What if humans lived as long as they did in the Bible?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2013, 07:07 PM
RE: What if humans lived as long as they did in the Bible?
I'd never find a parking place.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheMrBillShow's post
20-02-2013, 07:10 PM
With age comes wisdom, and with wisdom comes sorrow.
21-02-2013, 01:21 AM
(20-02-2013 07:10 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  With age comes wisdom, and with wisdom comes sorrow.
If that basically wasn't in the bible... I would think that was from The Doctor!

I think the transition to the idea of the Elves living would be more relevant...

If human anatomy started out as it does in it's form now... A child would probably be living to the age of 25 when the brain is formed into it's adult capacity.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
21-02-2013, 02:19 AM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2013 02:23 AM by EvolutionKills.)
They sort of touch upon this concept in Mass Effect, but it's more so part of the extended back story that you can delve into, but isn't a part of the core experience (i.e. you can totally beat the games and miss this point).

Liara T'Soni, an Asari, a monogender race that posses a 1000+ year lifespan. She's only 109 years old, and has spent most of it being a dedicated scholar, but she's still seen as little more than a child in terms of age by cultural standards. I love here character, and especially her development across the trilogy from her early naivete to her more calculating and cynical self at the end.

[Image: tumblr_mexcr7GZhZ1qavwroo1_500.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
01-03-2013, 05:08 PM
I don't think humans could live as long as 800-900 years and still be considered human (That is, a natural lifespan, without the aid of medical technology). I think there would need to be some physiological overhaul to make that happen.
01-03-2013, 05:32 PM
13 years of love and madness with Gwyneth Paltrow; yet I'm certain my little infatuation with Kristen Stewart will change me. Which is to say, a life lived isn't just one life, whether it is two years or two hundred.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2013, 05:40 PM
(01-03-2013 05:32 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  13 years of love and madness with Gwyneth Paltrow; yet I'm certain my little infatuation with Kristen Stewart will change me. Which is to say, a life lived isn't just one life, whether it is two years or two hundred.

http://www.inquisitr.com/533785/kristen-...ress-poll/
01-03-2013, 06:24 PM
(01-03-2013 05:40 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 05:32 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  13 years of love and madness with Gwyneth Paltrow; yet I'm certain my little infatuation with Kristen Stewart will change me. Which is to say, a life lived isn't just one life, whether it is two years or two hundred.

http://www.inquisitr.com/533785/kristen-...ress-poll/
Dude, she's awesome. I don't need a poll to tell me so. Besides, more for me. Thumbsup

(I've seen it. I get Perez Hilton in my e-mail cause I don't wanna miss no Gwynnies. Heart )

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user