What happens to "legal" marijuana

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2016, 10:03 AM
What happens to "legal" marijuana
In 2013, Obama sent a letter to the U.S. Attorney's in every state informing them that his administration will not enforce federal marijuana laws on those states that decide to regulate marijuana.

Trump had vowed to undo Obama's executive actions and orders.

I'm interested to see if he will continue this path or if he'll have all of the pot shops raided and shut down. Some people spent their life savings opening shops in Washington and Colorado and they could be out of business very shortly.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: What happens to "legal" marijuana
Considering that Trump must be high to say half the shit he says I think we're going to see advances on that front. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
15-11-2016, 10:19 AM
The genie is out of the bottle. I'd be almost impossible to go backwards on this. Too much money is being made by everyone, including the states where it's legal. We have two canibus stores within walking distance of our house. They used to be banks.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-11-2016, 10:25 AM
He may formally turn it over to the states. I think somewhere along the line I heard him say that he thinks the states should be more responsible for their own stuff. Not that the possible fact that he said that means anything.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-11-2016, 10:27 AM
(15-11-2016 10:25 AM)Dom Wrote:  He may formally turn it over to the states. I think somewhere along the line I heard him say that he thinks the states should be more responsible for their own stuff. Not that the possible fact that he said that means anything.

He might, or he might appoint someone totally against all drugs to head the DEA and nothing will change, except even stricter drug enforcement.
15-11-2016, 10:27 AM
(15-11-2016 10:19 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The genie is out of the bottle. I'd be almost impossible to go backwards on this. Too much money is being made by everyone, including the states where it's legal. We have two canibus stores within walking distance of our house. They used to be banks.

Why? 10 DEA agents could shut down every pot shop in a week. It wouldn't take much time. All they'd really need to do is send a letter. "As Marijuana remains a Schedule 1 drug, your business is illegal and must be shut down immediately. DEA agents will stop by next week to confirm your closure."

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
15-11-2016, 10:35 AM
Cannabis has been very good to the rural, republican south of Oregon, too. People are warming up to it - as no ill consequences have occurred and the small cities and towns are now starting to collect taxes. That means less tax levies on everyone, and people here appreciate that - a lot!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-11-2016, 11:05 AM
(15-11-2016 10:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  Cannabis has been very good to the rural, republican south of Oregon, too. People are warming up to it - as no ill consequences have occurred and the small cities and towns are now starting to collect taxes. That means less tax levies on everyone, and people here appreciate that - a lot!

This ^^

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-11-2016, 11:06 AM
I don't think Trump gives a shit about weed anymore than he gives a shit about Caitlyn using the women's room. i think the Republicans may be in for a surprise when they try to pass half their shit through. Especially since Trump's gotta get back at most of Congress for dicking with him during the campaign.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-11-2016, 11:10 AM
(15-11-2016 11:06 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't think Trump gives a shit about weed anymore than he gives a shit about Caitlyn using the women's room. i think the Republicans may be in for a surprise when they try to pass half their shit through. Especially since Trump's gotta get back at most of Congress for dicking with him during the campaign.

That would be hilarious. "How do you like me now, motherfuckers?"
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post