What if the Republicans ran everything?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2011, 01:54 AM
RE: What if the Republicans ran everything?
The political system has long been a religious practice. In the sense that religion is a topic of importance which does not allow leniency. I'm praising the crap going on now, because it gives me the belief that the US sheep will get tired of comparing an ass to an oaf. Yeah there are bad things being passed, but they are passed every term this time it's just openly being done. The republican and democrat tug of war has kept the same issues in debate for a few decades. There will be a point in time where another party gets it's foot in the door. No matter how impossible people act like that is, eventually they'll realize the only way you throw your vote away is to vote between the two figureheads. If we're not going to riot then we should at least be asking the system to actually provide what it's made for. Rather than praise the spin doctors.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Plenty of complaints about the political parties, but no solutions.

And by the way, if you want to see how things would be if Democrats ran the show, just look at the states of New York, California, Illinois, and New Jersey - they're bankrupt!

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
14-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Train wreck I am a political activist. I work on transsexual issues trying to discuss with politicians why they matter. I'm not just on this forum stating a few words and that's it. But on this forum it's the same difference. This thread is about someones view which he wanted to share, and others are adding their views. You never know it might change someones opinion. The best way to effectively change anything is to spread knowledge, which discussing and going over things does. by the way the person who started this thread lobbies as well.

Accusing us of doing nothing but posting on this thread is absurd. We just aren't on here talking about our real life accomplishments or downfalls in every thread because this isn't an activism forum. It's just an idea forum. The people of this site may do great things or they may do small things, but on this forum we're all the same. Because anyone might have the right answer.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
14-03-2011, 12:28 PM
(14-03-2011 11:50 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Train wreck I am a political activist. I work on transsexual issues trying to discuss with politicians why they matter.
I just cannot wait to hear how transsexuals offer society something that we should consider precious and worthy of compromising with the established political agendas. You would be better served if you could actually represent yourselves as apart of newly devised political agenda, instead of trying to rebuild the other political interests.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
14-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Transsexuals work towards being actually considered people and having policies that afford us the same rights as everyone else, because way back when politicians came up with the idea that the term all men are created equal was somehow only discussing a specific set of people. What is more important to work on than a clear violation of the rights awarded to citizens? I also support LGBT umbrella causes along with working on things like shelters for all. Helping people locally through an organization. I am making a difference for a group of people who are ignored.

What is possibly not worthy of discussing with the currently in power parties the fact that this is a gross oversight which is horribly affecting many citizens. If I started a party and tried to get a bunch of goals accomplished that way guess what would happen. People would vote for democrats or republicans, because they have yet to realize the reason for other parties. Working with the people in power gets things done now, rather than waiting till it's my turn to be in power, and then trying to get it done.

14-03-2011, 02:00 PM
(14-03-2011 11:26 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Plenty of complaints about the political parties, but no solutions.

And by the way, if you want to see how things would be if Democrats ran the show, just look at the states of New York, California, Illinois, and New Jersey - they're bankrupt!

California? Really?
14-03-2011, 04:27 PM
California - overwhelmingly Democrat. Arnold was a celebrity exception that caught the whims of the ethnic minorities, just like Obama. Arnold had no way of pursuing a Republican agenda to guide California in a Democrat controlled legislature and populous.

14-03-2011, 04:32 PM
(14-03-2011 12:09 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  You have to give us this crap that atheism cannot go any further than disbelief in gods - as if Democrat advocates democracy, and Republican advocates republic, because their root word defines them to be so. Call the atheist political party "The Common Sense Party," maybe that will help you see where to go.

Check out your signature,"Words like 'God' and 'Allah' must go the way of 'Apollo' and 'Baal,' or they will unmake our world." You see, you are putting the responsibility of guiding the world on the theists to change, instead of putting the responsibility on the atheists to lead.

Now look what I have done. I have actually devised a product that will help guide reasoning - brilliant stuff. Most of the disagreements that contribute to the lack of resolve are because of the lack of proper classification of ideas - category error. Eventually, people will use my system, like they use a dictionary for referencing support of their arguments. Why do people use a dictionary as a reference?

(14-03-2011 11:26 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Plenty of complaints about the political parties, but no solutions.

