What if Satan was the real good and God was the real evil?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2016, 05:31 PM
RE: What if Satan was the real good and God was the real evil?
(09-01-2016 05:29 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(08-01-2016 11:09 PM)Sylia Gray Wrote:  All the Christians, Jews, and Muslims are duped. Looks like they're all going to Hell!!! LOL Laugh out load

Yeah, but Jews don't believe in satan and hell. Tongue

Do Jews believe in g-d and heaven?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2016, 05:36 PM
(09-01-2016 05:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 05:29 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Yeah, but Jews don't believe in satan and hell. Tongue

Do Jews believe in g-d and heaven?

Just G-d... not heaven in the Christian sense. We all end up in the same place whether that place is the world of souls, or out of existence completely.

Oh! I just had an idea! Maybe from now on I'll refer to you as G-rly.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
09-01-2016, 09:56 PM
(09-01-2016 12:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Relatively speaking, just according to the Bible, Satan is easily the lesser of two evils. Even assuming he's supposed to be the cosmic big-bad, the very fact he even is continued to allowed to exist by an all-powerful being is a mark against that being. To be all powerful, to have the ability to entirely eliminate evil and suffering, and yet refuse to do so? That is the greatest evil I can imagine.
We have the opportunity, potential, and responsibility to do it ourselves under the true God's will, freeing those things that are bound to us, in such, freeing ourselves.

The will of God indeed will be done. Man's greed is the cause of suffering, and perhaps never was the intention of GOD. We ALL have the potential to be without suffering, along with other life. It is greed only that is responsible for pain.
09-01-2016, 10:00 PM
(09-01-2016 01:34 AM)Sylia Gray Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 12:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Relatively speaking, just according to the Bible, Satan is easily the lesser of two evils. Even assuming he's supposed to be the cosmic big-bad, the very fact he even is continued to allowed to exist by an all-powerful being is a mark against that being. To be all powerful, to have the ability to entirely eliminate evil and suffering, and yet refuse to do so? That is the greatest evil I can imagine.

Either he simply refuses to do so, or he's incredibly incompetent. It makes everything that happened in the bible look like he was just beating around the bush. I once said in another post that this is one of the reasons why I think the God of the Jews, Christians, and Muslims is an idiot! If he were real, why would anybody want to sell their soul to this guy?
Hell is for a term. It, and sin, along with the heavens and earth will all be changed. That which is pure will be pure. That which is not, will not be. It will be free and will have attained its will as well. To not be, to return to void-no thing.
09-01-2016, 10:06 PM
(09-01-2016 04:22 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  The bible starts off in the beginning with this god character lying and the serpent telling the truth, so that for me, sets the tone.

God commits genocide. Satan fought against him.
Hitler had god on his side. We fought against him.

They say the devil is in the details.
Its those complex details that allow us to advance technology, to cure disease, to bridge the world in communication and reach for the stars.

If after reading the bible, you come away with god as the "good one", you might want to rethink your own moral position.
Seems most here conveniently neglect from thought processes, that the opposer is indeed insidious and can and does twist and manipulate everything it can. Pride and want can skew anything, nearly.
09-01-2016, 10:10 PM
Back on the meth again I see pops.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
09-01-2016, 10:13 PM
(09-01-2016 09:55 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 09:48 AM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  I think that God was worse than Satan. God killed thousands of innocent people. How many did Satan kill? Actually I have no idea how many Satan killed. Could someone tell me? But yeah God is more evil than Satan.

I think the death score is..

Satan: 9

God: 20 million

The 20 million doesn't include the people he's going to kill when he returns to kill all the sinners.....that would be billions.
The One Creator GOD is not a God of death.

Those whom have died and will die are because of the manipulation and work of greed. I venture to say; perhaps even massacres by the ancient Jews. They disregarded the direction that had been shown to them. There had the potential to show others the right direction in reciprocation of the gifts of God, but chose their own greed and manipulated things not only for themselves, but for those after them as well.

09-01-2016, 10:29 PM
(09-01-2016 10:13 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  

It's really, really, REALLY not worth that much.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
09-01-2016, 10:31 PM
(09-01-2016 11:34 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I've asked Christians how they know they aren't being deceived by their own god. I have yet to receive a good answer.

1. The god-inspired bible says...
2. He wouldn't do that...
3. My feelings...
4. No really, my feelings...
5. All of our feelings. Look. All of us. FEELINGS.
6. Seriously, god said in the bible he's a good... <smack>

For all they know, it could be Satan trying to answer prayers and stop evil while their god constantly thwarts his efforts. Since Satan is less powerful than god, evil tends to get the upper hand and the only answered prayers tend to be ones where someone gets a job interview or finds a dollar on the street. Being murdered, kidnapped, or otherwise? Too bad for you.

That actually makes more sense than the whole 'free will' juggling act...
God has no deception whatsoever.

It did not lie to Adam nor Eve. Indeed the knowledge they attained has been the subsequent cause of death in physical terms and spiritual.

The deceiver deceives. That's what it does, and what it has always done. It was pride that clouded it towards it's fall. Why does it have such a capacity over us? It is part of our significance and potential. One can't really learn but through experience. This seems to be true for existence as a whole. With knowledge comes responsibility. By neglecting that responsibility you stop knowledge and cause pain in a cyclic manner. The advancement of life through time, will inevitably follow the direction of life, eventually shining light on the darkness and changing it wholly.
09-01-2016, 10:37 PM
(09-01-2016 12:32 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(08-01-2016 10:47 PM)Sylia Gray Wrote:  Couple years ago, i stumbled upon this rather interesting question on Yahoo! Answers where someone posted a question that goes somewhere along the lines of:

If God and Satan were real, what if Satan was the real good guy and God was the real villain and that what really happened was that Satan got framed by God for all God's evil doings? And perhaps that the Abrahamic religions were merely cover-ups created by God's minions to make him look good and to make Satan look evil?

I have meditated on that thought more than once. The Babble lists thousands of people God has killed, but once read that there is only one death in the whole Holy Book attributed to "The Evil One." The idea has validity if one has the psychological need to have a God.
Nonsense.

The first woman was deceived, as was the man. All suffering is due to the greed of man and deceit that stems from it. Death is part of physical existence, but all huge atrocities have been of deception and greed. Most assuredly NOT what we know to follow based on core scriptures and the selfless conscience.