What inspires you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2011, 09:31 PM

What inspires you?
Hey guys, lately I've been running out of song ideas and it's starting to get frustrating. Anyways, I was wondering who/what inspires you and why?

I find the ocean to be one of my biggest inspirations. It's strange mystery and cold harshness.
Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2011, 12:01 PM
RE: What inspires you?
What kind of songs do you make?
(birdsongs?) Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Evolution. Extinction. Ontogeny. Ecology.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
24-05-2011, 12:16 PM

(24-05-2011 12:01 PM)The_observer Wrote:  What kind of songs do you make?
(birdsongs?) Smile

Haha. My taste is very indie. Post rockish.
24-05-2011, 12:21 PM
abandonnements? Cycle of nature? futility of mankind?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
24-05-2011, 12:24 PM

Abandonments are so cool. Fun to explore around in.
24-05-2011, 12:33 PM

What inspires me is the concept of emotional rebirth. The fiery phoenix that reignites from its own ashes. In effect, this secret strength within us all that makes us resilient enough to reject suicide and commit to life instead. Blush
[+] 1 user Likes Celestus87's post
24-05-2011, 12:36 PM

(24-05-2011 12:33 PM)Celestus87 Wrote:  What inspires me is the concept of emotional rebirth. The fiery phoenix that reignites from its own ashes. In effect, this secret strength within us all that makes us resilient enough to reject suicide and commit to life instead. Blush

That's such a cool concept. I'll try writing a song on that. I'll post it up if it turns out any good.
24-05-2011, 06:25 PM

Music inspires me the most out of anything.

I made a video with a song I made. It isn't some lame indie song. I create industrial music and this one has a laid back ambient feel to it. It is relaxing. I added some pictures I have taken in my days that offer me inspiration. I like desolation and nature.

I made this video and dedicated it the The Thinking Atheist community and all freethinking people. It has a couple quotes that stick out to me.

Check it out let me know what you guys think. Also.. anyone that wants to recommend some quotes for the next video I make I would appreciate it.

Peaceful Abduction
25-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Bird, i also similarly have found inspiration in nature in the past. But something that also works for me is personal experience through situations, issues, or problems you've seen or witnessed that challenge what you believe, your perception of yourself, your relationships with people and also raw emotion. Another form of inspiration m80Kamikaze mentioned was other music, if a drum beat is playing i find improvising much easier.