What if Religiosity is genetic like homosexuality?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2016, 06:32 AM
What if Religiosity is genetic like homosexuality?
It kind of struck me while reading about the soviet treatment of the religious. Especially those who were former adult atheist of high academic achievement. They categorized them as having a mental illness.

Similarly during this time homosexuals were treated as if they were mentally ill and treated accordingly.

However I think it's well established now that homosexuality has genetic underpinnings that suggest it's a natural phenomena.

What if a genetic link to being religious is discovered? Will this change the attitude of atheists towards religion?

Also to add it must be noted that the communists tried for several decades through the strongest state efforts to eradicate religion and failed. Should we learn any lesson from this?

https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2...hardwired/

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn7...clination/

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/20...t-god-gene
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2016, 07:11 AM
RE: What if Religiosity is genetic like homosexuality?
You sir, are one retarded motherfucker.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
15-09-2016, 07:13 AM
It makes sense.

Stupidity tends to run in families -- it lends to reason that so would religion.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-09-2016, 07:16 AM
(15-09-2016 07:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You sir, are one retarded motherfucker.

Pointing out a possible genetic link to being religious bothers you?
15-09-2016, 07:23 AM
(15-09-2016 07:16 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 07:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You sir, are one retarded motherfucker.

Pointing out a possible genetic link to being religious bothers you?

Son, the only thing that bothers me in this world is veganism.
If we don't eat meat, the animals will rise up and take over. That's just an inescapable fact that certain morons in society do not seem to able to grasp.

You, on the other hand, are so unnoteworthy you couldn't possibly hope to bother me with your stupid opinions/thoughts.

[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
15-09-2016, 07:26 AM
(15-09-2016 07:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 07:16 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  Pointing out a possible genetic link to being religious bothers you?

Son, the only thing that bothers me in this world is veganism.
If we don't eat meat, the animals will rise up and take over. That's just an inescapable fact that certain morons in society do not seem to able to grasp.

You, on the other hand, are so unnoteworthy you couldn't possibly hope to bother me with your stupid opinions/thoughts.

I had a quick browse of some of the threads you made. I can take what you say as a compliment.
15-09-2016, 07:26 AM
(15-09-2016 06:32 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  What if a genetic link to being religious is discovered? Will this change the attitude of atheists towards religion?

You have quite the way with asking loaded questions.

Comparing religion to homosexuality? Wtf?

There's a genetic link with sociopathy and with albinism. Should we excuse Jeffrey Dahmer's actions and give guys like him therapy to put a bandaid on lack of empathy like we give those lacking melatonin broad spectrum sunscreen?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
15-09-2016, 07:27 AM
(15-09-2016 07:26 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 07:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Son, the only thing that bothers me in this world is veganism.

I had a quick browse of some of the threads you made. I can take what you say as a compliment.

The fact that I am gracing your shitty thread with my presence is compliment alone.

[+] 11 users Like earmuffs's post
15-09-2016, 07:29 AM
(15-09-2016 07:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 07:26 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  I had a quick browse of some of the threads you made. I can take what you say as a compliment.

The fact that I am gracing your shitty thread with my presence is compliment alone.

No , just looking at your threads and your language here you are basically a tool. Go stop polluting this thread. It's not a compliment for you to shake of it's shit on this thread instead of shitting in your own where it BELONGS. You have plenty of threads made by yourself specifically designed for your type of defecating.
15-09-2016, 07:32 AM
(15-09-2016 07:26 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 06:32 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  What if a genetic link to being religious is discovered? Will this change the attitude of atheists towards religion?

You have quite the way with asking loaded questions.

Comparing religion to homosexuality? Wtf?

There's a genetic link with sociopathy and with albinism. Should we excuse Jeffrey Dahmer's actions and give guys like him therapy to put a bandaid on lack of empathy like we give those lacking melatonin broad spectrum sunscreen?

The line of reasoning is that people who are homosexual are that way naturally on account of their genetics and if there is a link between genetics and being religious they TOO; the religious that is that way on account of their genetics and should be respected accordingly.

In this light being anti religious is no better than homophobia.
It shouldn't be anymore of a problem if a person quietly is religious and not bothering anyone than engaging in homosexuality and not causing any harm to others?