What if we're wrong(not Dawkins related)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2011, 02:06 PM

What if we're wrong(not Dawkins related)
Is this the right forum to put this?

What if some point in the near future millions of people are raptured into the sky. Would everyone just start praying to the god of those who were raptured asking for forgiveness.
This is far-fetched, but I'm just interested in seeing the responses.
Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2011, 02:08 PM

RE: What if we're wrong(not Dawkins related)
(31-05-2011 02:06 PM)That sly kid Wrote:  Is this the right forum to put this?

What if some point in the near future millions of people are raptured into the sky. Would everyone just start praying to the god of those who were raptured asking for forgiveness.

The question is not far-fetched. Any thinking atheist worth his or her salt has wondered about this. I think our reply to such an event is unanimous!

[Image: RaptureFS.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Celestus87's post
31-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Although it's a fun question it makes as much sense as asking "If you're aunt had wheels, would you conciser her a cart?" Smile

I guess I'd like a research on the correlation between all those raptured people and check whether they had something in common. Then look if ther would be any benefit left as to organize my life in the same way. If not...

[Image: SexyParty.png]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2011, 02:24 PM

(31-05-2011 02:18 PM)The_observer Wrote:  I guess I'd like a research on the correlation between all those raptured people and check whether they had something in common.

Their skulls would have helium gas instead of brain cells. It would explain the floating as well... Dodgy
31-05-2011, 02:32 PM
(31-05-2011 02:24 PM)Celestus87 Wrote:  Their skulls would have helium gas instead of brain cells. It would explain the floating as well... Dodgy
The average raptureist would sound something like...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
31-05-2011, 02:54 PM

(31-05-2011 02:06 PM)That sly kid Wrote:  Is this the right forum to put this?

Have you ever watched the old classic Star Wars movie featuring, Jabba the Hutt ?

I attended a pagan gathering in Florida some years ago. Pagan's will often do rituals "skyclad". Meaning just what it sounds like. Naked. I.E. Clad only by the sky. (For some we're talking serious cloud cover here people! Tongue) In any case, I was not prone to doing that, and indeed naked was optional. And one night, after a ritual I was in the bathroom after having just taken a shower, because the gathering was held at a private nudist camp that was able to be rented by the public so they'd have privacy for such things as naked pagans walking about.

And this woman came into the bathroom skyclad. I kid you not she looked like the human female version of Jabba the Hutt walking upright, wearing glasses.
I couldn't help myself. I stared, when she wasn't looking. Every angle she'd afford as she was readying for her shower, I was watching. I'd seen that under clothes before. The outlines, the mass, the awkwardness in dress and gait. Yet, I'd never seen it naked. Humans are living works of art for me. So it's like looking at a live Peter Paul Rubens, that talks to you.

Now that you've got that visual, and to answer your question, when I think of the probability of rapture, when Jesus is said to have died so as to take the worlds sins upon himself and save people from damnation (that his dad self laid upon them, because god proved first he couldn't forgive Adam and Eve, but now he can forgive their damned ancestors if only they find him stuck to some boards and believe he's nailed up there to prove he loves them now), that actually means everyone on earth is saved from the time they're born. It's the new testimony of god's grace.

This means, if there is a rapture everybody lifts off. (cutting out the BS Christians believe and getting right to the heart of the gospel (i.e. "good news)) And so when I think of that I think of Jabba a thousand fold (and folds) ascending naked into the sky above my head.

If we're wrong and the rapture happens, it's not a problem. I love to fly. But I aint opening my eyes until I get past the asses. Angel
31-05-2011, 09:05 PM
I assume I would handle it the same way as if Poseidon rose from the seas. I would go "what the fuck?" and then I would wake up, because scenarios like that could only come from a dream world.

If I may add my own sub-question: what if you found out God existed and he was exactly like it says in the Old Testament? Would you worship this malevolent deity just because he demands worship under threat of bodily harm? Or what if he then claimed Heaven and Hell were real? I believe I would be forced to toss aside my values and noble character and give this terrible creature praise, purely under threat of eternal torture. Anyone who claims to "love" this tyrant has something wrong with them.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
31-05-2011, 09:19 PM

(31-05-2011 09:05 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  If I may add my own sub-question: what if you found out God existed and he was exactly like it says in the Old Testament?
Wakey, wakey again! Tongue

I think if I found out god existed and he was exactly as it says in the OT, I'd worship Satan and plot to kill the high lofty psychotic bastard in a second wave war in Heaven. Kicking supreme Sadist to the curb, and raising the Devil to the loft apartment where burn salve and pools of blue water would reign eternally, while Fundies re-paved the golden roads with the monies we confiscated from Televangelists coffers, while prayers were finally answered because the answering machine that's clearly existed with an infinite tape is thrown into the flaming depths where it belongs, as it melts and releases prayers beseeching in surround sound throughout the depths so that the weeping and wailing of unanswered begging makes fallen sadists' ears bleed.

Hey man, if you're gonna dream kick ass. Feel me? Wink
[+] 1 user Likes GassyKitten's post
31-05-2011, 09:54 PM
This video sums it up:
What if I'm wrong

By the time you stop ready this, you'll realze what a waste of time it has been Big Grin
31-05-2011, 11:51 PM

(31-05-2011 09:19 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  I think if I found out god existed and he was exactly as it says in the OT, I'd worship Satan and plot to kill the high lofty psychotic bastard in a second wave war in Heaven. Kicking supreme Sadist to the curb, and raising the Devil to the loft apartment where burn salve and pools of blue water would reign eternally, while Fundies re-paved the golden roads with the monies we confiscated from Televangelists coffers, while prayers were finally answered because the answering machine that's clearly existed with an infinite tape is thrown into the flaming depths where it belongs, as it melts and releases prayers beseeching in surround sound throughout the depths so that the weeping and wailing of unanswered begging makes fallen sadists' ears bleed.

You are soooooooo my kind of people! HeartHeartHeart