What if your wrong!!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
22-06-2011, 09:36 PM
RE: What if your wrong!!
Careful everybody, you're going to hurt goddys heart </3

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2011, 09:49 PM
My simple answer would be that I was wrong, and I hope God would award me a spot in heaven for living a good life and not raping, killing, and stealing. It's a win-win situation. If I'm right, I'm right, and if I'm wrong, I go to heaven. What about the Christians? It's a win-lose situation. If they are right, they go to heaven (provided they weren't hypocrites doing all of the vile things they think we do), and if they are wrong, they wasted their entire life praying to an imaginary friend. What if their newly departed soul was brought before a foreign deity, someone that they had not payed homage to their entire life?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-06-2011, 12:09 AM
I'd wake up in hell, obviously, and ask the Devil; "Who do I have to kill to get a drink around here?"

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin
23-06-2011, 11:09 AM
When we die we will be free form the limitaitions imposed on our perceptions by the physical bodies we live in now and we will for the first time have a perfect perception of reality. We will have no problem recognizing God and for the first time we will see ourselves as we really are. The Bible describes the experience of a prophet who had a vision of God while still in this life. Perhaps this will give a hint of what we will experience after we die.

Quote: In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said:
“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;the whole earth is full of his glory!”

And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the aKing, the Lord of hosts!”
Isaiah 6:1-5 ESV

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2011, 01:14 AM

I would be happy to see I'm gonna live (exist) forever. being an atheist doesnt mean i dont wanna live after death, being an atheist means im too brave to say there is no god. Im too brave to say you will not see your mom or any person you love who is dead. I'm too brave to say bad people will be judged after death. People just need those things to be happy. To feel confident. If there is something like that, I would love to burn in hell.

sorry for english.
Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2011, 02:33 AM
Provided there is infinite time in the afterlife, I would have a nice conversation with any deity there and discuss about various things. It will be enlightening indeed. If the afterlife does not exist, good for me too. Finally, total peace and quiet of my mind.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
24-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Quote: In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said:
“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;the whole earth is full of his glory!”

I always think of this and other glimpses of "heaven" and "GOD" as missed opportunities. Imagine how things would be different if the text read...

"Above him stood a sign and the sign said..... 6.62606957 and tho, I had no freaking clue what this meant, I wrote it down so that others would know."

While this would in no way prove God it would have been groundbreaking and lent an enormous amount of credit to the God of the bible over other Gods. It would be a miracle on paper... one with no need of eye witness testimony. But, instead all we get in these "glimpses" are non-esoteric information or useless information like heavens size or the streets are made of Gold or the size of the throne God sits on. Information that is firmly set in the time of the people making them up.

“We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.” Orson Welles
25-06-2011, 05:31 AM

(22-06-2011 09:32 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I don't particularly think I'd be wrong as I see death as an adventure in itself. If it really was the pearly gates and St. Peter I'd be upset though, christians have such a boring afterlife idea. I'd much rather be a cat or something. If I was then addressed by "god", I would ask him what makes him think he can call himself god =p Would be interesting if I got to talk a while as there's pretty much nothing he could do to make up for earth =p

Amen, touche, and F ing well said!!!! Sos about the Amen, couldn't help myself. lol
Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2011, 06:06 AM
(23-06-2011 11:09 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
Quote: In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew...
Isaiah 6:1-5 ESV

Isn't it odd how a creature who only exists outside of time and space and has no physical body is described in such a manner? Or is it more probable that Isaiah was describing how he IMAGINED a God would look IF he had seen one (with his Bronze-age limited capacity for conceptualizing such things)?

Why is it that religious people can't use simple logic to discredit claims like this? Why can't intelligent people question the veracity of such testimony? Why would a modern, educated person capable of realizing not everything ever written by man is true accept such nonsense on faith alone? Is it just because it's in the Bible, therefore it must be true? Seriously?

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin
[+] 2 users Like hotrodmike's post
26-06-2011, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2011 05:28 PM by Peterkin.)
Anybody who talks to me after i'm dead is likely to convince me of anything he wants to. But if there is an afterlife and a divine entity, they are probably very different from what we've been taught: it would be all new stuff, to which i haven't had to form any resistance.

As for the second coming during my lifetime - since i do reject reportage of the first one, that would be a lot more difficult. And why would Jesus want to recruit me, anyway? I guess curing AIDS might be enough... Please, no pigs off cliffs, okay?

Quote: hotrodmike:
Why is it that religious people can't use simple logic to discredit claims like this? Why can't intelligent people question the veracity of such testimony? Why would a modern, educated person capable of realizing not everything ever written by man is true accept such nonsense on faith alone? Is it just because it's in the Bible, therefore it must be true? Seriously?

Most religious people don't even know what's in that book, let alone worry about the individual picturesque descriptions of 3000-year-old places, events and persons. They simply don't go in for the line-by-line critique so favoured by many atheists. The significance of mythology is quite different from literal belief in the minute details.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.