What happens after these US elections?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2016, 04:26 PM
RE: What happens after these US elections?
(27-06-2016 02:41 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I think you have a long ways to go before you can think about being friends with me - I am not going to learn anything I need to get through life from you, and I do not think you are going to be a credible sponsor for me.

Speaking as your long time friend brother, you can use all the friends you can get.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-06-2016, 04:30 PM
Hillary wins and Texas starts a violent insurrection too stupid to realize they are surrounded on all sides, their air force consists of crop dusters, their navy consists of a bunch of shrimp boats, their army consists of a bunch of trigger happy crazies, and Little Finger is not coming to help. Mexico already kicked their ass once.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
27-06-2016, 05:10 PM
What I expect to happen after the election: I expect that the Donald will win, but not legally, and that after becoming president will mess up the USA worse than Hitler did Germany. His rabid followers will want to invade Mexico and take it over. I've heard a group talking and they didn't know the diffidence between a Mexican and a Muslim, they are all brown dirty humans that have no place in America. I am glad that I am 70 years old and expect that my Social Security checks will keep flowing as long as I need them, but it looks scary for my kids and grand kids and even my 3 great grand kids. Dog bless America!
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
27-06-2016, 05:20 PM
What will happen?

No matter who wins, there will be lots of bitching, braying, and watching of TV.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
27-06-2016, 05:27 PM
(27-06-2016 04:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Hillary wins and Texas starts a violent insurrection too stupid to realize they are surrounded on all sides, their air force consists of crop dusters, their navy consists of a bunch of shrimp boats, their army consists of a bunch of trigger happy crazies, and Little Finger is not coming to help. Mexico already kicked their ass once.

C'mon...quit bashing on Texas...it's not all bad. I'm here, EA and Rev are here, Thump is here...cut us some slack. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-06-2016, 05:42 PM
(27-06-2016 05:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 04:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Hillary wins and Texas starts a violent insurrection too stupid to realize they are surrounded on all sides, their air force consists of crop dusters, their navy consists of a bunch of shrimp boats, their army consists of a bunch of trigger happy crazies, and Little Finger is not coming to help. Mexico already kicked their ass once.

C'mon...quit bashing on Texas...it's not all bad. I'm here, ...
You're there because you couldn't tolerate the extreme politics in SC.

(27-06-2016 05:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  EA and Rev are here,
Escape Artist is there because she was in a sub basement of the Koresh Compound when shit went down and nobody found her in the debris. The last contact I had from Rev was "Help! I'm chained up in something that looks like some sorta sub basement."

(27-06-2016 05:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thump is here...cut us some slack. Sadcryface
Thump is trying to influence the State from the inside. He gonna die.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-06-2016, 06:26 PM
(27-06-2016 04:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Speaking as your long time friend brother, you can use all the friends you can get.

My campaign includes semantic adjustments of sacred words to atheists, and as you know, atheists are not to keen on that. I am not going to back down and pander to atheists for support in this manner - they have to change their thinking to the correct reasoning.

Furthermore, I am campaigning for a new constitutional system. Thus far, atheists do not question the integrity of the constitution - atheists believe they interpret it more accurately than the Christians, and that it is the proper way to guide the society. I believe atheists behold to the political charter system, just as ignorantly as the Christians behold the Bible for guiding society.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
27-06-2016, 06:45 PM
When Hillary wins the election, nothing much will change for non US citizens and the most important thing that will change for US citizens will be the solidification of a more progressive SCOTUS with the next three nominations.

The president only has so much power and that is a good thing no matter who is president. Our system is set up with checks and balances because too much power for anyone is a bad or very bad thing. The government will continue to run as always and the arguing will continue, some progress will made on some issues and some back sliding on others. There will be a lot of firsts with a woman leading the nation and that will make the news a lot but for all that she'll be just a figurehead like every other president. They just don't have much sole power without the House, Senate and Congress, that is where the power struggle is the most effective or debilitating, depending on what's going on and who's in majority.

The stand-off that President Obama has worked against will be twice as strong against Hillary. One of their main objectives is to make sure we don't elect another black man or another woman (when she wins). No one likes to admit it but the "good ole' boy rule" still reigns and they do not want to give it up and they still do have a lot of power. It is being bled off by the stupid spewing Trump but make no mistake they will rally.

So basically, much will remain the status quo. Lots of BS, shouting, name calling and glad handing to gain favors but life goes on and so do we. ...and so the pendulum swings again.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
27-06-2016, 06:53 PM
The powers are not divided properly. The president's control of the Department of Justice is the obvious error. The Congress members do not have the time to do the investigations of the president, and cabinet, necessary for prosecution.

Your elementary school description of an impeachment trial is for a bygone era - way before most criminal investigation techniques were developed.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
27-06-2016, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2016 07:16 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-06-2016 06:26 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 04:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Speaking as your long time friend brother, you can use all the friends you can get.

My campaign includes semantic adjustments of sacred words to atheists, and as you know, atheists are not to keen on that. I am not going to back down and pander to atheists for support in this manner - they have to change their thinking to the correct reasoning.

Furthermore, I am campaigning for a new constitutional system. Thus far, atheists do not question the integrity of the constitution - atheists believe they interpret it more accurately than the Christians, and that it is the proper way to guide the society. I believe atheists behold to the political charter system, just as ignorantly as the Christians behold the Bible for guiding society.

Dude. I think you were better off addressing knowledge management. You don't have the credentials and you don't have the education but you got the instincts. I'm currently working a research project trying to tie Computer Science knowledge representation to Library Science. Knowledge engineers talk about how they wish they could establish theoretical ontological foundations for what they are trying to achieve. Girly say, "Uh, library science has a couple thousand years head start on you." "You mean like the Dewey Decimal System?" Facepalm Wanna be a coauthor?

Can't do anything on politics. Hatch Act and all that.