What happens after these US elections?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2016, 10:29 AM
What happens after these US elections?
I am not quite sure where to post this but I think here fits best.

The question in the title is a bit simplyfied so let me explain what I mean.
Disclaimer first: I am not a US citizen but I did read up a little bit. Also of course the world is watching and so am I.

I've been thinking for a while that it probably won't matter at all who wins these next presidential elections because politics everywhere and especially in the US is lead by money and nothing else. It will be easier to keep the money flowing if Hillary Clinton wins of course and it will also be reasonable simple with that nutjob Trump. With Bernie it will be less simple but still it will be easy to pressure him and sooner or later he will have to give in or die mysteriously.
If I look at Obama when he just started out with all his great ideas and so on. Now he has grey hair, and it took almost no time. Nam'sayin.

Anyway since it doesn't really matter who wins the election (even with all the obvious try-hard fraud going on), how much longer will US citizens just take it?
I was watching a video of Anonymous (they pop up once in a blue moon on my feed and this time I clicked it). And basically they die make the point that you (general you) cannot just sit and watch this anymore. That a type of rebellion or revolution needs to happen. They are clear on the fact that it doesn't have to be a bloody revolution but they are clear on the fact that one is needed. I actually agree because at the moment politicians do whatever they want and it is not good (duh cpt obvious). The world is watching, I say it again. And the world is going to copy what is happening in the US as they have for a long time.

My worry though is that US citicens may just be too afraid. They are, seen from the outside perspective here, kept in a constant feel of fear. Fear to loose freedom, fear of war coming to the US, fear of loss of prosperity, fear of loss of comfort, fear of so many things. It starts in preschool. Brain washing on such a big scale, it's scary.
So I do understand there are many smart US citizens and US freethinkers out there. But are they enough to make a very needed change? Are they loud enough to awaken the people too scared to think?
After all the school system over there does keep people educated enough to function but uneducated enough to just swallow all the lies they are being told.

You know what I mean? Like how will things continue after these elections? Does Bernie have a chance? Some say, "yes keep voting", some say "no, there is too much fraud." For some reason citizense of the US are not being outraged and demand to redo the votes that have been messed with and to make things right. Would it cost a lot of money? Hell yes it would? Would it be worth to have it redone and get the counts right and have an actual democrazy? Hell yes it would. I don't understand what the people are waiting for.

Maybe I am ignorant of some key factors and if I am, then please explain. For now I am just baffled how this can happen so openly and unhidden and it is just being swallowed.

So now that I explained what I mean, feel free to answer the question in the title.

Greeting from a very puzzled Leela.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
27-06-2016, 10:38 AM
RE: What happens after these US elections?
The world experiences more chaos. America invades yet another nation and we all suffer.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
27-06-2016, 10:58 AM
What happens after the elections???

The same shit that happens before.........

If you're a young person - you probably take the "This is the MOST important election of our lifetime" at face value--- I asked my dad - who's 85 years old - if he'd ever seen an election where they DIDN'T say that --- and he said "Nope --- it's ALWAYS the most important..... and it is -- to the subhuman scumbags that are looking to get elected..."

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
27-06-2016, 11:09 AM
Thinking back over the elections when I became old enough to vote I have to say I am more and more disillusioned by the process.

The whole damn thing is such a carnival atmosphere...and it's devolved in recent years to a cheap carny atmosphere.

The president (whoever it is) really can't do a whole lot without backing in the house and senate so who gets elected or reelected or remains seated there has a lot to do with what happens. If congress is mostly the party opposite the president then a lot of bitching gets done and that's about it. There is way too much us against them crap that goes on.

From what I can see the biggest influence of the president comes in the form of who he places in certain high-level cabinet seats or if s/he has input on the placement of a Supreme Court justice.

Much stays the same. It's mostly the same play with different actors.

Like I said, I have become disillusioned with the whole process.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
27-06-2016, 11:25 AM
(27-06-2016 11:09 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Thinking back over the elections when I became old enough to vote I have to say I am more and more disillusioned by the process.

The whole damn thing is such a carnival atmosphere...and it's devolved in recent years to a cheap carny atmosphere.

The president (whoever it is) really can't do a whole lot without backing in the house and senate so who gets elected or reelected or remains seated there has a lot to do with what happens. If congress is mostly the party opposite the president then a lot of bitching gets done and that's about it. There is way too much us against them crap that goes on.

From what I can see the biggest influence of the president comes in the form of who he places in certain high-level cabinet seats or if s/he has input on the placement of a Supreme Court justice.

Much stays the same. It's mostly the same play with different actors.

Like I said, I have become disillusioned with the whole process.

This...

You have no idea how many elections there have been that I truly just flipped a coin.

Nothing in our country really ever changes -- yes, my view is cynical.

I'm not overly fussed about president, I'm more fussed about congress and the senate. That's where the real power is. We trot out the horse and pony show every four years and it's kinda meaningless.

And the process has been extended...which is the same thing tv shows now do -- when they divide up the "final season" of a popular show to drag it out over a couple seasons, knowing fans will watch it. Our political process has become a news version of a reality show.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-06-2016, 11:30 AM
(27-06-2016 11:25 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And the process has been extended...which is the same thing tv shows now do -- when they divide up the "final season" of a popular show to drag it out over a couple seasons, knowing fans will watch it. Our political process has become a news version of a reality show.

It's hard to believe there is something more horrible, long, and brutal than the NBA season and playoffs. Tongue ...or NASCAR season.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-06-2016, 12:39 PM
@ onlinebiker: I am not sure how this is an answer to my relatively complex question. I am also not sure what age has to do with a very valid question? But to answer that one, no I am not a young person.

@ Anjele & Momsurroundedbyboys: This is exactly what I am wondering. I get that at some point you stopped caring because maybe you feel like your vote doesn't make an actual difference or maybe because you feel like you cannot make a change anyway, etc. Believe me I know the feeling, it is one of the reasons I migrated to Ireland. But speaking from your own perspective, what would be needed for you to say "ok enough is enough, I am going to <insert revolutionary statement here>" ?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
27-06-2016, 01:16 PM
If Hillary wins, then the conservatives and law enforcement will call for a constitutional convention charging that the political system is irreversibly corrupt.

If Trump wins, then Hillary will be prosecuted for the crimes that she is being investigated for, and we will have that trial of the century that we did not go through with President Nixon - ultimately exposing that the political system is irreversibly corrupt and that a more orderly constitution needs to be commissioned which better organizes the law.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
27-06-2016, 01:17 PM
I would like to see The Electoral College done away with and a life in upper politics not be so lucrative.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-06-2016, 01:18 PM
(27-06-2016 11:25 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Our political process has become a news version of a reality show.

It always has been a reality show, you just did not understand it to be that.

If it wasn't, then what is/was the more pure description of it???

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool