What if you physically can't do what God commands of you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2012, 10:41 PM
What if you physically can't do what God commands of you?
Are you given a free pass? Preachers will tell you that in order to be saved, you have to confess your sins and ask for forgiveness. But what if I am unable to speak? They will tell you as long as you try to live a good life and accept Jesus as your savior, you will go to heaven. But what if I'm wheelchair bound and mentally impaired to the point where I can't function like everyone else. I just get pushed around by my caretaker like a mindless potato and I've been like this since birth. I literally can't ask for forgiveness or do anything. This is a rehash of the "where happens to babies when they die" question, because essentially I am a full grown baby.

But think about it. I can't do any of the commandments that God demands of me. What then? Am I doomed to hell because I was born a certain way? Do I get to go to heaven automatically on a technicality? That hardly seems fair, to forgo the moral test that determines your eternal afterlife. And speaking of fair tests, God's Final Exam is different for each person. Some people will be presented with more frequent and more difficult obstacles to "test their faith" than others. Some people might breeze through life, never leaving the safety of their cult and get into heaven without being tested once. Meanwhile, John Smith is being held captive in Iraq and tortured daily every time he denies the supremacy of Allah.

Means and circumstance should not be the deciding factors in the ultimate test.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
09-05-2012, 11:07 PM

RE: What if you physically can't do what God commands of you?
God doesn't have to be fair. We were created by Him for Him. We don't even belong to ourselves (at least not in the way you think of yourself). In fact, there's very little in nature that's fair. The potato can go to hell or maybe to heaven. I suppose it all depends on how God feels about said potato. I've known Christians who believe babies who die go to hell. I've listened to one tell me that while she sat next to her friend who had lost a baby during a miscarriage.

But here's the thing: You're an atheist, right? You look really stupid asking these kinds of questions. You atheists are all the same. You say you don't believe in God and then spend the rest of your life bitching and whining about the Bible, about God, about Jesus, about Christians. Why can't you just stand up and be an atheist?
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Just my thoughts:

The value of forgiveness is present in major religions.
Science is beginning to understand more that forgiveness is healthy.

It is constructive for one to forgive.
It is destructive for one not to forgive.
Therefore: Forgiveness is inevitable.

Now, if the forgiven doubt or question the sincerity of the forgiver, whose problem is it now?

So, in relation to the OP, I think there is nothing to do.
09-05-2012, 11:32 PM
(09-05-2012 11:07 PM)Egor Wrote:  God doesn't have to be fair. We were created by Him for Him. We don't even belong to ourselves (at least not in the way you think of yourself). In fact, there's very little in nature that's fair. The potato can go to hell or maybe to heaven. I suppose it all depends on how God feels about said potato. I've known Christians who believe babies who die go to hell. I've listened to one tell me that while she sat next to her friend who had lost a baby during a miscarriage.

But here's the thing: You're an atheist, right? You look really stupid asking these kinds of questions. You atheists are all the same. You say you don't believe in God and then spend the rest of your life bitching and whining about the Bible, about God, about Jesus, about Christians. Why can't you just stand up and be an atheist?
So as an Atheist we are not aloud to question your stupid beliefs?
Isn't that what makes us Atheists in the first place? we asked questions.

As a theist you look really stupid being on an atheist forum...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-05-2012, 11:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 12:31 AM by aurora.)
Atheist Super Heroes -

[Image: Atheist.jpg]

They're here to kick your theist ass!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Egor must be upset - lack of sleep can be a terrible thing - working two jobs is hard!!
09-05-2012, 11:43 PM
(09-05-2012 11:07 PM)Egor Wrote:  God doesn't have to be fair. We were created by Him for Him. We don't even belong to ourselves (at least not in the way you think of yourself). In fact, there's very little in nature that's fair. The potato can go to hell or maybe to heaven. I suppose it all depends on how God feels about said potato.

That's true. But if that's the case, then the ONLY reason to worship God is out of sheer terror. I chose to not fear this God character presented to me. I will not grovel before the terrorist making demands.

[quote]

Awwwwww, Egor! You were ONE paragraph away from posting an actually contributing, ad-hominem free post! So close! We only discuss the beliefs that we are constantly bombarded with. If the majority of this forum lived in Syria, we'd be discussing Allah. Or Brahma if we were all from India.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
09-05-2012, 11:57 PM

(09-05-2012 11:11 PM)ahoy Wrote:  Science is beginning to understand more that forgiveness is healthy.

Ah, the amorphous "Science" strikes again. I suppose there's a gene for forgiveness, too.

(09-05-2012 11:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  As a theist you look really stupid being on an atheist forum...

Touché

(09-05-2012 11:41 PM)aurora Wrote:  They're here to kick your theist ass!!!

You sound a bit out of control. Too emotional to make your image link work, I guess.

(09-05-2012 11:43 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Awwwwww, Egor! You were ONE paragraph away from posting an actually contributing, ad-hominem free post! So close! We only discuss the beliefs that we are constantly bombarded with. If the majority of this forum lived in Syria, we'd be discussing Allah. Or Brahma if we were all from India.

If you lived in Syria, you wouldn't be a public atheist, I assure you. If you lived in India, I'm not sure anyone would even pay attention to your atheism. It's just in the U.S. that people give a damn about it. You guys are the most religious people around, I wonder if you know that? People who do astrology, psychic stuff, ghost hunting, New Age stuff, Spiritualism, whatever, even most Christians, they're nowhere nearly as religious as atheists are.
10-05-2012, 12:19 AM
There's BC trolling, and sure enough, Egor barking at the screen door. Another day in paradise.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
10-05-2012, 01:28 AM

What would you do without us?
10-05-2012, 01:47 AM
(09-05-2012 11:07 PM)Egor Wrote:  God doesn't have to be fair. We were created by Him for Him. We don't even belong to ourselves (at least not in the way you think of yourself). In fact, there's very little in nature that's fair. The potato can go to hell or maybe to heaven. I suppose it all depends on how God feels about said potato. I've known Christians who believe babies who die go to hell. I've listened to one tell me that while she sat next to her friend who had lost a baby during a miscarriage.

I am an atheist/agnostic and don't bitch about stupid writings and prophesies.

Perhaps you are confusing "bitching" with claims being made to negate the ramblings of lunatics.

AS for sensible O.P..........What sort of even playing field is provided for humanity, given a one life scenario, and all the variables inherent in human existence.

AS for potatoes in Heaven, in accordance with your weird theology, I suppose the french fries end up in Hell. Rolleyes