What is LOVE?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2014, 05:44 AM
RE: What is LOVE?
I'm amazed of the simplistic views on love here, love is just chemistry as words are just waves in the air.
The chemical part of it is just its material part, important of course, but not all of it. Love is that chemistry plus the meaningful conections we make of it with other notions in our minds, in a collection of memories, other feelings, plans, and expectations. All made in synchrony with another person's collection.
It's an experience made of experiences. That's why it's so ethereal, because there's not direct simple correlation to one reaction, like laughter or pain, it's an emergent thing, made of many other things, and that's what makes it complicated.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
12-03-2014, 05:51 AM
(12-03-2014 05:44 AM)nach_in Wrote:  I'm amazed of the simplistic views on love here, love is just chemistry as words are just waves in the air.
The chemical part of it is just its material part, important of course, but not all of it. Love is that chemistry plus the meaningful conections we make of it with other notions in our minds, in a collection of memories, other feelings, plans, and expectations. All made in synchrony with another person's collection.
It's an experience made of experiences. That's why it's so ethereal, because there's not direct simple correlation to one reaction, like laughter or pain, it's an emergent thing, made of many other things, and that's what makes it complicated.

And I don't like when things are overcomplicated so I'm just going to say it's a brain state(which it is). And it's not a bad thing.
Some brain states should be avoided while others cherished.
[+] 1 user Likes donotwant's post
12-03-2014, 06:04 AM
(12-03-2014 05:51 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 05:44 AM)nach_in Wrote:  I'm amazed of the simplistic views on love here, love is just chemistry as words are just waves in the air.

And I don't like when things are overcomplicated so I'm just going to say it's a brain state(which it is). And it's not a bad thing.
Some brain states should be avoided while others cherished.

well, yeah, of course it is a brain state, so is everything else that happens in your head. Over simplistic answers don't answer much.
Not that they're useless, but I doubt that saying "love is a state of mind" is enough to get a good notion of it.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
12-03-2014, 06:21 AM
Love is a wonderful brain state. Very very wonderful.
20-03-2014, 10:53 PM
(12-03-2014 02:40 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 02:23 AM)khushko Wrote:  Thank You All Smile

Did you really find the answers helpful in any way? Confused

SOMEHOW..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-03-2014, 12:38 AM
donotwant Wrote:Love is a wonderful brain state. Very very wonderful.

And you figured out correctly.. Yes, I'm looking for an Atheistic Gf..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-03-2014, 02:36 AM
(07-03-2014 01:19 AM)Dee Wrote:  It's a social construct, and we're all delusional.

I keep saying that, and no one listens!

I'm with you buddy!! My argument is that we don't see love happening in nature. We just see "unions" based on benefit more that anything else.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
21-03-2014, 03:01 AM
(12-03-2014 06:21 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Love is a wonderful brain state. Very very wonderful.

So is masturbation.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
25-03-2014, 05:27 AM
Hello all.

I have only recently joined and this is my third post today. So I ask you to forgive my impertinence and be patient with me.

Quite a question, what is love? Having read the thread it seems the love between humans is on peoples minds.

Other forms of love have added more to my life than that love of another human. Duke Ellington refered to music as his mistress. I feel much the same. To me it is my lover, my friend, intellectual and physical challenge and my reason to exist on this planet. Is it love I feel for music? Is the word even enough to describe what has long been more than a passion. Indeed, obsession may be a better description.

I loved two women deeply. I rationally chose to end each relationship because I knew music would come first. To be in love with a person so dedicated to a pursuit that one is ignored is painful. And I hated to witness that pain.

I also love reading, studying history among other things. Are these types of love figured into the various case studies that take place? I have no idea. Is the love a despot feels for power similar to that felt between a couple, or a parent for a child? Is love nothing more than a devise used to sell products? Love has certainly sold many recordings and movie tickets...

Sadly I am unable to answer any of these questions.

Experimental drug disengaged. Hopefully my brain will return.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
25-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Love is a verb, it's been said. Perhaps because when we truly feel it for another, we wish to sacrifice for the better of someone else.

Thing about love, is it is risky for you may give of your heart and time to someone, only to get very hurt in the end.

I date guys, but I stop myself from getting too close as to avoid love.
Love can be a good thing and the worst thing ever, all at the same time.

Sad

The beauty of the heart, is the lasting beauty. - Rumi Heart