What happens if a country goes bankrupt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2012, 03:54 PM
RE: What happens if a country goes bankrupt
(20-09-2012 03:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 01:24 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  And, a new constitutional system is neccessary to corect it in accordance with our Western Philosophical faith in explicit social contracts.
It's more likely that you will win the jackpot in the lottery than that the U.S. consititution will be revised. Laughat

It's been revised many times. They're called "Amendments". Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-09-2012, 04:51 PM
(20-09-2012 03:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  It's been revised many times. They're called "Amendments". Drinking Beverage
I think we're working with different definitions of the word "revised". Consider
Find all posts by this user
27-09-2012, 04:44 AM
It depends on what country goes bankrupt. In many cases the U.S. goes out it its' way to print more money and send billions to the corrupt powers that caused the bankruptcy in the first place. Since we are talking about the U.S. going bankrupt though, the government has 2 choices. 1.) Completely sell out and offer up our country in exchange for the politicians (the ones that put us in this mess) having power in whatever county/government takes us over. or 2.) Tell the ones we owe money to, to piss off. Declare we don't owe anything and hope it doesn't start a war. I am thinking they will go with option one. For all we know this whole thing of the government/google watching everything we do, it is so our new masters know what they are getting.
29-09-2012, 09:55 AM
(22-09-2012 04:51 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 03:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  It's been revised many times. They're called "Amendments". Drinking Beverage
I think we're working with different definitions of the word "revised". Consider

Total Recall Remake "revised" or Borderlands to Borderlands 2 revised?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
29-09-2012, 10:46 AM
If a country gets deeply into debt to some world bank, they appoint a prime minister that works for the bank. Goldman Sachs specializes in such takeovers.
This non-elected politician then starts with austerity measures, despite of citizen protests. Austerity measures slow down the economy and make the country go even deeper into debt, which makes the bank even richer and perhaps allows it to appoint another bank representative without bothering with democratic elections.

As for USA and China, you might want to watch videos from White House, if there isn't suddenly more Asiats.

Oh actually, it's USA we're talking about. In this case, the Congress will pass a 76th resolution of not paying the debt. Alternatively, the Federal reserve bank will print or digitally generate the dollars.
At the very most, Americans might offer China some newly "liberated" areas in Iraq and Afghanistan.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
29-09-2012, 11:53 AM
(29-09-2012 09:55 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(22-09-2012 04:51 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I think we're working with different definitions of the word "revised". Consider
Total Recall Remake "revised" or Borderlands to Borderlands 2 revised?

Leave it to the atheists to continue the circular logic of an inefficient social organization by believing in the perfection of the cultural doctrines.

Weeping

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
29-09-2012, 12:19 PM
(29-09-2012 11:53 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(29-09-2012 09:55 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Total Recall Remake "revised" or Borderlands to Borderlands 2 revised?

Leave it to the atheists to continue the circular logic of an inefficient social organization by believing in the perfection of the cultural doctrines.

Weeping

Leave it to a fucktard to make no coherent sense.

[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
01-10-2012, 12:51 PM
(29-09-2012 12:19 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Leave it to a fucktard to make no coherent sense.

Please forgive me, I so want to impress you. I am very confident that I am right, and that you have no way of understanding because of the margin of human error that can be attributed to "theist power" maintaining a poor standard of logic that you, and the rest of atheism, have failed to specifically detect as inadequate and detrimental to the better evolution of Mankind, and subsequently have failed to offer the solution to the specific problem.

You are right that theism is detrimental to the better evolution of Mankind, but you are doubly wrong for not recognizing how to fix the problem in accordance with the atheists belief in the power of reason.

Obviously, the arguments against belief in gods are not enough, atheists should be compelled to progress the development of intellectual property that would enhance the education of people and their understanding of how society "works."

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
01-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Lolwut? You are getting all of this out of a comment I made about how the constitution is to be revised? And you conclude all of this without the same human error you accuse us of possessing?

Please bitch, the psyche ward is right down the corner. I am done playing nice with you.

02-10-2012, 09:32 AM
(01-10-2012 02:29 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Lolwut? You are getting all of this out of a comment I made about how the constitution is to be revised? And you conclude all of this without the same human error you accuse us of possessing?

My grappling with the margin of human error is not as that of your struggle - I recognize some errors and offer the desrciption of the error and a possible solution.

And should my solution be in error the attempt at pursuing the solution should reveal the better solution to be pursued.

I suggest that the U.S. Constitution is inadequate for the modern society, and the solution is to draft a constitution more appropriate for the more developed sophisticated society - how could you possibly believe that is wrong?