What if we all live to be a hundred years old?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: What if we all live to be a hundred years old?
Hmmm,
people in old movies do look older than what I would expect but I have to ask myself if that has anything to do with the way they used light.
However, I will say this. My last deployment to Afghanistan I worked at a combat hospital and I got to meet quite a few locals. They looked so rough and so much older. 25 years old looked like 40 years old.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2014, 10:29 PM
(30-09-2014 10:22 PM)Elenambass Wrote:  Hmmm,
people in old movies do look older than what I would expect but I have to ask myself if that has anything to do with the way they used light.
However, I will say this. My last deployment to Afghanistan I worked at a combat hospital and I got to meet quite a few locals. They looked so rough and so much older. 25 years old looked like 40 years old.

Quite a difference between the cities and the tribals. Must be nutrition or exposure to the elements or something .

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
30-09-2014, 10:29 PM
How to live to be 150:

Scientists are reporting an advance in the science of aging, and maybe even a clue how to reverse some of aging's effects. They have evidence that lifestyle changes already known to be good for you - like healthy diet, exercise, reducing stress - may prevent the chromosomes in our cells from unraveling. NPR's Richard Knox reports it's all about little caps on our chromosomes, called telomeres.

RICHARD KNOX, BYLINE: For a couple of decades now, scientists have been fascinated by telomeres. They're like the plastic tips of shoelaces. Telomeres protect the tips of chromosomes, the strings of genes in the heart of every cell that tell it what to do.

As people and other animals age, their telomeres get shorter and shorter. Dr. Dean Ornish, at the University of California-San Francisco, says some things accelerate the process.

DR. DEAN ORNISH: Smoking makes your telomeres shorter, and emotional stress is associated with shorter telomeres - and lack of exercise. And we know that shorter telomeres are associated with an increased risk of developing many chronic diseases and a shorter lifespan.

Reference:
http://www.npr.org/2013/09/17/223309093/...s-of-aging
30-09-2014, 10:53 PM
I concur. Once life stops being enjoyable, I see no point in extending it. I have an awesome exit plan too. And I mean AWESOME!
30-09-2014, 11:05 PM

#sigh
01-10-2014, 12:01 AM
(30-09-2014 10:53 PM)Elenambass Wrote:  I concur. Once life stops being enjoyable, I see no point in extending it. I have an awesome exit plan too. And I mean AWESOME!

Do tell.

Does it involve explosives?

Shocking

01-10-2014, 01:12 AM
Fuck you all, Imma live forever

[Image: palpatine.jpg]

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
01-10-2014, 02:42 AM
By that time we might have mandatory euthanasia at 100, or earlier if the population continues to increase. </dystopia>

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
01-10-2014, 04:49 AM
(01-10-2014 02:42 AM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  By that time we might have mandatory euthanasia at 100, or earlier if the population continues to increase. </dystopia>

I read that and got the visual of a DMV office Ohmy

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
01-10-2014, 05:24 AM
I'm actually several thousand years old, Once I fucked eve on a T-rex while Adam watched, I worked as a stripper on noahs ark, I was Moses's personal beard groomer, and my last job was as Jesus's personal trainer (thats why he had awesome abs) BTW you can't prove i'm not 6 thousand years old!