What i've notice about presuppositionalist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 03:24 PM
What i've notice about presuppositionalist
I've seen a pattern between these presuppositionalist. Take a look at the major ones I have seen today

Jason Lisle: He's an astrophysicist with a PhD. He is also a creationist. Isn't it weird that a creationist with a PhD uses this argument when he's around people that can debunking his lies about astrophysics for god. That's funny someone who can get his lies debunked by his peers uses this argument.Consider

Eric Hovind: He is the son of the infamous Kent Hovind. In fact many arguments Kent has used Eric uses as well. But Kent's claims have been debunked time and time again. That's funny someone who's claims have been debunked before he even used them like to use this argument.Consider

Sye ten: The one who restarted the whole thing. He has a whole lecture were he debunks every claim made by Christians trying to use evidence. This is because of the fact that those arguments have been debunked over and over again. Funny someone who is bringing back his argument has had his other proof of god debunked.

See the pattern? If not i'll tell you. All these men have had there claims on the subject of god debunked before and now they're running to this. Representational

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
29-01-2014, 07:32 PM
RE: What i've notice about presuppositionalist
You should post this on r/mildlyinteresting. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
29-01-2014, 08:14 PM
(29-01-2014 03:24 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I've seen a pattern between these presuppositionalist. Take a look at the major ones I have seen today

Jason Lisle: He's an astrophysicist with a PhD. He is also a creationist. Isn't it weird that a creationist with a PhD uses this argument when he's around people that can debunking his lies about astrophysics for god. That's funny someone who can get his lies debunked by his peers uses this argument.Consider

Eric Hovind: He is the son of the infamous Kent Hovind. In fact many arguments Kent has used Eric uses as well. But Kent's claims have been debunked time and time again. That's funny someone who's claims have been debunked before he even used them like to use this argument.Consider

Sye ten: The one who restarted the whole thing. He has a whole lecture were he debunks every claim made by Christians trying to use evidence. This is because of the fact that those arguments have been debunked over and over again. Funny someone who is bringing back his argument has had his other proof of god debunked.

See the pattern? If not i'll tell you. All these men have had there claims on the subject of god debunked before and now they're running to this. Representational

Agree ThePaleolithicFreethinker

For those not familiar with how to debunk presuppositionalists arguments they are a backdoor "free pass" to not require any evidence (which has all been debunked)

In any case - one weakness in presuppositionalists arguments is they automatically assume it is the Christian God and when I had some live debates with some presuppositionalists rather than arguing for atheism I accepted their points but AS A PLATONIST or spinozian pantheist ! They then have nothing to say ! They are left speechless and in a desperate position to become evidentialist - but that is an illegitimate move because any evidence they provide is debunked (its what they were trying to avoid)
The reason for this is due to some genuine philosophical problems with physicalism/materialism accounting for logic and universals - a VERY long historical debate between the universalists & Nominalists - and quite technical.
However if I accepted Platonism or Spinozism there is no notion of a personal God - and it is very far away from Christianity & Jesus - but such systems cannot be threatened by any presuppositionalists arguments.
(Reason for this is mathematics, rationality, reason etc are the foundation of such systems as Platonism - and they are also eternal (eg the eternal mathematical forms) - they don't need justification or any evidence - they utterly undercut any presuppositionalists Christian apologetic.

Of course a lay person on the street hearing presuppositionalists arguments for the first time is very vulnerable to word games and becoming bamboozled into conversion.
The best argument against this is a direct attack using a Euthyphro argument for logic and The Transcendental Argument for the Nonexistence of God
http://infidels.org/library/modern/micha.../tang.html

- if one bites the bullet the Christian end up rejecting all of morality, mathematics, logic & science as just being random arbitrary subjective, contingent whims of their God.

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
[+] 1 user Likes Baruch's post
29-01-2014, 08:20 PM
They use whatever they find to support their beliefs and if it fails they will do it again and again anyway.