What if Israel was destroyed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2012, 01:30 AM
What if Israel was destroyed?
Seeing as how many religions are based around Israel and its inhabitants, what would happen if Israel was utterly destroyed? And I don't mean conquered and razed, because then there's still a desire to rebuild and restore ownership to "its rightful people." I mean what if like a serious Earthquake tore the country apart or some natural occurrence happened or a meteorite slammed into it, turning it into a desolate crater? First off, I think Islam would see a swell in ranks, since clearly God has judged Israel to be worthy of destroying, validating the views of Muslims. But Islam would be the only one of the three Abrahamic religions to benefit, since Judaism and Christianity both believe that Israel and its people are God's chosen people and country.

So I guess I'm asking what would happen to the Abrahamic religions if the Holy Land became a smoldering, inhabitable wasteland?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2012, 02:37 AM
RE: What if Israel was destroyed?
(28-03-2012 01:30 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Seeing as how many religions are based around Israel and its inhabitants, what would happen if Israel was utterly destroyed? And I don't mean conquered and razed, because then there's still a desire to rebuild and restore ownership to "its rightful people." I mean what if like a serious Earthquake tore the country apart or some natural occurrence happened or a meteorite slammed into it, turning it into a desolate crater? First off, I think Islam would see a swell in ranks, since clearly God has judged Israel to be worthy of destroying, validating the views of Muslims. But Islam would be the only one of the three Abrahamic religions to benefit, since Judaism and Christianity both believe that Israel and its people are God's chosen people and country.

So I guess I'm asking what would happen to the Abrahamic religions if the Holy Land became a smoldering, inhabitable wasteland?
Jesus would appear in the clouds, rapture me and some of my friends and my dog into heaven, and I don't care what would happen to anyone else.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-03-2012, 02:52 AM
Don't you just love when you write something and then you restart your browser and now let's write it all again? ...

I think the Islamic countries (Islamic zealots, to be precise) would praise that event as the biggest event in the history of Islam, since the time Allah spoke to Mohamed.

But do not think that Islam would be the only religion, all other would
praise their God, as He has destroyed the wrong religion, obliterated
the blasphemers.

Even Christians, because we all know how modern Christians do not read history, or original Bible translations, but they only "follow" what they want to follow, and most of them do not consider Jewish people "The Chosen People", but they consider them the murderers of Christ. Most of the Christians would praise and celebrate that event as Gods revenge for betraying of Christ.

We, the atheists, would end up in mental institutions after listening
all that religious crap and praising millions of deaths, instead of
helping those that survive the "apocalypse"...

All this would destroy the sanity of all logical people, as well as all Jewish survivors, around the world.

It is horrible how people can take any event and use it prove the existence of "their" God and proclaim it "the will of God"...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
28-03-2012, 02:55 AM
In addition to what Filox said, I think there will be fundies out there who will say we are all being punished because we are unworthy of the kingdom of heaven, and when we all get our act together (probably by getting rid of homosexuals, feminists, and science) will Jesus return and make the land habitable again for those worthy of living in its glorious embrace.

PS: That entire reply was one sentence. I am the queen of run-on-sentences.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 2 users Like Smooshmonster's post
28-03-2012, 03:59 AM
I think the Christians would say God is angry at the gay people, and Fred Phelps would have a field day!

Yeah, Muslims everywhere would be dancing on the street. Thing is I doubt something like this would happen from natural causes. Unless nuclear war is natural. Israel definitely wouldn't go down without sending off their own parcels of joy and light.

Hopefully humanity will grow up before anything like that happens.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
28-03-2012, 06:06 AM
I think it would be sad that few million human beings were killed and/or displaced while some people, inexplicably, looked on with depraved indifference. This is a bizarre thread.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 3 users Like Ghost's post
28-03-2012, 06:34 AM
(28-03-2012 06:06 AM)Ghost Wrote:  I think it would be sad that few million human beings were killed and/or displaced while some people, inexplicably, looked on with depraved indifference. This is a bizarre thread.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt

Soooo, we can't talk about hypotheticals without properly mourning the deaths of those hypothetically involved? (I haven't slept yet so maybe I'm misunderstanding you) I was just curious as to what would happen to the 3 religions if their geographical foundation no longer existed. God constantly promises the world to the Israelites and claims that he will protect his chosen people, so if the complete opposite happens, maybe it would shake a few belief systems. Of course, it also might be a prophecy being fulfilled. God clearly kept his promise and took all the Israelites up to heaven with him with a well placed meteorite.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 4 users Like Buddy Christ's post
28-03-2012, 07:42 AM
About that meteorite, we just need to wait and see how this whole Israel-Iran thing unfolds... At the moment THIS is real threat to the whole world, WW3 and all that stuff. Not to mention decades of warfare in that "small" part of the world, even if it does not escalate further, which is unlikely, because of the allies both sides have...

So, while you were hypothetic about it, I see it as something that could happen in a few months or years, only by man's hand and stupidity, not by "God's intervention". Maybe a meteorite would stop centuries, even millenniums of further power struggle in that area? Horrible thing for me to say, but it is the truth and I am an asshole, so suck it!
Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
28-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Jesus's second coming would appear. Probably in several parts of the world.
28-03-2012, 10:28 AM
I think if israel was destroyed it would spark a lot of "holy wars" between many places in the middle east. I'm not sure exactly how it would pan out. But I think it would drive a lot of "by the power of god given right" type situations from people. Difficult to fathom exactly what would happen, but I don't think it'd be pretty. I think that's why a lot of people are afraid of any sort of tension over there.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post