What happens to people with tats!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2015, 06:07 AM
RE: What happens to people with tats!
One guy I knew from Kodiak AK --- he was a silversmith - specializing in rings and bracelets and broaches... I have a ring he did for me. (never wear it) He did tats as a sideline.

He once told me "There's two kinds of tattoo artists -- those that can do it, freehand -- and those that use transfers. A freehand guy is an artist - and can do his artwork on a wall, a canvas or even a fucking can of beer. A transfer "artist" is a guy who spent too much time with coloring books as a kid"...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
15-09-2015, 06:20 AM
Fucking Biker. Laugh out load

I use transfers for the outline because skin stretches and moves, but no one has ever accused me of not being an artist. Big Grin

Also do freehand. Unless it's Gwynnies - 'cause I'm totally anal about my Gwynnies being precisely Gwynnies.

And yeah, I can make art out of nearly* everything.

* just to be safe

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-09-2015, 08:05 AM
(14-09-2015 08:29 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 05:27 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  If I were to get a tattoo it would absolutely be Felix the Cat.

Here you go:

[Image: a8c55.jpg]

It would be face only, front-on. Felix was always my favorite comic book as a kid. And there's a lot of white space, meaning less ink and less needle-poking.

Do you folks know how they get the ink for jailhouse tattoos? They burn Bibles. That super-thin Bible paper has a higher ratio of ink to ash than other books. And there's always a Bible available. The Gideons see to that. When I was in Jail in North Dakota I saw two types of tattoos: More common on American Indians were tattoos that looked like meaningless scribbles. More common on Mexicans were really beautiful full-color works of art. I also saw the scribble tattoos on some homeless men when I worked at the homeless shelter.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 1 user Likes daniel1948's post
15-09-2015, 09:38 AM
(15-09-2015 06:20 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Fucking Biker. Laugh out load

I use transfers for the outline because skin stretches and moves, but no one has ever accused me of not being an artist. Big Grin

Also do freehand. Unless it's Gwynnies - 'cause I'm totally anal about my Gwynnies being precisely Gwynnies.

And yeah, I can make art out of nearly* everything.

* just to be safe
I you do the artwork onto a transfer - it's still YOUR artwork -- the transfer's just another helpful tool....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-09-2015, 09:42 AM
(15-09-2015 08:05 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  Do you folks know how they get the ink for jailhouse tattoos? They burn Bibles. That super-thin Bible paper has a higher ratio of ink to ash than other books.

My Gwynnies is made of melted chess pieces. Laugh out load

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-09-2015, 11:27 AM
(14-09-2015 07:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  SOME tattoos are sexy as hell. Do what makes you happy.

I submit the following into evidence:

[Image: terrible-tattoos-23.jpg]

[Image: some-terrible-tattoos_34.jpg]

[Image: Terrible-tattoo-awards-2013-couple-portrait1.jpg]

[Image: 7SWcH.png]

[Image: terrible_tattoos_640_03.jpg]

[Image: terrible-tattoos-25.jpg]

[Image: 25-terrible-tattoos.jpg]

[Image: th?id=JN.S6SDFe2ETS4nbd5V%2flhTug&am...mp;amp;P=0]

[Image: th?id=JN.aTVdJA8T2Tc55pNJ55VIag&...;amp;h=300]

[Image: terrible-tattoos-14.png]

[Image: th?id=JN.yH3pDqYHKpFim08Zc1qvzA&...;amp;h=300]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
15-09-2015, 11:45 AM
I'd never get a Walmart tattoo. Target maybe.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
15-09-2015, 02:19 PM
It would be interesting to know where the disgust for tats came from re: biblical perspective. I think it is because it is viewed by some that you are "defiling" the body god gave you and making yourself less pure.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
15-09-2015, 02:27 PM
(15-09-2015 02:19 PM)jennybee Wrote:  It would be interesting to know where the disgust for tats came from re: biblical perspective. I think it is because it is viewed by some that you are "defiling" the body god gave you and making yourself less pure.

You might as well also ask - where is the fascination with putting ink under your skin????

The onus is on the proponent --

Just like it's unnecessary to disprove the existence of any gods -- it's unnecessary to disprove the logic of getting tattoos...

15-09-2015, 04:25 PM
(15-09-2015 02:27 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(15-09-2015 02:19 PM)jennybee Wrote:  It would be interesting to know where the disgust for tats came from re: biblical perspective. I think it is because it is viewed by some that you are "defiling" the body god gave you and making yourself less pure.

You might as well also ask - where is the fascination with putting ink under your skin????

The onus is on the proponent --

Just like it's unnecessary to disprove the existence of any gods -- it's unnecessary to disprove the logic of getting tattoos...

Fuck dude...if you don't want a tattoo, don't get one.

It's not like the people with tattoos are trying to force everyone to get one.

You have some odd, extreme hatred over ink.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF