What happens in the human who becomes the false atheist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2017, 04:05 PM
RE: What happens in the human who becomes the false atheist?
(05-03-2017 04:01 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 03:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  That's okay...I have even tried to break a few of the sentences down...and still don't know what is going on. I think theBorg blew a fuse.

To translate, Borg doesn't believe atheists are honest. He thinks the truth has deserted us because of our sins, and that we are mere robots of Satan. He says that makes us Satanists rather than mere unbelievers, and that we are really intent on destroying what is good and true because of our hatred.

You are one of them, aren't you? Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
05-03-2017, 04:08 PM
(05-03-2017 04:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You are one of them, aren't you?

I'm not a false atheist, I'm an honest atheist -- someone Borg apparently doesn't believe can exist. I guess it's just as well I no longer depend on people like him for validation.
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
05-03-2017, 04:11 PM
(05-03-2017 04:08 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 04:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You are one of them, aren't you?

I'm not a false atheist, I'm an honest atheist -- someone Borg apparently doesn't believe can exist. I guess it's just as well I no longer depend on people like him for validation.

them> Borgs

Just being a smartass since you seem to understand his language. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
05-03-2017, 04:16 PM
(05-03-2017 04:01 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 03:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  That's okay...I have even tried to break a few of the sentences down...and still don't know what is going on. I think theBorg blew a fuse.

To translate, Borg doesn't believe atheists are honest. He thinks the truth has deserted us because of our sins, and that we are mere robots of Satan. He says that makes us Satanists rather than mere unbelievers, and that we are really intent on destroying what is good and true because of our hatred.

[+] 8 users Like Mathilda's post
05-03-2017, 04:21 PM
(05-03-2017 04:01 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  To translate, Borg doesn't believe atheists are honest. He thinks the truth has deserted us because of our sins, and that we are mere robots of Satan. He says that makes us Satanists rather than mere unbelievers, and that we are really intent on destroying what is good and true because of our hatred.
Yeah that's probably not a bad translation. To the extent you can bring order to such chaotic thinking. I don't think it's worthy of the effort however.

I put on my rusty editor's hat and tried to fix the bad grammar and non-sequiturs and then I said to myself, "self, why are you bothering? This guy isn't listening, he's just spouting".

Actually he fits my criteria for blocking, he's just kind of amusing in the short term but is destined for the bit bucket.
[+] 3 users Like mordant's post
05-03-2017, 04:22 PM
Wasn't there talk about Borg being a Poe/Troll in the banning thread?

Obviously still kicking with an impressive rep of -41. I may be adding to this, since he trolled AF too.
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
05-03-2017, 06:43 PM
(05-03-2017 04:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  them> Borgs

Yeah, I considered responding to that interpretation but I wasn't sure what you really intended.

As far as "understanding the language", from my long experiences trying to make sense of theistic assumptions I could probably defend them much better than many theists. Not that I'd want to, of course....

No
05-03-2017, 07:53 PM
(05-03-2017 01:51 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The Holy Jesus Christ is the Almighty Judge of what is right and what is wrong.

A god that condones Slavery, doesn't know the difference between "what is right and what is wrong."

Ephesians 6:5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.

1 Timothy 6:1-2 Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them.

Luke 12:47-48 The slave will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given.

The enemy numbered six hundred - including women and children - and we abolished them utterly, leaving not even a baby alive to cry for its dead mother. This is incomparably the greatest victory that was ever achieved by the Christian soldiers of the United States. -- Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like Mircea's post
05-03-2017, 08:07 PM
(05-03-2017 01:51 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The Holy Jesus Christ is the Almighty Judge of what is right and what is wrong. Through the sins the Jesus lefts the soul. Then the false becomes right with total indifference. Latter is possible in the robot with dead soul. The commander of this machine is satan: robot listens to the heart, but there is no Jesus, but a demon inside. The false atheism is death.

The false atheism is not Atheism, because of falsity. Some false atheists call themselves “Atheists” to confuse the Christians. Many false atheists are pagans, satanists, adventists, etc.

The false atheists are destroying themselves and the Real Things, but can cooperate to destroy some good thing. The Atheism is the blessed hatred against the sins, lies and idols – against the death of the souls.

Oh yeah?

Well, colorless green ideas sleep furiously!

SO THERE! Angry
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post
05-03-2017, 08:27 PM
I don't see how anyone can be a "false" atheist if they just simply don't believe in a God or Gods, they can be a pagan or a Buddhist or a Wiccan or whatever the fuck you want as long you as you don't believe in a God. The word "atheist" is just a label, many people can be atheist and not even realize it just because no one ever told them about Gods but maybe they worship the Earth and the Moon, so they may be a Pagan but also an atheist, that is not false at all.

There is no requirements to be atheist, you don't need to read Hitchens and watch the Sagan version of Cosmos, you can be anyone and hold many spiritual beliefs outside of a God based system.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post