What if Satan was the real good and God was the real evil?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2016, 10:29 AM
RE: What if Satan was the real good and God was the real evil?
(09-01-2016 12:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Relatively speaking, just according to the Bible, Satan is easily the lesser of two evils. Even assuming he's supposed to be the cosmic big-bad, the very fact he even is continued to allowed to exist by an all-powerful being is a mark against that being. To be all powerful, to have the ability to entirely eliminate evil and suffering, and yet refuse to do so? That is the greatest evil I can imagine.

I was going to say something very similar. If you were just to take what the bible states then the only thing that makes the devil the devil is that is what the book says he is. Otherwise he seems content to let people get along with their business. As opposed to the jealous, petty, childish, bad tempered, violent, oppressive chap who apparently loves us.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2016, 11:29 AM
What if Satan was the real good and God was the real evil?
Hail Satan.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJQSIQwl6c
09-01-2016, 11:34 AM
I've asked Christians how they know they aren't being deceived by their own god. I have yet to receive a good answer.

1. The god-inspired bible says...
2. He wouldn't do that...
3. My feelings...
4. No really, my feelings...
5. All of our feelings. Look. All of us. FEELINGS.
6. Seriously, god said in the bible he's a good... <smack>

For all they know, it could be Satan trying to answer prayers and stop evil while their god constantly thwarts his efforts. Since Satan is less powerful than god, evil tends to get the upper hand and the only answered prayers tend to be ones where someone gets a job interview or finds a dollar on the street. Being murdered, kidnapped, or otherwise? Too bad for you.

That actually makes more sense than the whole 'free will' juggling act...

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
09-01-2016, 11:39 AM
He's a regular modern Prometheus

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
09-01-2016, 12:26 PM
I brought this issue up too, elsewhere.

(12-11-2014 12:21 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  You know, it's interesting. We've been talking about God telling lies. The Bible directly supports the argument that God is not above deceit and lying. See, for example, 1 Kings 22:19–-22, where the prophet Micaiah describes the sending of a lying spirit by God into the mouths of the prophets of Ahab.

The interesting part is that Lucifer or Satan (called a liar and the father of lies in John 8:44), has actually not been documented to tell a lie. All his utterances recorded in the Bible are actually truths.

Who is the liar here? And why is the devil more moral than God? Are we worshipping the wrong God? Why am I asking all these questions?

Doc
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
09-01-2016, 12:32 PM
(08-01-2016 10:47 PM)Sylia Gray Wrote:  Couple years ago, i stumbled upon this rather interesting question on Yahoo! Answers where someone posted a question that goes somewhere along the lines of:

If God and Satan were real, what if Satan was the real good guy and God was the real villain and that what really happened was that Satan got framed by God for all God's evil doings? And perhaps that the Abrahamic religions were merely cover-ups created by God's minions to make him look good and to make Satan look evil?

I have meditated on that thought more than once. The Babble lists thousands of people God has killed, but once read that there is only one death in the whole Holy Book attributed to "The Evil One." The idea has validity if one has the psychological need to have a God.
09-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Matt Dillahunty is famous for often bringing up this very argument on the Atheist Experience. No theist ever has a legit answer for him, in fact most just sit in silence until he moves on.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
09-01-2016, 01:06 PM
(09-01-2016 11:39 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  He's a regular modern Prometheus
Big Grin

What if Satan Is Just Science?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-01-2016, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2016 01:58 PM by Stevil.)
(08-01-2016 10:47 PM)Sylia Gray Wrote:  Couple years ago, i stumbled upon this rather interesting question on Yahoo! Answers where someone posted a question that goes somewhere along the lines of:

If God and Satan were real, what if Satan was the real good guy and God was the real villain and that what really happened was that Satan got framed by God for all God's evil doings? And perhaps that the Abrahamic religions were merely cover-ups created by God's minions to make him look good and to make Satan look evil?
If you read the old testament in such a way that you ignore assertions such as "god is love" and just judge based on actions then you see that YHWH is pretty evil, lying, murderous and the devil is honest and doesn't seek to judge or kill humans. The devil seeks to give people knowledge and choice.
09-01-2016, 05:29 PM
(08-01-2016 11:09 PM)Sylia Gray Wrote:  
(08-01-2016 11:03 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Bizzaro Theology?

All the Christians, Jews, and Muslims are duped. Looks like they're all going to Hell!!! LOL Laugh out load

Yeah, but Jews don't believe in satan and hell. Tongue