarding it all. He is still quite funny on one level, but simply depressing overall.

Having said that, as mentioned earlier, I am only here at this forum because of his OT and NT guide books, which are *excellent*. And I have read many many atheist leaning books and bible (and Koran) guides before his, and find his two done so well, so funny, so true...superb. He deserves way more money than his Amazon prices for those two E books. (one book OT and NT together in paperback... e books do not allow more than 500 pages apparently...expensive in paper form however)

I could comment more but I'm new here and don't know if anyone cares what I think, so will stop for now. In fact I'm not even sure this is the appropriate sub forum for posting this. Regardless, thanks for reading.
31-01-2016, 11:28 AM
(31-01-2016 11:18 AM)Zeus Wrote:  New info... on the Kindle I read the free sample first two chapters of his (real name Brian Shuty) latest book, "No Hope for Humanity" and can tell from what is in there he became very disillusioned with internet forums in general. That book, btw, I suppose I should not judge until I read the whole thing...but it's too depressing to read further so that is not likely to happen. And I don't mean depressing because he is right about the lack of hope for humanity, but more so because of his attitude regarding it all. He is still quite funny on one level, but simply depressing overall.

Having said that, as mentioned earlier, I am only here at this forum because of his OT and NT guide books, which are *excellent*. And I have read many many atheist leaning books and bible (and Koran) guides before his, and find his two done so well, so funny, so true...superb. He deserves way more money than his Amazon prices for those two E books. (one book OT and NT together in paperback... e books do not allow more than 500 pages apparently...expensive in paper form however)

I could comment more but I'm new here and don't know if anyone cares what I think, so will stop for now. Thanks for reading.

I forgot to mention before ...

Did you see this thread?

And he started this one too. Although the links to his photos seem to be defunct now.

31-01-2016, 11:34 AM
Quote:I forgot to mention before ...
Did you see this thread?
And he started this one too. Although the links to his photos seem to be defunct now.
Yes, saw those but simply don't have the time to read them...especially the first one which I presume is mostly his book I have already read. But if there are any juicy tidbits in there (i.e. major arguments with other forum members Wink ) I'd be interested in the Cliff Notes version from anyone that cares to type them !
31-01-2016, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2016 11:47 AM by DLJ.)
(31-01-2016 11:34 AM)Zeus Wrote:  ... I'd be interested in the Cliff Notes version from anyone that cares to type them !

Cue earmuffs.

Yup. There are a few protests but they're just yer typical butt-hurtiness from some less enlightened theists and don't amount to much.

31-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Quote:Yup. There are a few protests but they're just yer typical butt-hurtiness from some less enlightened theists and don't amount to much.
OK, good to know nothing "serious bad" went haywire in his topics. What a shame such a talented writer no longer participates in this forum.