What hobbies do you like to do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2016, 05:46 PM
RE: What hobbies do you like to do?
(26-07-2016 05:23 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I take clarinet lessons and play regular clarinet, alto clarinet, alto saxophone and sometimes piano in various community concert bands. This fall I'm going to join a beginner-level band on Saturday morning to work up some flute as well.

I used to participate in National Novel Writing Month, but haven't been writing as much in the last few years.

Very sporadic artwork, currently mostly pen doodles or farting around in Photoshop, but I did a couple of major projects (a large sculpture and an acrylic painting) in the early 2000s.

A bit of sewing and knitting now and then.

And I have a garden to tend and a house to renovate. Here are a few things I've designed in the past couple of years:

[Image: clock%2Band%2Bcounter.JPG]

[Image: sink.JPG]

[Image: showerhead.JPG]

Well done. I had a job as a swimming pool tiler as a kid.

Anyway.

I have a hobby preparing for another hobby. That hobby was getting every tool I need to make models. The last thing is an air hose to plug my airbrush into my compressor.

Then I will make models again. Mostly aircraft but I have two ships and two cars in my old stash.

Other than that I like to read and get on the forum.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
26-07-2016, 06:19 PM
Mountaineering
Foraging
Studying foreign languages
Shooting (recently staeted getting into 3 gun, which is now becoming somewhat popular in Canada too)
Martial arts / combat sports. Currently doing Krav Maga and BJJ, have done san da (Chinese kickboxing) in the past
Getting more into gardening, both conventional and forrest gardening, now that I have space in my yard at the new house and a large wooded plot at my future vacation/retirement home which I still have to build.

Plenty to keep me busy Smile

'Murican Canadian
26-07-2016, 10:03 PM
Designing and building things. I have pictures in other threads.
Cooking
Camping and exploring, taking the back roads, hanging out on the beach ( a cold mofo here in the great PNW Tongue )
Playing cards with family and friends.
26-07-2016, 10:22 PM
Reading
Board Games
Building in Minecraft
Watching Lets Plays and listening to Podcasts

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2016, 11:27 PM
Im too poor to have hobbies.
Instead I sit in my own juices and plot the next evolutionary phase of the human race as my personal slaves.

[Image: oscar.png]
26-07-2016, 11:34 PM
(26-07-2016 11:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Im too poor to have hobbies.
Instead I sit in my own juices and plot the next evolutionary phase of the human race as my personal slaves.

Yeah, that's more of a vocation than a hobby. Or maybe even a calling. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
27-07-2016, 12:28 AM
(26-07-2016 11:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Im too poor to have hobbies.

Well, that's something, I guess. It's better than just sitting around and.....oh, wait.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
27-07-2016, 01:19 AM
Paint miniatures. Video games. Watch t.v The usual

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
27-07-2016, 02:15 AM
(26-07-2016 04:43 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I play the piano, poker and I bowl. But lately I have been taking up arguing with Lord Dark Helmet.

Poker? I used to play semi pro. I gave it up when it came to the decision to make it my full time job or to give it up. I chose the comparably safer and lower stress option of a 9 to 5 job.
I sometimes wonder if it was a good decision, but it probably was.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
27-07-2016, 08:44 AM
My latest hobby is cycling. Before I really got into it, I simply had too much money Laugh out load. Then I started riding my bike every day, and I realized that this is a great hobby to pour all of my paychecks into. I started with a 100€ bike. Then I wanted a slight upgrade, so I bought a 2000€ bike. And of course you need the gear. But the gear didn't match so I lit the gear on fire because you don't wanna be caught dead looking like an uncultured swine. Now I have matching gear, but it's outdated. Fire. Now everything I own is the latest and greatest. At least until it's outdated again in three weeks. I love this hobby Facepalm

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 3 users Like izel's post