What if you physically can't do what God commands of you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2012, 02:37 AM
RE: What if you physically can't do what God commands of you?
(09-05-2012 11:11 PM)ahoy Wrote:  Just my thoughts:

The value of forgiveness is present in major religions.
Science is beginning to understand more that forgiveness is healthy.

It is constructive for one to forgive.
It is destructive for one not to forgive.
Therefore: Forgiveness is inevitable.

Now, if the forgiven doubt or question the sincerity of the forgiver, whose problem is it now?

So, in relation to the OP, I think there is nothing to do.

No What about those who have never known Christ? All currently living, those who have ever lived or will ever be alive on this planet. Are they simply pre-destined for eternal torture in hell? Did god create them to populate hell? What does this say about one who loves a god that creates souls to endlessly bar-b-q in lakes of fire that suffer forever in the pain of damnation?

Do you love this "God"? Consider
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2012, 03:51 AM
Gotta keep the fire burning with something, afterall, it's not environmentally friendly to use coal anymore.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
10-05-2012, 05:07 AM
(10-05-2012 01:28 AM)Egor Wrote:  What would you do without us?
Hug

Like the new avvy. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
10-05-2012, 06:36 AM
(10-05-2012 02:37 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  
(09-05-2012 11:11 PM)ahoy Wrote:  Just my thoughts:

The value of forgiveness is present in major religions.
Science is beginning to understand more that forgiveness is healthy.

It is constructive for one to forgive.
It is destructive for one not to forgive.
Therefore: Forgiveness is inevitable.

Now, if the forgiven doubt or question the sincerity of the forgiver, whose problem is it now?

So, in relation to the OP, I think there is nothing to do.

No What about those who have never known Christ? All currently living, those who have ever lived or will ever be alive on this planet. Are they simply pre-destined for eternal torture in hell?

Am just reflecting on what forgiveness is.

Who will go to where, who knows?

Lawyers can be expert on the criminal law or penal code, but never can they be the judge.
[+] 1 user Likes ahoy's post
10-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Can't believe I'm pseudo siding with He Who Must Not Be Named, but it is a silly question.
What "preacher" is telling mute people they are going to Hell because they're not confessing Jesus as Savior with their mouth? Not happening, unless maybe it's a Fred Phelps type and Christianity does not recognize him as representing the Faith.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Then just say no.
Can we get back to "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin", please? That's far more interesting and constructive. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-05-2012, 08:32 PM
RE: Then just say no.
(10-05-2012 08:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  Can we get back to "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin", please? That's far more interesting and constructive. Dodgy
All of 'em, silly. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
10-05-2012, 08:49 PM
If you can't do what the priest...I mean god...wants you to do then you're fucked.
Unless your family has money and then you may be ok, BUT only God really knows for sure. Bowing
Kiss the ring you heathen dog No

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
10-05-2012, 09:31 PM
(10-05-2012 08:59 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Can't believe I'm pseudo siding with He Who Must Not Be Named, but it is a silly question.
What "preacher" is telling mute people they are going to Hell because they're not confessing Jesus as Savior with their mouth? Not happening, unless maybe it's a Fred Phelps type and Christianity does not recognize him as representing the Faith.

Well that's exactly my point. Humans don't have the heart to tell the handicapped they're going to hell according to the Bible (Leviticus) so they make an exception to the rule so they'll feel better about their religion. Strangely, "God" does whatever his people think he should do.

Stop thinking within the confines of atheism and consider the question from a theist context.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
10-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Ok then, thinking from a theist perspective I would think that handicaps are going to hell. I would also think that they are going to hell because God made them the way they per-determining that they are going to hell and that God made them that way as a form of punishment and so they would never have a chance of salvation (not being able to confess their sins etc..).
So in other words they are evil and are bound for hell and their handicap is to ensure further suffering during their time on earth and giving them no chance of salvation as a form of rubbing salt into the wound.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.