TrainWreck - borrowing a page out of your book and multiple quoting from different threads.

You have an interestingly high opinion of yourself and your ability to solve all the problems without offering a solution, just ideas that may or may not have traction or value - just an observation.

Since you posted on the thread I had started, I'll take it that the "plenty of complaints about political parties, but no solutions" was directed at me. Not that I'm taking offense and I'm glad you used that as an opportunity to offer your opinion, or your two cents, to the conversation.

I believe there are plenty of solutions to building a better country and a civil society - that said, I think it is important to get your terms of reference straight - a nod to your dictionary analogy.

From what I've noticed, and I haven't been here that very long, most people here have made their positions clear about their faith, or lack thereof, their political views, their views on raising children, etc.; however, you remain an enigma of sorts. Just reading a few of the 15 posts you've made thus far it would appear you are a disgruntled atheist that is trying to incite fellow atheists to rise up against the machine, or you are a Christian troll playing around here.

Just an observation of my own. Message boards such as this are designed to offer a type of fellowship with semi-like minded people. For nontheists, finding people that are willing to listen to/read their thoughts of being isolated by society, community, or even family and finding at least acceptance among the folks here, makes this board more valuable than solving the worlds' or nations' problems.

Additionally, as Lilith mentioned in another post, this is an opportunity to float ideas, defend them, re-hone them and try again. It is almost the equivalent of a laboratory setting for ideas.

Obviously, you are entitled to your opinions, as well as to your strong sense of self.

Cheers, Sean

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-03-2011, 04:51 PM

I'm only stating that There is a significant difference between Republicans & Democrats. Republicans trying to claim Civil Rights is laughable although I understand the histoical context that you make your claim. Who do you think defends Civil rights today?

Wasn't it at the Republican debate that most of the candidates raised thier hands to prodly claim that they didn't believe in evolution? Isn't it the Rebubliacns who pander to the religious right?
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2011, 05:01 PM
(14-03-2011 04:32 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  You have an interestingly high opinion of yourself and your ability to solve all the problems without offering a solution, just ideas that may or may not have traction or value - just an observation.
My solution is for atheists to recognize that they are a political interest group!

(14-03-2011 04:32 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  Since you posted on the thread I had started, I'll take it that the "plenty of complaints about political parties, but no solutions" was directed at me. Not that I'm taking offense and I'm glad you used that as an opportunity to offer your opinion, or your two cents, to the conversation.
It was not directed at you, but judging by your closing paragraph of this post, yeah, show me the solutions that are being championed, and not disappearing into memory space???

(14-03-2011 04:32 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  I believe there are plenty of solutions to building a better country and a civil society - that said, I think it is important to get your terms of reference straight - a nod to your dictionary analogy.
My reference is straight, I even got it drawn out. You, your best friend, your neighbor, and your enemy are all working from no standardization of reference of ideas

(14-03-2011 04:32 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  thus far it would appear you are a disgruntled atheist that is trying to incite fellow atheists to rise up against the machine . . .
That's fair - why can you not accept that. Why must it be an enigma? Why have you put all atheists into a particular umbrella group, and that I am an outsider deserving ridicule, or accusation of being a Christian. Why do atheists even bother entertaining the thoughts of theists??? You know they are flawed- why bother with them?

(14-03-2011 04:32 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  Just an observation of my own.
OH, you are so brilliant, thank you for your time

(14-03-2011 04:32 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  Message boards such as this are designed to offer a type of fellowship with semi-like minded people. For nontheists, finding people that are willing to listen to/read their thoughts of being isolated by society, community, or even family and finding at least acceptance among the folks here, makes this board more valuable than solving the worlds' or nations' problems.
Again, thank you, for your generous understanding and acceptance of me and my ideas on community organizing and leading change, instead of forcing me to prove my atheism.

(14-03-2011 04:32 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  Additionally, as Lilith mentioned in another post, this is an opportunity to float ideas, defend them, re-hone them and try again. It is almost the equivalent of a laboratory setting for ideas.
Yeah, gee whiz, I wonder what would be an actual, "right on the money," equivalent of a laboratory setting for ideas - anything, because this "almost the equivalent," is not generating any social change. Let's get to that level of superiority.