What is "Love" to you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2011, 10:27 AM
What is "Love" to you?
Hmm love is like an extremly good high. When you are high, you feel extremly good, like nothing can stop you, but when you come down from that high it feels like a nightmare.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2011, 10:32 AM
RE: What is "Love" to you?
By the nine!

Love is nothing more than a series of chemical reactions inside the brain. Nothing more. There is no mystery or magic or any other fantasy thought.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
08-11-2011, 10:33 AM
(08-11-2011 10:32 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  By the nine!

Love is nothing more than a series of chemical reactions inside the brain. Nothing more. There is no mystery or magic or any other fantasy thought.

Hmmm i guess so. But how do you stop from loving someong O.O
08-11-2011, 10:38 AM
there is a number of ways to go about that.
Chemicals help. finding someone or something else to replace them. Gaining control of your emotions. Or just thinking really hard about it. I don't know why is this an issue for you?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
08-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Simple. Love's what YOU make it. Everyone contemplates it differently.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes itsFerdinand's post
08-11-2011, 10:41 AM
(08-11-2011 10:38 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  there is a number of ways to go about that.
Chemicals help. finding someone or something else to replace them. Gaining control of your emotions. Or just thinking really hard about it. I don't know why is this an issue for you?

welllll, ehhhhh yeah. I fall for people i know will screw me over but i cant help it. Idk i have a hard time with emotions like that.
08-11-2011, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2011 11:08 PM by kineo.)
The emotions and chemical high of "love" can easily be short lived. Love, to me, is far more complex than a fuzzy feeling. It requires loyalty, devotion, trust, and often grows and builds over time so long as common ground is nurtured. It includes the good feelings and affections, but as it matures it includes many more things. In my mind, it starts out as a seedling tree and if tended well it grows strong and bears fruit. If neglected, it shrivels and dies.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
11-11-2011, 10:01 PM
I don't think love is a singular feeling or act. It is complex. The chemicals are one part (for example lust). But there is more, like compassion and caring. My love for my baby is not only there because she makes me 'feel good' but because I also care how she feels and what she needs. I suppose the plug could be pulled and is for a few, like in psycho path. They lack the basic emotion love or caring is built on, which is empathy.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
11-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Love goes beyond 'chemical' to me. If there is anything sacred in this world, it is love.
[+] 1 user Likes Strobelite's post
11-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Love is the 'connection' between two people. Unfortunately many confuse lust with love.