What happened to the people you grew up with?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2015, 11:25 PM
RE: What happened to the people you grew up with?
(01-12-2015 07:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My younger brother dropped dead for no apparent reason.

You may not be the type of guy that likes a hug but I don't care. Here's a hug anyway.

Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
01-12-2015, 11:46 PM
(01-12-2015 11:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 07:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My younger brother dropped dead for no apparent reason.

You may not be the type of guy that likes a hug but I don't care. Here's a hug anyway.

Hug

Evidence is pretty high in that he is...

[Image: Bear_Hug_by_CommodoreElfman.jpg~original]

While others say they know some people are still back in their homestead, I'm the only person I know well that still lives & at least works in our hometown as well. I used to not be able to avoid seeing someone I knew at the local mall or around black friday.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
01-12-2015, 11:55 PM

[Image: 4137937-big-heart-isolated-on-white-background.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
02-12-2015, 03:14 AM
Although it's only been five years I've lost contact with everyone except for my best friend who I see when I go home to visit my folks(which isn't really happening anymore). We talk a lot over the phone and snapchat back and forth joking like we've always done since we were in kindergarten. Everyone else is stuck in our small town with one or more kids they had in high school or in and out of jail. Few folks got decent paying jobs right out of high school and vocational school. Its weird how most people just turned into their parents or worse. Glad I got out of there when I did.
02-12-2015, 07:21 AM
I hallucinated my friends.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
02-12-2015, 07:27 AM
Last year in October was our fiftieth year high school reunion. Since i live in the DOminican Republic on Social Security I did not attend, but they sent out a booklet which showed that out of 78 of us they were in touch with all but one person. Except for the 8 who have died, all men, no females had as yet died.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
02-12-2015, 07:45 AM
(01-12-2015 11:31 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I know it's really not an answer but it is the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread.

Funny, I went the opposite direction. First thing I thought of was this:

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
02-12-2015, 07:52 AM
I talk to no one from high school. Just lost track of them. A few years ago I made it a point to look up my best friend from HS. Turns out he died from a drug overdose a few days before I looked him up. I was really devastated. I went home and saw his family, but it was tough. It had been close to 20 years since we hung out but a part of me felt like it died with him.

I keep up with my college roommate and some friends from law school, but it's tough to stay in touch with people.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
02-12-2015, 08:35 AM
(02-12-2015 07:52 AM)BnW Wrote:  I talk to no one from high school. Just lost track of them. A few years ago I made it a point to look up my best friend from HS. Turns out he died from a drug overdose a few days before I looked him up. I was really devastated. I went home and saw his family, but it was tough. It had been close to 20 years since we hung out but a part of me felt like it died with him.

I keep up with my college roommate and some friends from law school, but it's tough to stay in touch with people.

Wow, man. That was rough news. Sad

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel