What if Religiosity is genetic like homosexuality?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2016, 07:34 AM
RE: What if Religiosity is genetic like homosexuality?
(15-09-2016 07:29 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 07:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The fact that I am gracing your shitty thread with my presence is compliment alone.

No , just looking at your threads and your language here you are basically a tool. Go stop polluting this thread. It's not a compliment for you to shake of it's shit on this thread instead of shitting in your own where it BELONGS. You have plenty of threads made by yourself specifically designed for your type of defecating.

Bitch please, I'm practically Jesus.
I'll post and shit where I want as well as post shit where I want.

[Image: gce5MBKMi.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
15-09-2016, 07:43 AM
(15-09-2016 07:26 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 07:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Son, the only thing that bothers me in this world is veganism.
If we don't eat meat, the animals will rise up and take over. That's just an inescapable fact that certain morons in society do not seem to able to grasp.

You, on the other hand, are so unnoteworthy you couldn't possibly hope to bother me with your stupid opinions/thoughts.

I had a quick browse of some of the threads you made. I can take what you say as a compliment.

Laugh out load

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
15-09-2016, 07:49 AM
I think relating religion to sociopathy is a better comparison. There's an element of both nature and nurture with sociopathy. Sociopaths have different flavors of entertianment, just like there are different world religions.

Ted Bundy liked fucking the bodies of women he killed. There's a Canadian Muslim dad trying to keep his son out of music class because it goes against the dad's beliefs. Not all sociopaths are neceophiliacs, not all Muslims or religious persons want to prevent little kids from singing cute songs about farm animals and being kind. Both infringe upon the rights of others because of their own personal preferences.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
15-09-2016, 07:52 AM
(15-09-2016 07:29 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 07:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The fact that I am gracing your shitty thread with my presence is compliment alone.

No , just looking at your threads and your language here you are basically a tool. Go stop polluting this thread. It's not a compliment for you to shake of it's shit on this thread instead of shitting in your own where it BELONGS. You have plenty of threads made by yourself specifically designed for your type of defecating.

Polluting this thread? Laughat

This thread was shit to begin with. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Chas's post
15-09-2016, 07:58 AM
(15-09-2016 07:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 07:29 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  No , just looking at your threads and your language here you are basically a tool. Go stop polluting this thread. It's not a compliment for you to shake of it's shit on this thread instead of shitting in your own where it BELONGS. You have plenty of threads made by yourself specifically designed for your type of defecating.

Polluting this thread? Laughat

This thread was shit to begin with. Drinking Beverage

Well said sir. Girl_nails

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-09-2016, 10:12 AM
(15-09-2016 07:49 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I think relating religion to sociopathy is a better comparison. There's an element of both nature and nurture with sociopathy. Sociopaths have different flavors of entertianment, just like there are different world religions.

Ted Bundy liked fucking the bodies of women he killed. There's a Canadian Muslim dad trying to keep his son out of music class because it goes against the dad's beliefs. Not all sociopaths are neceophiliacs, not all Muslims or religious persons want to prevent little kids from singing cute songs about farm animals and being kind. Both infringe upon the rights of others because of their own personal preferences.

It's similar to how the soviet union thought on it. Atheists on another forum are asking me to link modern atheism with the atheism of soviet russia and, well here is a perfect example of religiosity being compared to a mental disorder. I am assuming that if you are comparing religious people to Ted Bundy you would be fairly at ease in soviet russia putting people into mental asylums for quietly practicing their religion.
15-09-2016, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2016 10:54 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
The reason the issue of innateness with regards to homosexuality came up at all is because religionists were claiming it's "unnatural" and that is plainly false. We would still have many reasons to distrust religion regardless of whether a genetic link were discovered for religiosity.

15-09-2016, 10:52 AM
Your presumptuous generalizations about a group of people you have never had contact with are embarrassingly common, SuckToad.

Time for you to play hide and go fuck yourself. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
15-09-2016, 11:06 AM
I'd fine tune the statement and say religion itself is not a creation of our genetic makeups, but various genetically inherited traits make us prone to accepting irrational ideas (spirituality, for example) in the name of achieving a number of hypothetical survival advantages.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
15-09-2016, 11:08 AM
(15-09-2016 10:52 AM)kim Wrote:  Your presumptuous generalizations about a group of people you have never had contact with are embarrassingly common, SuckToad.

Time for you to play hide and go fuck yourself. Drinking Beverage

The atheist will say religion is a mental disease like a contribute on this thread has already done liking it to Ted Bundy so it's clear which one need to go a fuck themselves...

It's the very same attitude in christians towards homosexuals in the 50s or something and it makes the atheists who think like that intolerant christianophobic scum in my eyes.