What is Rape Culture?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2014, 09:59 AM
RE: What is Rape Culture?
(11-06-2014 09:04 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Societis in which the victims of rape are blamed for the crimes that they were a victim of.

Places like Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Quatar, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Kuwait, Iraq, Iran, Sudan and so on.

Legally they're not blamed but socially they'll get blamed in a lot of western countries. She dressed provocatively, she's known to be promiscuous, etc. Happens all the bloody time.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2014, 01:49 PM
(11-06-2014 08:12 AM)Kavos Wrote:  
(10-06-2014 07:59 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  Maybe it's a really stupid question to ask but maybe somebody can help me understand what "rape culture" is and how it is determined to exist and what determines when it doesn't exist.

I've seen the term thrown around lately a lot especially in blogs from the Huffington Post

Rape culture is something made up by feminists. They invented it because they believe that men and women are equal and that men are rapists but women' aren't. They also made up the patriarchy, because they believe that men and women are equal, but somehow, for some reason, one day men decided to oppress women.

Please, I implore you, read some good feminist literature. If you are a reasonable person and you fairly interpret arguments, then there really isn't much debate to be had, we have rape culture. Women are not equal to men. There is a patriarchy. All those things are true. You might disagree with "how true" or "what degree" but they are still very present.

I hope you are just arguing the counterpoint and don't really have such negative views about women. Many people express similar opinions that you do, and I might have said much the same things at one point in my life. But they are wrong, I was wrong, and you are wrong. Please educate yourself.
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
11-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Unfortunately this idea of a "rape culture" has been exaggerated tremendously by certain wolf-crying proponents of the "Atheism-plus" movement, to the point that the phrase is now almost meaningless.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
11-06-2014, 03:31 PM
(11-06-2014 03:20 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Unfortunately this idea of a "rape culture" has been exaggerated tremendously by certain wolf-crying proponents of the "Atheism-plus" movement, to the point that the phrase is now almost meaningless.

Well that's feminists for you. By coining the phrase "rape culture" and broadening the definition of rape, they just make themselves look stupid. It's no wonder that people don't give a fuck what feminists say any more.
11-06-2014, 03:36 PM
(11-06-2014 03:20 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Unfortunately this idea of a "rape culture" has been exaggerated tremendously by certain wolf-crying proponents of the "Atheism-plus" movement, to the point that the phrase is now almost meaningless.

I don't understand what you mean by that.
11-06-2014, 04:38 PM
(11-06-2014 03:31 PM)Kavos Wrote:  

Well that's feminists for you. By coining the phrase "rape culture" and broadening the definition of rape, they just make themselves look stupid. It's no wonder that people don't give a fuck what feminists say any more.

NO, that's NOT "feminists" for you. I'm a feminist myself. Feminism is the radical notion that women are people too.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
11-06-2014, 04:43 PM
(11-06-2014 04:38 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 03:31 PM)Kavos Wrote:  Well that's feminists for you. By coining the phrase "rape culture" and broadening the definition of rape, they just make themselves look stupid. It's no wonder that people don't give a fuck what feminists say any more.

NO, that's NOT "feminists" for you. I'm a feminist myself. Feminism is the radical notion that women are people too.

Fuck you. Feminism, if it was really about equality, would be called something else. Something that reflects equality. You don't believe in equality. You're a fucking scumbag. Fuck you, twat.
11-06-2014, 04:44 PM
(11-06-2014 04:43 PM)Kavos Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 04:38 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  NO, that's NOT "feminists" for you. I'm a feminist myself. Feminism is the radical notion that women are people too.

Fuck you. Feminism, if it was really about equality, would be called something else. Something that reflects equality. You don't believe in equality. You're a fucking scumbag. Fuck you, twat.

Taq, please by all means. Sic 'em.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
11-06-2014, 04:56 PM
(11-06-2014 04:43 PM)Kavos Wrote:  Fuck you. Feminism, if it was really about equality, would be called something else. Something that reflects equality. You don't believe in equality. You're a fucking scumbag. Fuck you, twat.

I think someone needs a hug.
11-06-2014, 04:58 PM
(11-06-2014 04:43 PM)Kavos Wrote:  Fuck you. Feminism, if it was really about equality, would be called something else. Something that reflects equality. You don't believe in equality. You're a fucking scumbag. Fuck you, twat.

um.... *glances over at western women thread*

HuhHoboLaughat
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post