What if we're wrong(not Dawkins related)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2011, 07:30 AM
RE: What if we're wrong(not Dawkins related)
I think the rapture explains exactly why no one would care that much. Any rational human being after seeing that there was validity in christianity would see that there's only one rapture. It's clearly defined that you only get one chance when it happens, and no amount of begging for forgiveness will change things. Why bother caring about christianity when it states definitely that you will not be saved?

I think it would be a great load off of everyone's backs.

And I have always stated that even if that thing in the christian bible exists I hold no esteem for it. It would have to have made a noticeable difference in the world for me to care at all. Being a higher life form is not reason for praise. In fact it's generally reason for revolt.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2011, 09:45 AM

I skimmed over the topic, so perhaps this has already been asked.

How would you identify such an event as being the rapture? I am not familiar with the rapture, only the bit about everyone disappearing. Will god, angels or some other supernatural entity send out a memo to let everyone know what happened?

For that matter if it did happen, who is to say god was responsible. Couldn't it just as easily be a mass abduction by aliens, who used the belief as a cover for their plan?
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2011, 11:03 PM

(07-07-2011 09:45 AM)Maskelyne Wrote:  I skimmed over the topic, so perhaps this has already been asked.

How would you identify such an event as being the rapture? I am not familiar with the rapture, only the bit about everyone disappearing. Will god, angels or some other supernatural entity send out a memo to let everyone know what happened?

For that matter if it did happen, who is to say god was responsible. Couldn't it just as easily be a mass abduction by aliens, who used the belief as a cover for their plan?

A omnipotent figure will reveal himself and somehow prove that he is all powerful and can literally do anything. It remains unknown though whether the god is omnibenevolent and that is whether the question lies to whether you charge that figure with all crimes ever commited or do you trust in him to 'deliver' you.
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2011, 02:57 PM
(09-07-2011 11:03 PM)That sly kid Wrote:  
(07-07-2011 09:45 AM)Maskelyne Wrote:  I skimmed over the topic, so perhaps this has already been asked.

A omnipotent figure will reveal himself and somehow prove that he is all powerful and can literally do anything. It remains unknown though whether the god is omnibenevolent and that is whether the question lies to whether you charge that figure with all crimes ever commited or do you trust in him to 'deliver' you.

How do you prove omnipotency? Sure you could ask this god to do X, but the fact he'd be able to do it doesn't prove he could do anything and everything. Maybe X is all he can do, and you just happened to ask him to do the one thing he can do. Undecided

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
Find all posts by this user
10-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Later on God would all be like "damn I'm one lucky sob, who'da thunk he'd ask me to turn a kitten into barbecue chips to prove I'm god?" then he'd get some beer out of the old god fridge and sit down to eat those chips. While watching chips. On a couch that looks like a chip. What I'm trying to say is god likes chips a lot. Probably why I like chips. The bastard. Why couldn't he like carrots or celery?

Anyways, I'd be pretty happy if all the Christians floated away until I began to wonder what happened to all the other militant religions. Then I'd worry. Unless it turned out that they were all accepted, then I'd be happy again. So many problems would float away with them. Overpopulation. Lack of jobs. Poor prioritizing of education. Shortage of pants. The world would be good again. Then the meteor would hit...

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user