What if Religiosity is genetic like homosexuality?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: What if Religiosity is genetic like homosexuality?
(15-09-2016 12:14 PM)kim Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 11:08 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  ---
It's the very same attitude in christians towards homosexuals in the 50s or something and it makes the atheists who think like that intolerant christianophobic scum in my eyes.

"... in the 50s or something ..." Really?
So, you were a christian in the 50s? Or maybe a homosexual in the 50s? Perhaps you were in the Soviet Union or one of the curtain countries?

Boo hoo, little oppressed one. Sadcryface2 Weeping

There.

A good cry was had by all. Shy

Maybe the concept of justice and fairness is something of a mockery for you. I am glad you show us atheist true colors for all to see. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2016, 12:56 PM
(15-09-2016 12:37 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 12:14 PM)kim Wrote:  "... in the 50s or something ..." Really?
So, you were a christian in the 50s? Or maybe a homosexual in the 50s? Perhaps you were in the Soviet Union or one of the curtain countries?

Boo hoo, little oppressed one. Sadcryface2 Weeping

There.

A good cry was had by all. Shy

Maybe the concept of justice and fairness is something of a mockery for you. I am glad you show us atheist true colors for all to see. Drinking Beverage

Sexual orientation and holding unjustified beliefs are not comparable.

You are a troll and should just fuck off.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-09-2016, 01:00 PM
(15-09-2016 12:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 12:37 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  Maybe the concept of justice and fairness is something of a mockery for you. I am glad you show us atheist true colors for all to see. Drinking Beverage

Read the OP and open your fucking mind you cunt
15-09-2016, 01:01 PM
(15-09-2016 12:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 12:37 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  Maybe the concept of justice and fairness is something of a mockery for you. I am glad you show us atheist true colors for all to see. Drinking Beverage

Technically they are comparable in the mindset of a religious fanatic. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
15-09-2016, 01:03 PM
(15-09-2016 01:01 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 12:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sexual orientation and holding unjustified beliefs are not comparable.

Technically they are comparable in the mindset of a religious fanatic. Tongue

I am actually just interested in sociology and to see how similar bullies whether they be religious like in Iran or old times in the christian world or atheist in the communist countries they are just the same. These pathetic pieces of shit taking over the world and imposing their crap
15-09-2016, 02:19 PM
Facepalm
15-09-2016, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2016 02:53 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
(15-09-2016 12:35 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  Let's take a few examples (of probably thousands)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USSR_anti-..._pg_180-70

"A 33-year-old doctor, Olga Skrebets with a PhD in medical sciences, was diagnosed with an early stage of schizophrenia and sent to a hospital in Kiev in 1971 after she had withdrawn from CPSU membership for religious reason"

CPSU = Communist Party of the Soviet Union.

In other words, she withdrew from the communist party for religious reasons, likely voicing her objections to their ideologies, and they punished her for it... which is what I have been saying all along.

No one is denying that the Soviet regime routinely used wrongful imprisonment, in various forms, against anyone they found to be a troublemaker. But your contention that they were being locked up just for being religious is nonsense. There is always more to the story.

(15-09-2016 12:35 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  "A twenty-year-old history student named Galliamov was baptized when he was eighteen and had spent the summer of 1978 as a pilgrim at the few remaining monasteries. He was diagnosed a ‘psychopath of mixed type’ and subjected to high doses of neuroleptics, causing him nausea, high fever and heart attacks. He was released after two months and warned by the doctor to stop visiting monasteries or else his condition might evolve into schizophrenia"

Emphasis mine. Why would he be released? I'll add more on that question under your entry for Alexander Argentov.

(15-09-2016 12:35 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  "Evgenii Martynov, a thirty-five-year-old Pentecostal civil engineer was sent to the Cherniakhovski psycho-prison in 1978."

I can't find any mention of this guy anywhere outside the WikiPedia article. *shrug*

(15-09-2016 12:35 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  "One of the most blatant of such cases occurred in 1976 to 25-year-old Moscow intellectual, Alexander Argentov, a neophyte Orthodox Christian from an atheistic family. He had founded the Moscow-based religio-philosophic seminar in 1974, headed by Alexander Ogorodnikov (a graduate student of cinematography that was expelled from the institute along with others for trying to produce a film about religious life among Soviet youth). This seminar declared itself the successor of the religio-philosophic societies of Moscow and Leningrad that had been dispersed in the 1920s. The seminar began to be harassed in earnest in 1976 after it had grown considerably and shown much vitality, as well as established itself in Ufa (Bashkiria), Leningrad, L’vov (Ukraine), Minsk and Grodno (Belarus). Argentov and others were arrested and locked up in psychiatric institutions. Argentov's religious belief was diagnosed as a psychotic disorder. Powerful neuroleptics were administered to him for two months before he was released after wide publicity and protests of his case which reached outside the USSR"

(Emphasis mine. Internal citation omitted.)

Again, openly declaring yourself in opposition to the policies of the Soviet Union was hazardous to one's life. Period. Full stop. End of sentence.

Note that it says "which reached outside the USSR"... meaning people were objecting to his treatment inside the USSR, to the point that it pressured the totalitarian government to relent. Who was objecting?

(15-09-2016 12:35 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  4 cases here of well educated people who just wanted to practice their religion without infringing on the rights of others who were deemed to be Ted Bundy by your atheist soviet friends.

Like the atheist previously in this post they just stuck the label of mentally ill on them so they could abuse and torture them.

Yes, they did just stick the label of mentally ill on them so they could abuse and torture them. But it was not because of their religion. It was because their religious views drove them to reject communist ideologies. They did not "just want to practice their religion", they wanted to oppose the Soviets because of their religious views. The Soviets also targeted atheist freethinkers for objecting to the Leninist version of communism or to communism altogether, employing the same modes. To characterize it as "just" wanting to practice their religion is dishonest, and when you use it to demean the memories of the atheists who died at the hands of the Soviet totalitarians and to smear the reputations of modern atheists, you've moved from dishonest to outright despicable.

Nothing Nurse said was even close to what you are suggesting, nor would she ever countenance abusing someone because of their religious views. She is one of the kindest persons I know on this board, and her antipathy toward religion stems from the huge amount of abuse she has suffered and is continuing to suffer at the hands of religious people in her life.

And you can just fuck right off with your "atheist soviet friends" bullshit. I am no more the friend of a Soviet communist than you are a friend of ISIS, simply because you are both theists. Get that through your thick fucking skull. Atheists by the thousands fought and died in proxy wars against the Soviet Union because we don't believe in the Soviet version of nonbelief [edit: any more] than a Baptist preacher agrees with Boko Haram.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
15-09-2016, 02:46 PM
Duplicate post.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson