What happens when your kids turn into Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2013, 05:17 AM
RE: What happens when your kids turn into Christians
(18-03-2013 09:08 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I would immediately and sincerely apologize to him for failing my responsibilities as a parent.
I was just gonna say this very thing. I'd feel that I had failed. Miserably.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2013, 07:44 PM
I would be disappointed if I failed to teach my children scepticism. I think atheism follows naturally from scepticism, but if the latter is reasonably well ingrained I'm less concerned about the former.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
20-03-2013, 12:54 AM
Their choice. If they tried anything stupid like converting Daddy I'd ask a few awkward questions, but as long as they mind their own business...
20-03-2013, 01:58 AM
Then is my turn to go visit whoever is trying to brainwash them and let them know I don't want them to do that, and that I will always suspect that people like them are perverts. So "get away from my son psycho".

I doubt that is going to happen tho. I will always teach him to seek truth and see the bullshit as bullshit.

After he is 18, he can do as he wishes without having to listen to the ol'man shit.

If he becomes a new born or some shit like that, he will do it knowing that I will laugh at him.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2013, 03:58 PM
I'd do my best to inquire, but not to make a big deal out of it. If the kid loves freedom, he'll get out of anything that is limiting and my job is not to stand in the way, like "I told you." If I did, the child could not put Christianity down without losing a face.
22-03-2013, 04:35 PM
(18-03-2013 09:08 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I would immediately and sincerely apologize to him for failing my responsibilities as a parent.

Ditto. My kids are my legacy. I have some responsibility in that legacy.

Two daughters, 23 and 21. Both as non-believing as their mother. Almost as non-believing as I. At least one has picked up her mother's belief in ghosts/spirit. I try not to confront this. I have in the past and it causes stress with the wife. Best left alone for now.