What happens after these US elections?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2016, 12:53 AM
RE: What happens after these US elections?
I am very proud of what I have done for mankind.

Nobody else seems interested in the pursuit that I conquered.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TrainWreck's post
29-06-2016, 09:34 AM
(28-06-2016 01:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The reason, when it comes down to general elections for president, an example might be that my vote only counts toward the state I live in.

The president isn't elected solely by popular vote -- where every single vote does count for something. Usually the popular vote goes in line with electoral college but there are times it doesn't reflect the people.

My state could have an unprecedented 100% voter turnout and 100% could vote for for the same candidate (say Clinton) and yes I know that would never happen but go with it...

We'd still only receive a max of 7 votes for our state (based on our population).

I see. So the voting system is kinda bugged. If the state has a maximum of votes instead of every vote to count. Or?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
29-06-2016, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2016 10:24 AM by TrainWreck.)
The states are "weighted" by population - the theory being to prevent the abundantly populated districts from commandeering the government(s) of the sparsely populated districts.

It somewhat appears that the recent Brexit was a situation of the opposite - the EU was commandeering a heavily populated district. And there are political grievances that the USA federal government is doing that to some states.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
29-06-2016, 11:45 AM
(29-06-2016 09:34 AM)Leela Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 01:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The reason, when it comes down to general elections for president, an example might be that my vote only counts toward the state I live in.

The president isn't elected solely by popular vote -- where every single vote does count for something. Usually the popular vote goes in line with electoral college but there are times it doesn't reflect the people.

My state could have an unprecedented 100% voter turnout and 100% could vote for for the same candidate (say Clinton) and yes I know that would never happen but go with it...

We'd still only receive a max of 7 votes for our state (based on our population).

I see. So the voting system is kinda bugged. If the state has a maximum of votes instead of every vote to count. Or?

That's it, basically. Each state is allotted so many electoral votes based on their population, California has the most, with 55 and places like Washington DC (Alaska, South Dakota, Vermont, Wyoming) receive only 3 votes. Everyone else falls somewhere in the middle.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

29-06-2016, 11:53 AM
(29-06-2016 12:53 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I am very proud of what I have done for mankind.

I respect the effort. But as I've told you before you must reconcile it with thousands of years of library science before you will be credible. How is your knowledge organization and ontology superior to say, the Dewey Decimal System?

#sigh
29-06-2016, 12:09 PM
(29-06-2016 11:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 12:53 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I am very proud of what I have done for mankind.

I respect the effort. But as I've told you before you must reconcile it with thousands of years of library science before you will be credible. How is your knowledge organization and ontology superior to say, the Dewey Decimal System?

What did he do for mankind again ?
I seem to have missed that part.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-06-2016, 03:38 PM
(29-06-2016 12:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 11:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I respect the effort. But as I've told you before you must reconcile it with thousands of years of library science before you will be credible. How is your knowledge organization and ontology superior to say, the Dewey Decimal System?

What did he do for mankind again ?
I seem to have missed that part.

His main contribution has been to demonstrate how to effectively scavenge society. That's a useful skill.

#sigh
29-06-2016, 08:51 PM
(29-06-2016 12:26 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I do not know what it is you are thinking in allowing everybody to vote on every legislation, but that will never happen.
For fuck sake....
1.) I never claimed that every single person should vote on every single piece of legislation, because that's not how the American system of representative democracy works.
2.) You do not even understand what my criticism of your plan to intentionally suppress the voting rights of minorities and the poor is.. You idiot.

(29-06-2016 12:26 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  there is just no way a just society can allow welfare recipients to vote on foreign policy - that would be absurd.
What makes a person on welfare unqualified to vote on any issue but simultaneously qualifies him to write an entire new constitution?

(29-06-2016 12:26 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I do not think you understand the operations of the government as indepth as I do.
You continue to demonstrate you don't know anything substantive about the subject at all.

(29-06-2016 12:26 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I'm a very special case.
Again, outside of the most pejorative of use of the word "special", you continue to display that you are anything but. You are ignorant, racist, uneducated, dishonest, and a failure, none of which are special.

(29-06-2016 12:26 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  You are going to need to find a whole bunch more "miracle" welfare babies to justify your claim that I am the result of the system -
I have never claimed that I think you are the result of "the system". I think that you are a result of stupidity, gross incompetence, systemic failure, laziness, and a desire to present yourself as a better and more productive than you DEMONSTRABLY are.

(29-06-2016 12:26 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I am going to claim that I had the intelligence to take advantage of what the system offered.
And I don't buy that line of shit either. You didn't have the intelligence to take advantage of academia and higher education, you failed in that area. Twice.
You want to sell this idea that "Naw man like...I'm on welfare because America NEEDS me to be on welfare., only I can save us!" which I view as nothing but an attempt by you to rationalize the fact that you think you are so smart and so special yet you are a 51(ish) year old man with no education, no qualifications, no ability to hold a job or a residence, and no fucking accomplishments of any kind.

You are on welfare because you are a failure and for no other reason.

(29-06-2016 12:26 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I and everyone else with a fucking brain can see that the ghetto dwellers are a burden on society.
And there we have it folks, I called it. Laws specifically designed to target poor people and blacks. No equal protection under the law.
You have a simplistic view of poverty among African-Americans, and you're too stupid to get a say on the topic. A fact you have proven repeatedly.

(29-06-2016 12:26 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I am a special case who can prove that he is not
Except that you have done the opposite again and again. You are a failure Robbie.

(29-06-2016 12:26 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  you need what I got to get where you want society to go.
You don't have a fucking clue where I think society should go, as I've never told you. That said I most certainly do not need advice on how to fix society from a man who fails at every level of society: economically, socially, academically, and every other level.

(29-06-2016 12:26 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  You're fucked-up thinking that that is the way to lead them out of poverty - just fucked-up stupid
I have not told you how I think we would go about dealing with poverty in America, and you think that systematically suppressing their right to vote will lead them out of poverty so you get to shut your mouth with two counts of being a fucking idiot.
[Image: stupid.gif?w=650]

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
29-06-2016, 08:52 PM

Which is nothing at all.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
30-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Introducing to the more responsible people; the possibility of reorganizing the most vile deceitful racist government the world has ever endured, is all I have to do.